Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
^ Got my PIN in the post today
£1.5k limit. Oh well.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by smckay
The bonus might be paid by Avios but it is Lloyds that provide them with the information. They failed to tell Avios about lots of people requiring bonus points and now have a team working through a backlog!
Correct. It was this that I was trying to sort out.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
The bonus might be paid by Avios but it is Lloyds that provide them with the information. They failed to tell Avios about lots of people requiring bonus points and now have a team working through a backlog!
Biggest load of BS I ever heard.

Surely they don't need a "team" to do that!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Biggest load of BS I ever heard.

Surely they don't need a "team" to do that!
Mind you blood pressure, but Lloyds told me yesterday evening that the "team" only work between 10am and 3:30pm, or at least that's the only time they take phone calls. But I was warned that there maybe quite a wait when I ring to speak to them later today, as there is often a long queue (you don't say!). Oh and they don't have an email address.

I stand by my earlier comment. Muppets.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have gone through all the anger I can with them. Partners card came, 5x bonus applied for and first points post on spend only. That was reported in January and still no bonus points.

I have just been accepted for the 10x card as we have lots of big spend and 3 week foreign travel coming up, hopefully they have informed Avios correctly that, 1. I applied via Avios.com, 2. I applied for the 10x offer, 3. I got the points I am entitled to without harassing Lloyds every other day!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
I have gone through all the anger I can with them. Partners card came, 5x bonus applied for and first points post on spend only. That was reported in January and still no bonus points.
Don't give up! Raise a complaint!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:46 am

Programs: BA - Blue
It like a saga that never ends . I don't have a blog to rant on and no one on facebook will care so I'm coming back here! Sorry

I got verbal confirmation from Lloyds in January that as I closed my original account in 2008 and never had bonus points I could have the 10x points. The promised letter confirming this never arrived. After my March statement I got a random 10,000 points leaving me about 41000 points short.

Today after an hour on the phone to someone at Lloyds who knew nothing (again) who wanted to refer me back to the same admin team I was referred to in Jan and a nice guy at Avios they declared that I was very lucky to get any points as I wasn't eligible for the offer due to upgrading my card! It's like groundhog day.

The lady at Lloyds clearly knew nothing about the offer ("the system works the points out, its right!") and that Avios said the 10,000 bonus I got in March was correct. I think they got the two offers mixed up and they don't seem to be able to read notes left from previous calls.

So now I have to write to [email protected] to take my complaint up with them and try to get the rest of the points I feel I'm owed but at the risk they might use an obscure section of their T's and C's to claw back points.

I think I'm going to have to list all my phone calls to lloyds and find the phone call where they confirmed I should get the points.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pommyboi
It like a saga that never ends . I don't have a blog to rant on and no one on facebook will care so I'm coming back here! Sorry
We care!

I got verbal confirmation from Lloyds in January that as I closed my original account in 2008 and never had bonus points I could have the 10x points. The promised letter confirming this never arrived. After my March statement I got a random 10,000 points leaving me about 41000 points short.
Are you 100% positive that you signed up through Avios.com and not on the Lloyds website directly?

There were 2 different bonus offers depending where you signed up.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
We care!

Are you 100% positive that you signed up through Avios.com and not on the Lloyds website directly?

There were 2 different bonus offers depending where you signed up.
Yes very sure it was through Avios, as confirmed by Lloyds who investigated it for me
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:29 am
Suspended

Yes very sure it was through Avios, as confirmed by Lloyds who investigated it for me
In that case, registering a complaint with Lloyds is definitely the way forward.

You may aswell write to Avios too just for good measure.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Definitely register a complaint with Lloyds. If they don't uphold it you can take it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which will at worst charge Lloyds a £500 fee.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 8:52 am

I just want to check before I write to them, have the terms and conditions of this offer changed since November which is when I applied?

If they did, does anyone have the previous terms and conditions or know the date they changed?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:00 am

I just want to check before I write to them, have the terms and conditions of this offer changed since November which is when I applied?

If they did, does anyone have the previous terms and conditions or know the date they changed?
Not as far as I'm aware.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:10 pm

I'm having a nightmare with Lloyds. I am still waiting for bonus points from Jan onwards and must I have called them about 6 times at least! I tried to put a complaint in 10 days ago and was told they would write to me- only if a letter didn't arrive, could I put a formal complaint in! Lloyds logic! So no letter arrived and I called to put a complaint in- 'someone will call you in next day or so'. So nearly a week later and no call.

I will be calling tomorrow, but does anyone have an address for them- I feel like writing a letter!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Similar problem with 10x points offer. No bonus points have posted at all. Phoned Lloyds who know nothing about offer. Phone Avios who tell me Lloyds have said not eligible as used to have a credit card with Lloyds (not that I asked for it). Complain and told to phone Lloyds on different number. Lloyds say they can do nothing and this is an Avios promotion so omplain to their customer care team.

Luckily I took screen dump of terms and conditions. If all else fails I will issue claim through small claims court for value of miles I should have had (what BA charge to buy them). Probably will be about 100,000 miles, even with the pitiful credit limit. I expect they'll decide it's easier just to give me the miles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.