Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Modo
I notice they have introduced a Foreign/Overseas Transaction Fee of 3%. Just as Tesco did a few months back.

Applied for a Nationwide card with no fee, but will need to check the exchange rates in case they are loading that way.
Nationwide CC is still good as gold for overseas purchases, you will get the VISA rate with no adjustments.

Just a shame they axed the fee free transactions for the Flex account really. I suppose people like me making multiple withdrawals of 400THB a time to avoid large notes didn't really help.....
Old Dec 15, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Sandgrounder
Nationwide CC is still good as gold for overseas purchases, you will get the VISA rate with no adjustments.

Just a shame they axed the fee free transactions for the Flex account really. I suppose people like me making multiple withdrawals of 400THB a time to avoid large notes didn't really help.....
I think backpackers may have had something to do with it. Tens of thousands of travellers heading off every year, each one of them taking out a Flex Account with the sole intention of using it for fee free withdrawals. Unsustainable, but great while it lasted. Would love to see them bring it back, though; perhaps with a "must pay in £1000 a month to benefit" clause.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I think backpackers may have had something to do with it. Tens of thousands of travellers heading off every year, each one of them taking out a Flex Account with the sole intention of using it for fee free withdrawals. Unsustainable, but great while it lasted. Would love to see them bring it back, though; perhaps with a "must pay in £1000 a month to benefit" clause.
Norwich and Peterborough have been running the same deal for a while now with such a restriction (£500 pm for the 'Gold' or 5 transactions a month for the 'Gold Light'). Although it wouldn't be that difficult, the hassle of circumventing this has been enough to deter an advantage-taker such as myself thus far....
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Metrobank has still got fee-free foreign withdrawals and transactions.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 2:50 pm

Halifax clarity is also a good card - spot rate on purchases and withdrawals
Old Dec 16, 2012, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by COOLIO
Halifax clarity is also a good card - spot rate on purchases and withdrawals
... and a low interest rate on withdrawals - about 1% a month for most cardholders, and this can be cut for those willing to make an interim Faster Payment from their online bank account. (Too much bother for me, but I know some are keen.)

On one occasion, after my Clarity card account was settled by direct debit, interest on interest clicked in and the next month's balance was £0.01. Which they duly collected by direct debit. Surely the smallest possible bank transaction.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
19/12/2012 LLOYDS TSB BONUS AVIOS 9,000

Mrs P just got this for her bank loan last month,

I didn't get mine yet which is strange as we both signed up at exactly the same time!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Update:

Did an online chat with Avios.com to ask about my 9,000 points
They referred me to the Lloyds main number
They transferred me back to Avios (flight sales desk )
A very helpful Avios sales agent put me on hold for a while while she tried to find a better number then gave me the number for the Loyalty department of Lloyds.

Make a note of this number for Lloyds loyalty department: 0845 606 2177

A very helpful Lloyds loyalty agent had a look on the system for me and told me that my 9,000 points are pending and will be done on the next statement!

Mrs P's statement date is different from mine, hence why she got her points before me, lol
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: ALL Accor Platinum
Sorry for the very basic question but... I couldn't find the answer on the Avios website.

My credit card is in the post, and I've signed up to Avios.com. How do I pair the two so that the points are associated with spend on my card?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mike_P
Sorry for the very basic question but... I couldn't find the answer on the Avios website.

My credit card is in the post, and I've signed up to Avios.com. How do I pair the two so that the points are associated with spend on my card?
You will find the answer waaaaaaaaaaaay back in this thread somewhere!

The points go over once per month.

It will either happen automatically a couple of days after your first statement is issued, but they may or may not have created you a duplicate account and the points will go there instead. In this case you will need to call Avios.com and have the 2 accounts merged.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: ALL Accor Platinum
Thanks pangalactic. I suspected the answer would be in the thread but baulked at the prospect of trawling through a 156 pages. I opened the avios account today so if they'll open another one for me I can just let the other one lay dormant.

Last edited by Mike_P; Dec 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.