Wiki Posts
Search

Chase BA Companion Ticket $30,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Executive Gold, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by chungw
Me too! ^

Interesting when you select the redeem URL it has 'redemption_type=AMEX' appended to it.

Maybe I can start using my BA Chase Visa card where they accept AMEX now
me three! - looks like chase and ba finally got their act together today!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 4:36 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi all,

As promised, I wanted to let you know that the BA Visa Signature companion redemption vouchers have begun posting to Executive Club accounts. Although this benefit only became available in November 2009, we will reward those loyal BA Visa Signature card holders that spent $30K between January and December 2009 as a token of our appreciation and thanks. Those cardholders who qualified from 2009 spend are beginning to receive their online vouchers.

Use your BA Visa Signature card for all your spending in 2010 and qualify for the companion redemption voucher as soon as you spend $30k this year. Enjoy.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Mar 8, 2010, 5:05 pm
nsr

Originally Posted by ba.com helper
...and qualify for the companion redemption voucher as soon as you spend $30k this year. Enjoy.

Kind regards,

Dilly
You mean 6-18 weeks, right?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by nsr
Looks very easy to use. In the award booking engine, you can select the "BA Chase Voucher for a companion" (you can even choose which certificate to use if you have more than one). If 2 awards are available you can book it, and the last page will show total of miles needed + total of cash needed (taxes,fees etc) + BA Chase voucher.
What kind of award booking can you put together/segments and what about stopovers? (usually I have to call to book my award tickets because of the stopovers, open-jaw and/or segment piecing). I'm almost at $30K for this year and wanted to get an idea of what one can do online for planning purposes (unless anyone has experience calling today and being able to book over the phone when the T&Cs say online booking only?)
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Hi all,

As promised, I wanted to let you know that the BA Visa Signature companion redemption vouchers have begun posting to Executive Club accounts. Although this benefit only became available in November 2009, we will reward those loyal BA Visa Signature card holders that spent $30K between January and December 2009 as a token of our appreciation and thanks. Those cardholders who qualified from 2009 spend are beginning to receive their online vouchers.

Use your BA Visa Signature card for all your spending in 2010 and qualify for the companion redemption voucher as soon as you spend $30k this year. Enjoy.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Thank you for keeping us informed about this, Dilly. I was surprised but happy to discover that 'old' card holders were going to get a voucher based on last year's spend.

Mr Hilfly may stop complaining about my shopping habit now!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
As promised, I wanted to let you know that the BA Visa Signature companion redemption vouchers have begun posting to Executive Club accounts.
Is there a way to see these online? If so, where does one look?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 12:57 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Is there a way to see these online? If so, where does one look?
Yes. You can see your voucher(s) as soon as you log into your exec club account - link is here

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by honey4life12
What kind of award booking can you put together/segments and what about stopovers? (usually I have to call to book my award tickets because of the stopovers, open-jaw and/or segment piecing). I'm almost at $30K for this year and wanted to get an idea of what one can do online for planning purposes (unless anyone has experience calling today and being able to book over the phone when the T&Cs say online booking only?)
As you'll see when you play with the award booking tool, you will have the option to put in stopovers. IIRC, and again, as you'll see when you look at the tool, open-jaw cannot be booked online.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Got ours too! ^ Didn't get any notification of it yet though, which I suppose is a good thing....perhaps gives us a chance to get at the inventory before the unwashed masses. As for me, I won't be able to book anything until I get a chance to sit down with Mrs. Walsh this weekend and go over some dates.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
After reading all 5 pages on this thread, I would like to clear up the following:

1) the cert is valid for 24 months after issuance
2) You can use the cert even if you an award ticket on BA metal. So, if I book ONE award ticket thru miles, then I can get the second ticket via this voucher provided there is space availabe.

Of course, paying all the taxes and fees associated.

Pls clarify.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:15 am
nsr

Originally Posted by anaggie
2) You can use the cert even if you an award ticket on BA metal.
This voucher is to be used ONLY when booking an award ticket.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by nsr
Got it !!

I think I understand your "read between the lines" thought here.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by nsr

As a further clarification, because (with due respect) I don't think this statement quite covers it:

This voucher is to be used only IN CONJUNCTION WITH booking an award ticket, for a companion award ticket.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:16 pm

Did anyone receive their certificate for 2010 spending yet?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: WN,DL,BA
Originally Posted by flymaster
Did anyone receive their certificate for 2010 spending yet?

received both of my companion vouchers, statements closed early Feb 2010 ^ ^, that was easy part, hard part is trying to figure out how to burn 425k BA miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.