Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:22 am

Rejected

Got a letter in the post this morning saying that i was rejected. Got a feeling that Raffles is right and that someone that pays of all there credit at the end of the month is not that interesting to them.

Is it worth appealing? My statements would provide evidence of a decent income and savings but would that be enough or would i still get rejected?

Would it be worth my wife applying instead? Or do they look at the household or the individual?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by smashie
Got a letter in the post this morning saying that i was rejected. Got a feeling that Raffles is right and that someone that pays of all there credit at the end of the month is not that interesting to them.

Is it worth appealing? My statements would provide evidence of a decent income and savings but would that be enough or would i still get rejected?

Would it be worth my wife applying instead? Or do they look at the household or the individual?
Don't know about appealing but I'm not sure it's the paying off of the bils, I applied 29th Nov, card arrived 10th dec. All C.C. bills in full each month.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
FWIW, I applied for a one of these cards (well, two of them - but we're not interested in the Mastercard ) in my gf's name. By virtue of the fact that she was always discouraged from taking out credit cards, she doesn't have much of a credit history. Perhaps for that reason, she was accepted.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci

I applied, was turned down, and appealed, and never heard anything thereafter.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:45 am

As this offer is on until the end of February 2012 I'm going to apply as soon as I've hit the 2 for 1 on my BA PP card which should be mid January. Got a few big expenses in February (train season ticket and car warranty renewal) which would give me over 50,000 Avios alone, ignoring Avios earned on normal day to day spend.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC

They may look at household income, but each person has their own credit rating and decisions, in theory, would be taken on that.

Having said that, both my wife and I were rejected and we both have a good history and a good income. All a bit strange (and annoying, as we could have earned a nice pile of Avios). Can't see the point in appealing, but do let us know if you do have any success.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Horris
They may look at household income, but each person has their own credit rating and decisions, in theory, would be taken on that.

Having said that, both my wife and I were rejected and we both have a good history and a good income. All a bit strange (and annoying, as we could have earned a nice pile of Avios). Can't see the point in appealing, but do let us know if you do have any success.
Same here Horris, both good incomes and credit ratings (or so i thought). I do have more credit applications in the last few years than my wife so she might stand a better chance. My initial feeling was that what was the point in appealing as i can't see what information would make them reconsider.

I post the outcome if i decided to appeal
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by Raffles
Amex has a limit - 2 charge and 2 credit? In your case, you have 1 charge and 2 credit. The MBNA card is immaterial as it is MBNA's money at risk, not Amex's.
Three personal products in total at Amex, two business.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:36 am

Amex has a limit - 2 charge and 2 credit? In your case, you have 1 charge and 2 credit. The MBNA card is immaterial as it is MBNA's money at risk, not Amex's.
I have a Plat, an SPG and a BA PP. I received a letter last week that said "introducing the perfect companion to your platinum card", offering me a Platinum credit card with 3000 bonus MR points after spending £500 in the first 3 months. Not a really big deal, but potentially 3000 Avios for nothing so I thought I may as well apply. However, even though Amex have invited me to apply, is it likely that this will count towards my maximum number of Amex cards, which would then put me over the 2+2 limit and trigger a rejection, or is the targeted "invitation" an indication that the limit will be ignored in this case?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by stifle
Don't get overexcited, there's a surcharge
1.4% I think .
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by SteveF
1.4% I think .
Correct.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by SteveF
1.4% I think .
But still a great deal if you have the '2 miles per £1' BMI Mastercard
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:04 pm

But still a great deal if you have the '2 miles per £1' BMI Mastercard
Pity they don't let you pay with a 12.5 Avios per £1 Lloyds Avios Amex though. If you can actually get the link to work and apply for one that is .
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Applied, and also got my rejection letter today (reason given: credit score to low). Never had a problem with any credit card ever in the past - but I do admit, I probably have too many at the moment (all with £0 balances).
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:50 pm
Used to be BAWatersideGuy

Programs: BAEC Blue, El Al Matmid, Amex Plat, PP, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CX Gold, C.Carlson Gold, Hertz/Avis
Hi all

First time poster on FT!

I have been weighing up either going for Lloyds Avios cards/ Lloyds Premier Avios or the BA Amex.

I know the Lloyds are new to the market and I know (if you sign up through avios.com) that you cna get a lot more bonus Avios than with BA Amex.

However all the talk on this thread seems to point to a lot of rejections to people applying for the Lloyds card.

In my new role I am likely to be travelling a fair amount and it would be good to put all my expenses on one of these cards to increase my BAEC points.

Any advice from those more experienced?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.