Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:30 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
The P family Saga finally over?

Called today and asked why I hadn't been called back by a manager regarding my complaint on Friday as I was promised.

Told she could not see any record of any complaint, and that if there was there should have been a reference number added to my notes, so I had to go through it all again, Grrrrrrr

re: £25 refund, denied all knowledge of it so I directed her to website, pointed out clause 5 on http://www.lloydstsb.com/credit_card..._duo_avios.asp

She apologised and said she would flag this with her manager so they could look into why the call center staff have no knowledge of it.

She then put me on hold while she called avios, came back and told me that I was eligible and that the points should come through as a voucher, not as points and also for 9,000, not 10,000, no idea why but I said OK I'll settle for 9,000 if that's what they say I'm getting.

She then put me back on hold as they were still checking when exactly I should get this voucher.

Came back and told me this would show on my account at the end of march.

She then told me that she would credit my account for £15 for being on hold so long today, also that refund for £25 under clause 5 will show within 48 hours.

I then asked her to look into Mrs P's account, after putting Mrs P on the phone to them to pass security and passing the call back to me

She put me on hold again whilst she spoke to Avios, then came back and said that she could assure me that Mrs P will definitely receive 10x her normal Avios points for the first 3 months. YEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I asked for this to be confirmed in writing as I didn't want to have any further problems regarding this.

She said she was unable to do that, so I asked her why she couldn't use open a Task or TMS the same way as when they wrote back to confirm my spend.

Put me on hold again whilst she spoke to the "accounts" team to find out if this was possible and came back saying yes, Mrs P would receive a letter to confirm within 7-10 working days.

I was quite happy at this point so I asked if there was any way I could thank her for this officially, or somewhere I could send a "well done" note to, she said that she would get her manager on the phone and I could speak to him.

Manager came on the phone and I told him that, as he could probably see from my account, I have made quite a few calls to them and that this was the first time someone seemed genuinely willing to help and managed to resolve all our queries on both accounts in 1 phone call, albeit a call that lasted 49 minutes in total.

Just goes to show you.....

If at first you don't succeed, hang up and try again.

And they all lived happily ever after.

THE END!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:35 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Who should I actually be calling? Is it Lloyds or Avios? I might try again before I write.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:37 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Who should I actually be calling? Is it Lloyds or Avios? I might try again before I write.
Call Lloyds, but don't let them put you through to anyone else.

Tell them you dont mind holding and insist they stay with you until the question is answered.

Ask for Sophie if possible.

01702 278 272
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Called today and asked why I hadn't been called back by a manager regarding my complaint on Friday as I was promised.

Told she could not see any record of any complaint, and that if there was there should have been a reference number added to my notes, so I had to go through it all again, Grrrrrrr

re: £25 refund, denied all knowledge of it so I directed her to website, pointed out clause 5 on http://www.lloydstsb.com/credit_card..._duo_avios.asp

She apologised and said she would flag this with her manager so they could look into why the call center staff have no knowledge of it.

She then put me on hold while she called avios, came back and told me that I was eligible and that the points should come through as a voucher, not as points and also for 9,000, not 10,000, no idea why but I said OK I'll settle for 9,000 if that's what they say I'm getting.

She then put me back on hold as they were still checking when exactly I should get this voucher.

Came back and told me this would show on my account at the end of march.

She then told me that she would credit my account for £15 for being on hold so long today, also that refund for £25 under clause 5 will show within 48 hours.

I then asked her to look into Mrs P's account, after putting Mrs P on the phone to them to pass security and passing the call back to me

She put me on hold again whilst she spoke to Avios, then came back and said that she could assure me that Mrs P will definitely receive 10x her normal Avios points for the first 3 months. YEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I asked for this to be confirmed in writing as I didn't want to have any further problems regarding this.

She said she was unable to do that, so I asked her why she couldn't use open a Task or TMS the same way as when they wrote back to confirm my spend.

Put me on hold again whilst she spoke to the "accounts" team to find out if this was possible and came back saying yes, Mrs P would receive a letter to confirm within 7-10 working days.

I was quite happy at this point so I asked if there was any way I could thank her for this officially, or somewhere I could send a "well done" note to, she said that she would get her manager on the phone and I could speak to him.

Manager came on the phone and I told him that, as he could probably see from my account, I have made quite a few calls to them and that this was the first time someone seemed genuinely willing to help and managed to resolve all our queries on both accounts in 1 phone call, albeit a call that lasted 49 minutes in total.

THE END!
Well dont hold your breath. OPs have been told all sorts of different things.

My plan is to wait 30 days ( as per T and C ), then call. If no result I will write an official complaint.

How easy would it be just to put a note on the opening page of their web site explaining the technical issues.!!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Silver

THE END!
I'd wait till you and your wife get the points before getting too carried away

Too many call center staff nowadays tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone, and hope you won't instigate the "retrieve the call recording" option.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
[She told me] that the points should come through as a voucher, not as points and also for 9,000, not 10,000, no idea why but I said OK I'll settle for 9,000 if that's what they say I'm getting.
I wonder if she's confused with another promotion. (Nothing would surprise me.)

