Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by dannyrado
Then i'll be onto them for half of my £50 fee back too, as is on thier website.
That only applies if you went directly via Lloyds, not via avios.com for the 10x offer.

p.s I guess there was an answer in here somewhere, but is the 10x bonus applied to the matercard as well?? Giving 2.5 avios per pound for three months.
Nope, only the Amex.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by COOLIO
Ok card on its way but with a pitiful credit limit.
Sounds familiar!

A few questions;

Loading - I saw in this thread one report of someone who loaded and 2 days later the card was stopped. Any other stories of loading the card (I need to make a purchase that exceeds the limit).
Yes, I have put it in credit a few times for that reason and it's never been blocked. Once by £2000! Your mileage may vary of course.

Paying off the balance - I usually pay cards from my current account. How long will it take to clear down my balance? Or is it quicker paying by switch on the Lloyds website?
You can't pay by debit card online, you have to send the payment by FPS. My payments from First Direct update the available credit amount immediately so you can spend on it within a few minutes of paying it off.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Unless you have a Lloyds current account you cant pay off the CC via the Lloyds (terrible) online banking.

I send a payment via my online banking and it takes ~ 2 hours (fast payment)
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:39 am

Thanks Olly! Almost identical situation so your reply have been great
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Olly-
That only applies if you went directly via Lloyds, not via avios.com for the 10x offer.

Nope, only the Amex.
Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC, Skywards
Right, just received my first statement and, as I feared, the 10x bonus was not applied. Got onto the phone with Lloyds, and got passed onto Avios within the first minute of the call (of course, why wouldn't they do that?!).

Avios can't explain why I've not got 10x bonus after taking his time to check through my accounts. So I asked him to confirm that their system shows my card was applied through their website - and got the shocking 'NO' answer. I said I definitely applied through the avios website. Avios then pointed me to the Lloyds Avios Card helpline. Is this the right line to follow? What is the best plan of attack?

Last edited by jokers; Mar 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm Reason: Adding extra info
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Just had my third statement. No bonus yet. First two statements were processed manually on the 2nd statement date so don't know why this one hasn't been done.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
My cards arrived yesterday. Handy hint: if you shop at a place that doesn't accept Amex, try buying a gift card for it from WHSmith or a supermarket.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by smckay
Unless you have a Lloyds current account you cant pay off the CC via the Lloyds (terrible) online banking.

I send a payment via my online banking and it takes ~ 2 hours (fast payment)
Sorry, can you please clarify what you mean? I use First Direct to pay (and pre-pay) my card. The available balance increases in a couple of hours usually, but transaction may not show til later.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by dddc
Sorry, can you please clarify what you mean? I use First Direct to pay (and pre-pay) my card. The available balance increases in a couple of hours usually, but transaction may not show til later.
not sure what you want clarification on;

1. You can not pay off the Credit Card via Lloyds online banking (unlike the majority of credit cards)
or

2. Paying or pre paying into your Lloyds credit card via your own bank account (FD or HSBC for example) takes about 2 hours.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: QF Gold
I thought this had been covered but I cannot for the life of me find it in a search!

Does buying actual foreign cash (ie banknotes) through Lloyds Travel Money earn Avios? The website seems to claim 0% handling fee, but after digging through T&Cs I have a feeling it's treated as a Cash Withdrawal
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I don't know for certain, but I'd very strongly suspect it gets treated as a cash advance.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Talking

Hahaha, You guys are going to love this........

I booked a hotel on Mrs P's BAPP on 05/01/2012 for 1000 euros.

Date Processed: 05 Jan 2012
Cardmember: Mrs P
Foreign Spend Amount: 1.000,00 EUR
Commission: £24.98
Exchange Rate: 1.197

£860.35

When we were checking out, I thought I'd be cheeky, explained to them about the 10x offer and asked if they could refund the 1000 euros to her BAPP and take it from the LTSBPDA (Lloyds TSB Premier Duo Avios, we need to find a better abbreviation than that ) instead which they surprisingly agreed to do!

So the refund just came through......

Date Processed: 12 Mar 2012
Commission: £25.12
Exchange Rate: 1.1904

£865.12

I don't know how but we just made £4.77 profit from a 0.0066 currency fluctuation! (as well as an extra 21625 or so Avios, yay!)

I'm guessing they must have refunded the commission aswell. I was expecting to get stung by commission again on the refund but apparently not!

Maybe someone who is a better mathematician than me can explain how this works out, as I've sat here with a calculator for the past 1/2 hour and cant make the numbers fit

Interestingly it hasn't added to her available credit yet, but I'm guessing this will update later today or tomorrow.

Will also be interesting to see what Lloyds charge for the 1450 or so euros the total hotel bill came to as that transaction was done at the same time as the refund to the BAPP.

^Amex^
^SPG^

Last edited by PanGalactic; Mar 12, 2012 at 9:28 pm
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Hahaha, You guys are going to love this........

I booked a hotel on Mrs P's BAPP on 05/01/2012 for 1000 euros.

Date Processed: 05 Jan 2012
Commission: £24.98
Exchange Rate: 1.197

£860.35

When we were checking out, I thought I'd be cheeky, explained to them about the 10x offer and asked if they could refund the 1000 euros to her BAPP and take it from the LTSBPDA (Lloyds TSB Premier Duo Avios, we need to find a better abbreviation than that ) instead which they surprisingly agreed to do!

So the refund just came through......

Date Processed: 12 Mar 2012
Commission: £25.12
Exchange Rate: 1.1904

£865.12

I don't know how but we just made £4.77 profit from a 0.0066 currency fluctuation! (as well as an extra 21625 or so Avios, yay!)

I'm guessing they must have refunded the commission aswell. I was expecting to get stung by commission again on the refund but apparently not!

Maybe someone who is a better mathematician than me can explain how this works out, as I've sat here with a calculator for the past 1/2 hour and cant make the numbers fit

Interestingly it hasn't added to her available credit yet, but I'm guessing this will update later today or tomorrow.

Will also be interesting to see what Lloyds charge for the 1450 or so euros the total hotel bill came to as that transaction was done at the same time as the refund to the BAPP.

^Amex^
^SPG^

Your missis must hate you "playing credit cards", i know mine does with me. I've been told in no uncertain terms that she is having no more.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:25 am

So yesterday was my 3rd statement date, and I'm pretty sure also the end of the 10x offer period for me.
Now I just have a bit of nail biting, I made some big purchases on Thursday last week (3 working days before the statement date), they have been deducted from the available credit, but they still aren't showing against the balance, so I hope they make it into the statement!

If not hopefully the transaction date will be clear, but I don't relish the fight to get the bonus applied. Fingers crossed it all gets on in time to avoid the hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.