Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 3:20 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by KVS
Actually, it looks like LX is 'playing' with availability, based on the POS/M&M account country (http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Factors).
What is amazing is that the answer I've received is :

"F+" only (but the type I've choosen was "all")

Your answer (and IMH's one) is under the form :
"FS- CS- YS+ YR-"
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
It seems people haven't quite twigged this yet - award inventory is now market based. LH announced this. BD didn't - but we know this is the case on DC inventory also. Seats may be available on a particular service, but availability might be visible in one market, but not another.

The above few posts illustrate this perfectly.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 9:46 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
It seems people haven't quite twigged this yet - award inventory is now market based.
We've known for a little while, in a general way, that this has been implemented. But I for one still haven't got my head round the details. I'd be very interested to work at finding out more (by means of a separate thread if our mods think that would make more sense).

What determines the relevant market, and to what extent can I influence it? What role is played by my residential address, BD's UK base, the country from which I want to start my trip...? When searching in advance of calling the ICC, how relevant (and how potentially misleading) are (1) my choice of search tool and method, (2) the IP address I log in from, (3) any country and language selections I make when logging in, (4) other factors?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: Ba gold,honours diamond,spg Platinum,Marriott Platium
lhr to phx

newby looking for 2 seats to phx in c on 24-26th march ?
i can see flights to lax with nz am i able to add an internal from lax to phx
Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:22 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alexb1212
i can see flights to lax with nz
Excellent -- they're not always easy to find. Don't wait longer than you have to before booking them.

Originally Posted by alexb1212
am i able to add an internal from lax to phx
Shouldn't be a problem. You'll be in economy, but it's only a short hop.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Can someone confirm that OZ blackout dates for this winter are 24-31DEC or 27-31DEC and that no award can be booked in that period?

Anybody I could speak to for 1 [even eco] seat?

Last edited by jms_uk; Oct 26, 2010 at 5:24 pm
Old Oct 26, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
I am contemplating a trip to India (Zone 10) from Europe (Zone 1). WHat is the best way to maximize redemption? Interested in C cabin or higher. Thanks!

Other questions:
Are award redemptions in First (non LH) 2 x E or 2.5 x E. I am just not sure on this. The website seems to say that ALL redemptions in First post May 2009 is 2.5 x E. Is this correct?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:36 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
Other questions:
Are award redemptions in First (non LH) 2 x E or 2.5 x E. I am just not sure on this. The website seems to say that ALL redemptions in First post May 2009 is 2.5 x E. Is this correct?
Yes, 2.5xE.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
It seems people haven't quite twigged this yet - award inventory is now market based. LH announced this. BD didn't - but we know this is the case on DC inventory also. Seats may be available on a particular service, but availability might be visible in one market, but not another.

The above few posts illustrate this perfectly.
I have an example today that might be illustrative of this (or it just could be they have crappy systems).

Background is I have an existing redemption for which I need to change the first sector. Like any good schoolboy I did my homework and when checking the KVS Tool it showed me that there was availability to do this.

Yesterday I phoned BD and gave them the existing booking references before asking for availability on the flight I wanted. They said there was no availability when I wanted to travel, but there was in the evening, despite KVS saying there was. They wouldn't listen any further and told me to check back after 15 November as LH might release some more seats...

This morning I called them again but this time I didn't give them the existing booking reference but instead went through it as though it was a new redemption. The result was there is availability when I wanted as per KVS. However after telling them I only wanted to change the first sector on an existing booking after they loaded in my existing booking all availability disappeared as per yesterday. After discussing this with them at length and being on hold for 10 minutes they accepted there was a problem with the booking engine and they're now looking into it with LH directly.

Has anyone any tips on this or past experience?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
I hope that you were talking to PTS about this. If you left it with the ICC don't expect it to get any further
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
I hope that you were talking to PTS about this. If you left it with the ICC don't expect it to get any further
Good suggestion Tiger_lily, how do I get hold of PTS?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:34 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
01332 854000 and ask for Pre Travel Support
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
01332 854000 and ask for Pre Travel Support
^ Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by mattk
^ Thanks!
Looks like it's all sorted, just waiting for the call back to confirm. They can't explain the workings of the system and why some flights show and others don't. Thanks for the jog on PTS.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by mattk
Looks like it's all sorted, just waiting for the call back to confirm. They can't explain the workings of the system and why some flights show and others don't. Thanks for the jog on PTS.
Not sorted is now the answer! As the flights are linked/married through to a final destination it's impossible for them to change the first leg. Don't understand it but looks like I'll have to live with it unless anyone else has any ideas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.