Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by SteveF
You may be out of luck when upgrading. Amex do not pay new account bonuses when upgrading from the BA Blue to the PP and I suspect that may be standard practice.
They did when I did, this was back in 08ish though I believe.

Re- Lloyds, my cards and PINs came through this AM.

I have always auto paid off any balances I have on any credit cards and have had no other debt ever (bar my mortgage and being £40 or so overdrawn when I left uni!). I'm not a huge spender, with on average about 2,000ish a month spent on credit cards I'd guess

The limit is only £3,000 though which seems a bit stingy!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:19 am

I've just realised that throughout the App and set up process I have never provided an Avios number!!

What have other people done on this front?! How will I get my Avios?!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:21 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
I've just realised that throughout the App and set up process I have never provided an Avios number!!

Presumably you were logged into your Avios account at the time, so hopefully they can tell from there.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by cmcbugg
Presumably you were logged into your Avios account at the time, so hopefully they can tell from there.
Nope, I didn't have one at the time
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:38 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

I queried this too, apparently they find it through your name/address, if you dont have an avios account, they create one for you.
In my case I called about a week after the card was setup and gave them my avios number and they were able to confirm that the card had been linked to that account correctly.

My first Lloyds avios arrived a couple of days ago and moved them to BAEC to look after for me. (I'm keeping 1 avios in the avios account)
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
I queried this too, apparently they find it through your name/address, if you dont have an avios account, they create one for you.
In my case I called about a week after the card was setup and gave them my avios number and they were able to confirm that the card had been linked to that account correctly.

My first Lloyds avios arrived a couple of days ago and moved them to BAEC to look after for me. (I'm keeping 1 avios in the avios account)
Cheers Pan. Did you phone Lloyds or Avios?

Im on the phone to them now (well on hold waiting for the Avios dept/ company) so I will persevere and ensure they have the number and record of the Bonus too!

Are you getting the 10 point bonus straight away?

Update- Spoke to the lovely Marjorie at Avios, who again confirmed PanGalactic's experience that they automatically connect the accounts together using your registered details and that you should get your Avios from Lloyds deposited monthly.

Seems quite hi-tech in some regards and very low in others, its all a bit of hang on and wait and see if they come in!

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Dec 13, 2011 at 5:01 am Reason: update following phone call
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by stifle
With respect, what Amex does on upgrades is of no relevance to what Lloyds TSB will do with upgrades. I agree with your answer, but not your reason
I was just voicing my opinion that what Amex does may be standard(ish) practice and that larryflyer shouldn't be too surprised or disapponted if Lloyds TSB does the same.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:35 am

Has anyone managed to get around the non-working link on the Avios site yet?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone managed to get around the non-working link on the Avios site yet?
Not for me. I have tried different computers as well.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by origin
Not for me. I have tried different computers as well.
So have I. I use Firefox and that just brings up a new tab with the same page everytime so I just tried IE for a change and that brought up a "blank page" tab. At least it was something different to look at .

Edit: Just been speaking on the Avios "Live Web Chat". They are working on it, but can't give a time or date when it will be fixed. I suspect there will be a deluge of applications when it is though.

Last edited by SteveF; Dec 13, 2011 at 6:49 am
Old Dec 13, 2011, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So have I. I use Firefox and that just brings up a new tab with the same page everytime so I just tried IE for a change and that brought up a "blank page" tab. At least it was something different to look at .
IE and Chrome for me, still blank page.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It doesn't take that long to fix a link. I suspect they're slowing down applications before the big spending xmas shopping/sales period. Quite annoying as I'm going to the US for 3 weeks, 25 points per £ spent abroad would have come in handy.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by miniboot
It doesn't take that long to fix a link. I suspect they're slowing down applications before the big spending xmas shopping/sales period. Quite annoying as I'm going to the US for 3 weeks, 25 points per £ spent abroad would have come in handy.
As long as they fix it before my big spending Mexican holiday in February .
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
There is still no proof that you get 25 per pound for FX spend abroad. We are waiting for a bonus to post for someone.

If it does work, I will be booking flights on foreign websites for a while!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:12 pm

As long as they fix it before my big spending Mexican holiday in February .
It is quite clearly a delaying tactic. Firstly they claim the link is working from their end, then they admit there is an issue and state the techs should sort it out on Monday... surprise surprise it's still not working!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.