Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase BA Companion Ticket $30,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA AA and more
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
So I haven't been following the AA card developments recently, could you help me with some details or provide a link?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-up-bonus.html

just like I got two chase cards on the BA 100K deal (1 for me and 1 for the mrs)

here I got 4 cards (2 amex and 2 visa, 1 of each for me and one of each for the mrs)

If you get them together you can still earn the bonuses, and you get the 75K miles after the $4k spend in 6 months. So the level of spending is about the same as it was with the $30K in BA (we didn't, thanks god, reach $60K spending in a year) and as I mentioned before, I figued that that 300K+ miles we're going to have after we spend enough on the 4 cards is about as valuable as the 200K+voucher we have at BA.

Here we go AA for 2011...
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by lksf
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-up-bonus.html

just like I got two chase cards on the BA 100K deal (1 for me and 1 for the mrs)

here I got 4 cards (2 amex and 2 visa, 1 of each for me and one of each for the mrs)

If you get them together you can still earn the bonuses, and you get the 75K miles after the $4k spend in 6 months. So the level of spending is about the same as it was with the $30K in BA (we didn't, thanks god, reach $60K spending in a year) and as I mentioned before, I figued that that 300K+ miles we're going to have after we spend enough on the 4 cards is about as valuable as the 200K+voucher we have at BA.

Here we go AA for 2011...
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
It is a calendar year basis. No way I know of to check other than add up your spend each month from your statement and calculate from there. Others have reported that they have called and received figures.
I called and was given an exact figure. And, I am very close, so I may buy something in next day to put me over the top.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
I called and was given an exact figure. And, I am very close, so I may buy something in next day to put me over the top.
Are you sure that those purchases will post in time?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Are you sure that those purchases will post in time?
I would think purchases tomorrow will post tomorrow or by Dec 31st, or I will tell them...

I could always buy a refundable airline ticket.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
After logging on to BAEC, on the Manage My Account page, under "You Options" there will be a line titled "My e-vouchers" and that is where it will show.
I don't see a heading after logging into my BAEC account that says "you options" (your options?)
Obviously trying to find my 241 voucher after hitting 30k + on Dec 15th. Any pointers would be great in finding the little bugger!

Last edited by tattikat2; Jan 6, 2011 at 8:01 pm Reason: spelling, always speeling...
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by tattikat2
I don't see a heading after logging into my BAEC account that says "you options" (your options?)
Obviously trying to find my 241 voucher after hitting 30k + on Dec 15th. Any pointers would be great in finding the little bugger!
It's smack in the middle of the page underneath the welcome message:

Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:16 pm

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java
It may take a while to get the voucher from the point you hit the $30K (at least for me it was about a month)

Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Perhaps you are getting to the wrong page on the website. Type www.britishairways.com in the address line. That should take you (as of this evening) to a page that has a lot of ads on it- such as "Europe on Sale- Fly to Europe for $199". Click on the tab on the top right that says Executive Club. That should bring you to a page near the top of which is a yellow box with your e-voucher showing.

Mine posted 1 day after I spent $30,000. Did not have to wait for the month end statement or anything. If it's not there, maybe you ought to call Chase and verify that you did indeed spend $30,000 (excluding any credits and excluding the annual fee) before December 31st.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:34 pm

from the Terms & Conditions:

"6.When the Member has reached the Spend Target an e-voucher (“Redemption Voucher”) will automatically be added to their BA Executive Club account. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery."

The Terms & Conditions can be found at:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...2/public/en_us
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:01 pm

made $30k on dec 28th.
email from BA announcing my voucher just arrived.
logged in to baec and voila!
2 years to use this 241 voucher.
booya!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by blase
Yeah, and calling is not a very reliable way. When I called in October, they told me I had $26k in spend, but they neglected to include the $4k in returns that I had over the 10 months!!

I now keep an Excel spreadsheet and log each and every purchase... looking forward to starting it all over again in 2011!
they are evil like that.
when calling, be sure to ask for gross purchases and have them subtract all returns/refunds/credits etc. they will do that for you.
or instead of calling, email in via chase.com, you'll get the exact figure with proper returns already taken out.
no need to excel every item purchased for the year.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:11 pm

did you verify 30k via phone or email?

if you had any returns or refunds at all throughout the year, those will be subtracted from your total (obviously) but for some reason, the number that phone reps give you does not have the returns subtracted.

example:
i called chase on dec 23rd and was told I spent $30,800 and I would get the voucher.
then somewhere on flyertalk (probably this thread) someone said that you should actually email in.
so i emailed in on dec 23rd and was told i had spent $29,052.
i dont remember returning so much stuff but point is that if i had not emailed in, i would be waiting for my voucher that would I would never get.

called back in trying to verify the discrepancy, and was told that $30,800 was my gross spending and did not include any returns and $29,052 was my correct spend total.

luckily i was "able" to spend $948+ over the last few days
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Continental Gold
PNWEJL

I have been considering the BA Visa card due to the $30,000 spend companion deal. Has anyone tried to use the companion voucher yet? It seems like a great deal but only if you can actually redeem it and fly when/where you want.

Thanks for the input!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: CO/*G, DL Gold
Originally Posted by PNWEJL
I have been considering the BA Visa card due to the $30,000 spend companion deal. Has anyone tried to use the companion voucher yet? It seems like a great deal but only if you can actually redeem it and fly when/where you want.

Thanks for the input!
Redeemed for 2 First seats EWR - LHR - TLV, TLV - LHR <stopover> CW LCY - JFK, 195k miles + stupid taxes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.