Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase BA Companion Ticket $30,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
My question is, where in your BA account should you be able to find the certificate once it's posted?

Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
My question is, where in your BA account should you be able to find the certificate once it's posted?

Thanks!
It is posted very prominently at the top center of the BAEC page after you log on.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by nologic
It is posted very prominently at the top center of the BAEC page after you log on.
Ok thanks!

Must be that means that I don't have my credited yet. haha
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:59 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Dilly-

Thanks for your helpful post.

A few questions have been asked about the vouchers, and perhaps you can help with answers.

1. The vouchers are good for 2 years from the date of issue. Do the vouchers remain valid and usable for 2 years even if the BAEC member no longer has the Visa card used to earn the voucher? Put another way, do you have to keep the Visa account open or do the vouchers, once earned and credited in the BAEC account, stand on their own?

2. Can the vouchers be used for a second seat on any valid BA award, provided the entire trip is on BA metal? For example, could the trip involve stopover and/or open jaw arrangements permitted by the BA award rules, or do the trips have to be vanilla round-trip booking?

It is great to have someone on FT that can help on the vouchers-thanks again.

Hi Mountain Trader,

1. The vouchers are attached to your Exec Club membership and provided you are an active member of our BA program, we would not remove them if you are no longer a BA Visa cardholder.

2. As mwalsh has confirmed, stopovers and open-jaw bookings are permitted.

Enjoy your voucher and let us know where you decide to go.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Hi Mountain Trader,

1. The vouchers are attached to your Exec Club membership and provided you are an active member of our BA program, we would not remove them if you are no longer a BA Visa cardholder.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Hi Dilly-

Thanks very much for your reply.

So I guess any valid BA award (on BA metal) can get a second seat using the voucher, right?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:50 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi Dilly-

Thanks very much for your reply.

So I guess any valid BA award (on BA metal) can get a second seat using the voucher, right?
Yes, as long as it's a valid standard redemption booking on BA metal, using the voucher should be fine.

If you have a specific itinerary in mind, please feel free to post (or PM me) and I can confirm.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Aug 12, 2010, 6:57 pm
prh

Programs: AA Platinum Plus; One World Emerald
I hit $30,000 around July 25th and the Chase miles that officially put me over posted today. Based on earlier posts, it sounds like I should see the Certificate by early September. Does that sound about right?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Hi Mountain Trader,

Kind regards,

Dilly
What about #17 in the T&C for the companion voucher ...

17.Members must remain eligible for this promotion at the time of travel. BA and Chase reserve the right to withdraw any Redemption Voucher in the event that the Member is in breach of the terms of the BA/Chase Credit Card or the BA Executive Club Terms and Conditions.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by PatMike
What about #17 in the T&C for the companion voucher ...

17.Members must remain eligible for this promotion at the time of travel. BA and Chase reserve the right to withdraw any Redemption Voucher in the event that the Member is in breach of the terms of the BA/Chase Credit Card or the BA Executive Club Terms and Conditions.
What I don't understand about the people wondering if the 2-4-1 voucher will be taken back, is exactly what you quoted and underlined from the T&C....

What is it that you think will put you in the category that "breached the terms of the BA/Chase Credit Card"???

IMO, it is extremely clear that as long as you haven't breached the terms (which DON'T include a requirement to keep the card), you won't have your voucher removed.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 3:14 pm

IMO, it is extremely clear that as long as you haven't breached the terms (which DON'T include a requirement to keep the card), you won't have your voucher removed.
How about the part of the Terms & Conditions that declare: "The Redemption Voucher allows the main BA/Chase account holder, when making a return flight booking using BA Miles, to book another seat on the exact same journey ..."

The phrase "the main BA/Chase account holder" would seem to imply (if not actually declare) that you actually have a Chase account at the time of redemption. That seems extremely clear.

Or this statement from the Terms & Conditions: "Members must remain eligible for this promotion at the time of travel." If you don't have a Chase card account, you are no longer "eligible for this promotion," right?

That also seems extremely clear.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
How about the part of the Terms & Conditions that declare: "The Redemption Voucher allows the main BA/Chase account holder, when making a return flight booking using BA Miles, to book another seat on the exact same journey ..."

The phrase "the main BA/Chase account holder" would seem to imply (if not actually declare) that you actually have a Chase account at the time of redemption. That seems extremely clear.

Or this statement from the Terms & Conditions: "Members must remain eligible for this promotion at the time of travel." If you don't have a Chase card account, you are no longer "eligible for this promotion," right?

That also seems extremely clear.
This has all been debated in prior posts, including by me. The T&C langauge is not clear but BA.com Helper has now provided info on how BA views this. I plan to rely on his helpful clarification, and others might consider doing the same.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 5:38 pm

This has all been debated in prior posts, including by me. The T&C langauge is not clear but BA.com Helper has now provided info on how BA views this. I plan to rely on his helpful clarification, and others might consider doing the same.
Each person needs to weigh the risk of forfeiting the voucher, versus paying the annual fee. To me, the value of the voucher far exceeds the annual fee. Your mileage may vary.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 7:13 am

I disagree... that is clear as mud... not "extremely clear".

First, they use the term "the main BA/Chase account holder" interchangeably and doesn't always mean that you have to actually be a current card holder.

And your comment on the "eligibility" is completely your opinion, but NOWHERE does it say that you need to be a current card holder to be eligible to use your already earned certificate. That line that you quoted is referring to earning the certificate, not using it... big difference.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 8:20 am

I looked at the T & Cs in detail in post #47 here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post14414138

I concluded that post indicating that I felt pretty confident that canceling the card after the voucher is posted to a BAEC account but before booking or travel would likely be ok.

I also invited others' thoughts, and-what do you know-here's a BA rep confirming the same thing a few days later.

Others can do what they want, but that's enough for me.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 4:11 pm

That line that you quoted is referring to earning the certificate, not using it... big difference.
Not quite. The first line I quoted refers to redeeming the voucher, not the initial earning of the voucher:
"The Redemption Voucher allows the main BA/Chase account holder, when making a return flight booking using BA Miles, to book another seat on the exact same journey ..."

The second line I quoted refers to the time of actual travel, not earning the certificate:

"Members must remain eligible for this promotion at the time of travel."

Both quotes refer to using the certificate, not earning it. Neither sentence refers to earning the certificate. Yes, that is a big difference.

Folks are free to cancel their cards, based on the advice on this forum. My only point is that the Terms & Conditions are not back-and-white on this point, and the risks are not insignificant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.