Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Have we got a definitive date on the duration of the 3 months?
My card fee shows on my statement as December 20th, but my 3rd statement date is on Monday, and I'm doubtful I will get any bonus points after that... I think they are just multiplying statement amounts, I doubt the process is sophisticated enough to pick up mid-month transactions and multiple!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by britbronco22
Have we got a definitive date on the duration of the 3 months?
My card fee shows on my statement as December 20th, but my 3rd statement date is on Monday, and I'm doubtful I will get any bonus points after that... I think they are just multiplying statement amounts, I doubt the process is sophisticated enough to pick up mid-month transactions and multiple!
I don't know about definitive but this was the response I got when I asked Avios by email:

"The dates will run from when the card was taken out and opened and for
three months after this. So for your account it would be from 06/01/12 to
06/04/12 inclusive. The Avios will be calculated after each statement is
issued and then manually added to a spreadsheet, and then they will come
over on the next statement after that."

Although given that I've not received any bonus Avios but have received two lots of regular Avios, I'm not sure how reliable their comments are!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by louie-m
I don't know about definitive but this was the response I got when I asked Avios by email:

"The dates will run from when the card was taken out and opened and for
three months after this. So for your account it would be from 06/01/12 to
06/04/12 inclusive. The Avios will be calculated after each statement is
issued and then manually added to a spreadsheet, and then they will come
over on the next statement after that."

Although given that I've not received any bonus Avios but have received two lots of regular Avios, I'm not sure how reliable their comments are!
Thanks, could you tell me what date your annual fee was charged to your card? I'm trying to guess from the date my payment was taken what the date was I opened the card.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by britbronco22
Thanks, could you tell me what date your annual fee was charged to your card? I'm trying to guess from the date my payment was taken what the date was I opened the card.
9 January
Old Mar 9, 2012, 3:51 am

Interesting.... I just got my Lloyds card after Mr. JaneD's card ran out of the 3 months and my bonus Avios posted today but not my standard ones (ie, got the 9 x but not the initial 1 x). It did it automatically without any need to chase anyone or call which is good news at last but I guess I'll have to see what happens next
Old Mar 9, 2012, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by janed9388
Interesting.... I just got my Lloyds card after Mr. JaneD's card ran out of the 3 months and my bonus Avios posted today but not my standard ones (ie, got the 9 x but not the initial 1 x). It did it automatically without any need to chase anyone or call which is good news at last but I guess I'll have to see what happens next
I've had a second month's base Avios but no bonus at all yet - will call Lloyds on Monday to chase it I think.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Olly-
I've had a second month's base Avios but no bonus at all yet - will call Lloyds on Monday to chase it I think.
Ditto. Let us know how you get on on Monday.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Ditto. Let us know how you get on on Monday.
Will do - I'm expecting to get fobbed off though!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 4:53 am

How long from the e-mail from Avios staing your account has been created/updated to receiving the card? I'm almost 3 weeks along now and still waiting and have big purchases I need to make ASAP
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:04 am

Programs: F
At last. Today must be Fix The Bonus Day.

Card started in January, first statement in early Feb and second one a few days ago which instantly transferred the base miles but no bonus. Today, at last, the 9x bonus has appeared as two "manual adjustments".

I had moaned to Lloyds in mid Jan and again in mid Feb and was told that I was "on the list" for manual intervention. I then also moaned to Avios direct and found a nice lady in Customer Services on the end of the phone who investigated and then 9 days ago emailed a promise that it would get sorted within 14 days. It was.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by COOLIO
How long from the e-mail from Avios staing your account has been created/updated to receiving the card? I'm almost 3 weeks along now and still waiting and have big purchases I need to make ASAP
Your PIN will arrive first - do you have that yet?

If you ring their new applications line they should be able to tell you if the card has been sent out.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:39 am

No pin. I may have to although they know me by name now and I don't even need to give my application code

I hate being THAT person.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by COOLIO
No pin. I may have to although they know me by name now and I don't even need to give my application code
Oh dear
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:28 am

Oh dear.

I've just read through a whole lot of pages on this very thread and seen how much of a nightmare many of you are having with Lloyds.

I can't even imagine how many times i'm going to be on the phone to them in the near future. I've applied for the premier card, even though i have a dormant airmiles duo card from 2006, because 2 people in Lloyds told me i'd still get my 10x bonus and one guy from avios told me the same....

Plus when i start hammering the card with purchases (i've been saving them up) i'm sure to be on the phone to them all the time too.

Then i'll be onto them for half of my £50 fee back too, as is on thier website.

What have i let myself in for???

p.s I guess there was an answer in here somewhere, but is the 10x bonus applied to the matercard as well?? Giving 2.5 avios per pound for three months.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:30 am

Ok card on its way but with a pitiful credit limit. A few questions;

Loading - I saw in this thread one report of someone who loaded and 2 days later the card was stopped. Any other stories of loading the card (I need to make a purchase that exceeds the limit).

Paying off the balance - I usually pay cards from my current account. How long will it take to clear down my balance? Or is it quicker paying by switch on the Lloyds website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.