Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase BA Companion Ticket $30,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:27 pm

Can household account miles be used if you don't enough miles in your individual account?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
I'm wondering what would be the best possible use for my certificate flying from LAX. I would like to go as far as possible in first class. I have 150,000 miles in my BA account.

I look forward to all of your suggestions.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 4:51 pm

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_us

This is a link to the Terms and Conditions.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
It looks like no one has ever answered the question as to whether open-jaws are allowed- ex. SFO-LHR-CDG, return MUC-LHR-SFO.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by erichris
Can household account miles be used if you don't enough miles in your individual account?
Definitely!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
I'm wondering what would be the best possible use for my certificate flying from LAX. I would like to go as far as possible in first class. I have 150,000 miles in my BA account.

I look forward to all of your suggestions.
As I understand the T&Cs for this voucher, 150k plus the voucher would only get you and your partner from LAX to LHR in F. Sure you could go onward to another Band 1 city in CE, but I think that's you done.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:14 pm

With the Companion Voucher, 150,000 miles will get you two F seats from LAX to any BA city in Europe Zone 1 (Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom).
Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:07 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Di, AA Plat, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by littlemookie
I'm probably going to end up about 5k short of 30k spend for the free companion ticket. My question is how much would you value the free companion ticket. I would be flying from New York to Tel Aviv with coach one way and first one way. I'm prepared to find ways to spend the last 5k but was wondering how other FT'ers would value the companion ticket for this itinerary. With BA's large fuel surcharges and being forced to use BA metal for the route I was valuing the companion ticket as 300-400 dollars. I'm not the person who would ever spend the money on first and would prob. fly coach and spend the savings on the trip itself.@:-)

I know that every time these valuation questions arise, the response goes along the lines of "Whatever you value it as". I'm looking for other ppl's valuation. I already gave my own but am afraid that a RT BA first ticket might be worth a bit more.
Ok I'll bite. I didn't get the second one I was waiting for in time to redeem for my MCO-LGW, LHR-IAH this coming week. Because I did get the first one back in April, I could get my first 2 tix at the 2-4-1 rate but not the second two. So I was out another 125k BA points (Club to LGW, F to IAH) @ let's call it 1.5c/point. I'd say the cert would have saved me $1875 in point value. There would have been a time when I would have valued my BA points at 2c, but with fuel surcharges, etc., I think 1.5c is more realistic today.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:06 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by KPhill
Hi North Shore and thanks for the helpful message.

Apologies in advance for being pedantic but I am trying to book a 2-4-1 flight departing 14 July.

Was 11 May your statement closing date or the date your spending actually hit $30k?

Thanks
Sorry for my tardiness there. My statement date from when I hit 30k was May 21st. So...hit 30k on 11 May, CC Statement on 21 May, and Certificate posted on 18 June.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
With the Companion Voucher, 150,000 miles will get you two F seats from LAX to any BA city in Europe Zone 1 (Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom).
Except there is no F product to any of those places, is there? So onward travel would be in CE.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by northshorepa
As a personal example, I surpassed 30k on 11 May and the certificate posted on 18 June. If you want to know for sure about your spending, you'll just have to get the calculator out to separate '09 and '10 spending.
Chase confirmed that I reached $30K spend threshold on my June statement (June 10) - and still not seeing the certificate in my account. I am trying to be patient but have been waiting to book a reward trip for next Spring and checking my account daily.

Any advice on who to ask about status of certificate?
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by jtrain73
Chase confirmed that I reached $30K spend threshold on my June statement (June 10) - and still not seeing the certificate in my account. I am trying to be patient but have been waiting to book a reward trip for next Spring and checking my account daily.

Any advice on who to ask about status of certificate?
Update: My certifcate posted this afternoon! Thanks BA and Chase!
Old Aug 11, 2010, 7:31 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi all,

In case you were not aware, British Airways began processing companion redemption vouchers earlier this year for those cardmembers who have spent $30K or more on their card. Starting this month, cardmembers will start receiving notification of the voucher awards.

In the meantime, we suggest that anyone who has met the $30K threshold in either 2009 or 2010 to check their BA Executive Club account. You may be surprised (and delighted) to find and use your companion redemption voucher immediately.

The voucher allows cardmembers redeeming BA Miles for a British Airways flight in any cabin class to receive a complimentary flight for a companion in the same class. The companion redemption voucher is valid for two years.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Hi all,

In case you were not aware, British Airways began processing companion redemption vouchers earlier this year for those cardmembers who have spent $30K or more on their card. Starting this month, cardmembers will start receiving notification of the voucher awards.

In the meantime, we suggest that anyone who has met the $30K threshold in either 2009 or 2010 to check their BA Executive Club account. You may be surprised (and delighted) to find and use your companion redemption voucher immediately.

The voucher allows cardmembers redeeming BA Miles for a British Airways flight in any cabin class to receive a complimentary flight for a companion in the same class. The companion redemption voucher is valid for two years.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Dilly-

Thanks for your helpful post.

A few questions have been asked about the vouchers, and perhaps you can help with answers.

1. The vouchers are good for 2 years from the date of issue. Do the vouchers remain valid and usable for 2 years even if the BAEC member no longer has the Visa card used to earn the voucher? Put another way, do you have to keep the Visa account open or do the vouchers, once earned and credited in the BAEC account, stand on their own?

2. Can the vouchers be used for a second seat on any valid BA award, provided the entire trip is on BA metal? For example, could the trip involve stopover and/or open jaw arrangements permitted by the BA award rules, or do the trips have to be vanilla round-trip booking?

It is great to have someone on FT that can help on the vouchers-thanks again.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader

2. Can the vouchers be used for a second seat on any valid BA award, provided the entire trip is on BA metal? For example, could the trip involve stopover and/or open jaw arrangements permitted by the BA award rules, or do the trips have to be vanilla round-trip booking?
I can answer part of the second part - stopovers are allowed. I'm stopping over for a week in London before traveling on to Paris.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.