Search

Chase BA Companion Ticket $30,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by pdb
I'm guessing that

(CW) SFO-LHR/LCY-ZRH (CE) was 50K *2 = 100K; and
(CE) GVA-LHR/LHR-SFO (FC) was 75K *2 = 150K
Isn't LCY-ZRH BA CityFlyer? I didn't know that counted as "BA Metal", but it's certainly good news! Thanks for being a pioneer in this matter Splittin' Aces, I'm looking forward to making a similar mixed-class, OJ journey with stopover(s) soon!
Old Aug 29, 2010, 3:58 am

Programs: UA AA and more
Originally Posted by nsr
The only thing mentioned is that you have to be a cardmember to RECEIVE the certificate but then at the end it states the following:

"Members must remain eligible for this promotion at the time of travel. BA and Chase reserve the right to withdraw any Redemption Voucher in the event that the Member is in breach of the terms of the BA/Chase Credit Card or the BA Executive Club Terms and Conditions"

which can be interpreted in different ways. I would definitely cancel my card only after making the booking, just to be safe.
Just for the booking or also until travel?
Who's to say they won't cancel the booking if I cancel the card?

Anyone had experience with canceling the card after making the booking or even before making it but after getting the voucher?
Old Aug 29, 2010, 4:47 am
nsr

Originally Posted by lksf
Just for the booking or also until travel?

Anyone had experience with canceling the card after making the booking or even before making it but after getting the voucher?
It states "at the time of travel". I should have been more specific at my post to AFTER travel not just after booking.
As I read the t&c Chase and BA are mainly trying to avoid situations of people passing the threshold, receiving the certificate and then due to refunds go below the threshold. Still, I wouldn't risk loosing the certificate even at the cost of another annual fee.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by lksf
Ba_Helper.com said they won't in post #139 in this thread.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by EricTheNerd
Isn't LCY-ZRH BA CityFlyer? I didn't know that counted as "BA Metal", but it's certainly good news! Thanks for being a pioneer in this matter Splittin' Aces, I'm looking forward to making a similar mixed-class, OJ journey with stopover(s) soon!
Hi Eric - Yes, LCY-ZRH is BA CityFlyer. I dug around on this issue a bit before going for the tickets. The voucher says "Companion vouchers cannot be redeemed for travel with BA's franchisees, code share partners or oneworld Alliance members". According to the BA website, BA CityFlyer is wholly owned subsidiary of BA - not a franchisee. So unless BA spins off CityFlyer or changes the terms of the voucher, you should be able to use the voucher on CityFlyer.

Comair out of Johannesburg and Sun-Air out of Denmark are franchisees, so according to the voucher you wouldn't be able to make connecting flights on those.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_us
Old Aug 29, 2010, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
According to the BA website, BA CityFlyer is wholly owned subsidiary of BA - not a franchisee. So unless BA spins off CityFlyer or changes the terms of the voucher, you should be able to use the voucher on CityFlyer
The Terms & Conditions also state: "Redemption Flights and Redemption Vouchers may only be used for flights on British Airways mainline service, which have a BA prefixed flight number."
Old Sep 15, 2010, 9:25 am
prh

Programs: AA Platinum Plus; One World Emerald
Am I safe in assuming the Companion ticket doesn't work on Open Skies?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA Platinum, Amex Platinum, SPG Amex
Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
The voucher says "Companion vouchers cannot be redeemed for travel with BA's franchisees, code share partners or oneworld Alliance members". According to the BA website, BA CityFlyer is wholly owned subsidiary of BA - not a franchisee. So unless BA spins off CityFlyer or changes the terms of the voucher, you should be able to use the voucher on CityFlyer.
You can. I just booked a LAX-LHR-AMS return for four people using two Chase 241 vouchers. The LAX-LHR is in F and the AMS flights are in CE from LCY on CityFlyer.

...Way too many acronyms needed when discussing aviation....
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, BA Exec
AA Miles w/ Chase Companion Voucher

Considering the new AA/BA miles rules, can one use AA miles with the Chase Visa $30,000.00 spent companion voucher?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by specs
Considering the new AA/BA miles rules, can one use AA miles with the Chase Visa $30,000.00 spent companion voucher?
No
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:17 pm

Reference?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Reference?
The T&C's ref BA miles not AA ones.

Don't get your hopes up
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Reference?
It's in numerous places: repeated several times here on this board, it's in the T&C's when you go to BA.com and click on the link to the Chase BA credit card, it's in the materials which came with the credit card. It's VERY specific: "Travel on franchise, codeshare or alliance airlines is not permitted" (from the BA website).
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:27 pm

See your point. Basis for my question was email from AA that says "(Y)our miles can be redeemed on ALL (emphasis in original) flights on AA, BA and Iberia." Additionally, often my hopes are the only thing I can get up.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
See your point. Basis for my question was email from AA that says "(Y)our miles can be redeemed on ALL (emphasis in original) flights on AA, BA and Iberia." Additionally, often my hopes are the only thing I can get up.
That may be true (providing award seats are available), but the Chase BA companion ticket offer is for use with BA miles, not AA miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.