Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Olly-
Did you have to chase them for the bonus on your first two statements?
I have received 3 bonuses now, one for each statement. I only chased the first one once, I enquired to Avios.com how long it would take for the bonus, they said 28 days, I waited and it duly arrived. The next two arrived with a day or two of the base points.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
3. Because I only get 1.25 Avios per £ on the LTSBPDA whereas the BAPP gives me 1.25
I believe you have the BAPP earning 1.5 Avios per £ and 3 per £ on BA spend.

But then there's the fee to consider - AIUI the BAPP costs 3x the LTSB Premier fee (ignoring opening, closing, reopening, reopening bonuses, credits and incentives ...) and comes with other benefits.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
OK, I just called Lloyds to cancel my LTSBPDA, here is what happened.....

She started taking details including asking me why I wanted to cancel the card, to which I answered as follows:

1. Because the companion voucher only kicks in at £15,000 on the LTSBPDA whereas the BAPP gives one at £10,000
2. Because the LTSBPDA companion voucher can only be used in short haul Y whereas the BAPP companion voucher can be used on any redemption flight.
3. Because I only get 1.25 Avios per £ on the LTSBPDA whereas the BAPP gives me 1.25

I then stopped the questions and said that normally when i call to cancel a card I am usually offered some sort of incentive in order to keep the card but it sounds like she was going to do that.

She said, NO sir, the procedure here is just to close the card if the customer asks to but i can put you through to retention to see if they can offer you anything if you like.

Got passed through to retention and was asked the same questions again.

I asked if they were prepared to offer me any incentive to keep the card to which the answer was NO.

"Suddenly" I remembered the Avios.com 2,000 bonuses for collecting with a new partner (Has anyone got one from the LTSBPDA yet by the way?) and said that since the card fee would not be until November, I may aswell keep the card until then and spend £80 per quarter on the Amex in order to get the 2,000 bonuses, thanked her for her time and said goodbye.

A bit disappointing but assuming I get the bonuses, I am due 2,000 already and £240 spend between now and november for another 6,000 is not to be sniffed at, I just have to remember to actually spend the £80's each quarter and cancel before Mid November
I collected with Lloyds last year through the current account switcher offer.

I will probably keep the card for the first year as there is no fee refund. It is actually the highest earning card for foreign spend at 2.5 Avios. Most of my spend is expenses so not worried about the fx charge.
I think the only way you can beat that is 2 MRs on the gold card and then get offered a 100% bonus transfer.
Given that I am now very Avios rich though I value MR points more highly as they are more versatile.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Roger
I believe you have the BAPP earning 1.5 Avios per £ and 3 per £ on BA spend.

But then there's the fee to consider - AIUI the BAPP costs 3x the LTSB Premier fee (ignoring opening, closing, reopening, reopening bonuses, credits and incentives ...) and comes with other benefits.
Well spotted, corrected!

BAPP also offered me 3 months of 50% bonus Avios when I called to cancel
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by britbronco22
I collected with Lloyds last year through the current account switcher offer.

I will probably keep the card for the first year as there is no fee refund. It is actually the highest earning card for foreign spend at 2.5 Avios. Most of my spend is expenses so not worried about the fx charge.
I think the only way you can beat that is 2 MRs on the gold card and then get offered a 100% bonus transfer.
Given that I am now very Avios rich though I value MR points more highly as they are more versatile.
Yes, we'll probably keep Mrs P's LTSBPDA for the 2.5 per £ on foreign spend, whereas I will go for the Tesco mastercard once my credit history calms down a bit

What's the current account switcher?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:46 am

Having been rejected despite (or perhaps because of) a perfect credit score and having a regular income, I am tempted to try to sign up Mrs 24/7...she doesn't work and so has no regular income. Ordinarily, I would say that she would not have a hope of being accepted, but Lloyds appear to work in very mysterious ways, and so I wanted to know if anyone else has successfully obtained a card with no actual income...?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by twentyfourseven
Having been rejected despite (or perhaps because of) a perfect credit score and having a regular income, I am tempted to try to sign up Mrs 24/7...she doesn't work and so has no regular income. Ordinarily, I would say that she would not have a hope of being accepted, but Lloyds appear to work in very mysterious ways, and so I wanted to know if anyone else has successfully obtained a card with no actual income...?
Does it not ask for household income? Or is it just Amex that does that
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22
Does it not ask for household income? Or is it just Amex that does that
No, it asks for individual income. It does have an option in the dropdown employment box for "homemaker", but typically that is not a job that involves being a salaried employee....
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC, Prioriy club, Virgin atlantic, Airmiles
Finally, I managed to speak to a sensible person in Lloyds TSB Avios card loyalty department and I have been promised (!) that the bonus Avios points will be credited within the next few weeks.

It seemed me that they have realised now that there is an issue with bonus points for those of us who applied through Avios and have allocated a manager who apparently has a list of those with the problems and have a system (manual one it seems) in place to correct these errors.

I am a little bit more optimistic now than last time but will have to wait and see the results.

Siva
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by twentyfourseven
Same position - I earn $$$$, the boss spends $$$$. Both she and I were rejected.

No harm in trying though.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
FYI: A bit of foreign spending at the weekend was converted at the rate of about €1.15 / £1, whereas my Halifax Clarity card offered €1.19.

So I'll be using my AMEX for 25 points per pound until the promotion ends but it will probably stay in the country after that!

Unless it goes on company expenses, of course!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by dark_horse
FYI: A bit of foreign spending at the weekend was converted at the rate of about €1.15 / £1, whereas my Halifax Clarity card offered €1.19.

So I'll be using my AMEX for 25 points per pound until the promotion ends but it will probably stay in the country after that!

Unless it goes on company expenses, of course!
The rate you get on Lloyds Amex has the 3% commission embedded. At the normal earn rate it means you are paying 1.2p per Avio, that is acceptable for some people.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
So today I wanted something from Game which doesn't take Amex. I went over to Tesco's, bought some Game gift cards with the Premier Duo, and took them to Game to pay.

Bad trend...
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thus also earning Tesco Clubcard points on your Game purchase?

Nice.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Roger
Thus also earning Tesco Clubcard points on your Game purchase?

Nice.
At 1 point per £4 of gift card I think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.