There was a targeted promo to every avios.com member with over 100,000 Avios in their account worth 9,000 Avios for spending £1,200 on the LloydsTSB Duo AmEx in the three months to 15 February 2012. This would be credited by voucher rather than a direct credit to an avios.com total. I got the promo and spent the £££. I'm waiting for the 9,000 Avios voucher, due by mid-March I suppose.

OT: I got an e-rewards invitation to answer questions on financial services. It became clear that the sponsor of the survey was LTSB. There were the usual rating questions as well as some write-in boxes (to find out why and why not, etc). I felt much better after submitting the survey!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Paralytic
I'd wait till you and your wife get the points before getting too carried away

Too many call center staff nowadays tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone, and hope you won't instigate the "retrieve the call recording" option.
Good point,

I might give a call back this afternoon just to ask them to read me back the notes from the last call.

Anyone know a good call recording app for iPhone?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Well done, PanGalactic (at least, hopefully!).

Thanks for the link to the Premier Duo CC T&Cs. One question about this £25 rebate: does that also apply to the cards organised through Avios.com that were subject to the 10x bonus, rather than the 10k bonus?

If so, I think I'll wait before cancelling it!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dark_horse
Well done, PanGalactic (at least, hopefully!).

Thanks for the link to the Premier Duo CC T&Cs. One question about this £25 rebate: does that also apply to the cards organised through Avios.com that were subject to the 10x bonus, rather than the 10k bonus?

If so, I think I'll wait before cancelling it!
Not sure to be honest, if they give us the 10x Avios for first 3 months, they can keep the £25 with my blessing
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:00 am

Well I did get my £25 fee refund the day after I called last week, so at least something has worked (showed on the account as 'Ex-Gratia Fee Refund').
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ag51
Well I did get my £25 fee refund the day after I called last week, so at least something has worked (showed on the account as 'Ex-Gratia Fee Refund').
So basically they did it for you as a favour out of the kindness of their hearts!

Ex gratia ( /ˌɛks ˈɡreɪʃiə/;[1] also spelled ex-gratia) is Latin for "by favour", and is most often used in a legal context. When something has been done ex gratia, it has been done voluntarily, out of kindness or grace. In law, an ex gratia payment is a payment made without the giver recognising any liability or legal obligation.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:24 am
Suspended

UPDATE: I just had a call from a case handler at the complaints department who has confirmed £25+£15 has been added to my account, I also metnioned that I felt there may be some confusion over which offer I signed up for, ie: 10,000 bonus Avios as opposed to a 9,000 Avios voucher, and she said she would arrange for the 10,000 points to go on for the next statement and cancel the voucher if that was indeed what I was going to receive.

I also have a direct number for her and a case reference number.

Happy days
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by britbronco22
Base miles post within a day or too of the statement date. Bonus miles post later, 28 days in month one, 4 days in month two.
My month 2 statement arrived today, and I've still not had my base points from statement 1 posted to my avios account. I phoned 2 weeks ago and was told it takes a while after 1st statement, so lets wait I thinks.
So arriving home after work, statement 2 is waiting for me. I then check my avios account again (daily routine now). computer says no.
So 1st port of call is avios to see if Lloydstsb have opened a seperate account. Answer no, only one account at this postcode and surname. Next step phone Lloydstsb. I'm told it normally takes time to post. My reply is this normal for just me or anyone else as I know people who have received their avios just after the statement date. I'm then put on hold untill he returns and informs me that the department to deal with this has gone home for the day.
I've currently put my card spend on hold because of this and with a large purchase due I do not want to waste the spend.

You lot think you got problems getting your bonus avious!!!! Luxury I say!!!!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by kinell
My month 2 statement arrived today, and I've still not had my base points from statement 1 posted to my avios account. I phoned 2 weeks ago and was told it takes a while after 1st statement, so lets wait I thinks.
So arriving home after work, statement 2 is waiting for me. I then check my avios account again (daily routine now). computer says no.
So 1st port of call is avios to see if Lloydstsb have opened a seperate account. Answer no, only one account at this postcode and surname. Next step phone Lloydstsb. I'm told it normally takes time to post. My reply is this normal for just me or anyone else as I know people who have received their avios just after the statement date. I'm then put on hold untill he returns and informs me that the department to deal with this has gone home for the day.
I've currently put my card spend on hold because of this and with a large purchase due I do not want to waste the spend.

You lot think you got problems getting your bonus avious!!!! Luxury I say!!!!
Yes my bonus ones turned up about 2 days later. If you're going to keep the card it would be worth signing up for online access to the account - only takes a few days to come through - then you can check hourly for the extra avios
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:14 am
Suspended

Spending spree :)

Well, so far today on Mr P's shiny new Lloyds Avios Duo Premier Amex I have paid:

My car insurance for a year instead of monthly, saving £140 (and also blagged a free MOT voucher)
Mrs P's Gym membership for year instead of monthly saving £225

With the bonus Avios, I'll also be getting about 28,000 for the first 2 transactions and I'm just getting warmed up

So not only earning Sh!tloads of Avios, but saving money at the same time.

Don't forget if you are bringing spend forward like this in order to get the bonus Avios, make sure you ask for good discounts too!!!

Let the rinsing begin!!!

Last edited by PanGalactic; Feb 28, 2012 at 8:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.