Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2008, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Please can someone with a M&M account or an expert flyer account help me with searching for usual availability on a couple of LX flights ~300 days out so that I can get a feel for usual redemption availability on these flights?

If you have the time, I would greatly appreciate availability Sat-Tues on the following flights:

LX 41 LAX-ZRH
LX 15 JFK-ZRH
LX 17 JFK-ZRH

I am trying to get 2x F seats from LAX and 2 from NYC for early Jan 2010. A little worried about any upcoming changes to BMI DC so I want to get on the ball early on this one.

Also, can LX be booked 360 days blind, like LH can?

Many thanks!

P.S> I promise this will be the last redemption/newbie post for a while as my account will be dry for another year
Old Dec 31, 2008, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Tried to check for you on Expertflyer but can only search up to 356 days out.
Sorry...
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Sorry...
That's OK.. if I could trouble you to search say.. 240 days out? If LX is like LH they have a set number of seats on each flight.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:00 am

The first Saturday I see on EF is Oct 24th 2009. LX15 and LX17 both have 2 seats in First on each flight (O-class). The following Sun, Mon have the same. Tues 2 F seats on LX15 but only 1 on LX15.

Going one week back, only LX15 has availability, 2 F seats Sat, Sun. Mon, Tue both flights have 2 seats.

Skipping to Oct 10th both flights have 2 seats for all days Sat-Tue.

For LAX-ZRH I am not getting any hits on LX non-stop flight.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:25 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by clubman
Sorry...
Also, LX do not usually release F award seats until about 300 days out.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks clubman, view & redshift27!

Originally Posted by redshift27
Also, LX do not usually release F award seats until about 300 days out.
Ok, so I guess my best bet would be to book returns in J on LH and then 'upgrade' later (i.e. cancel and rebook, if availability and Lufty don't scupper those plans)?

Last edited by GoldCircle; Jan 2, 2009 at 8:33 am Reason: Adjustment of terminaology
Old Jan 1, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
Hi folks,

Sorry to hijack the thread, did not want to open another one. Could someone be so kind and check LX availability in First, from BKK-LHR via Zurich, on or around the 20th of Nov 2009?

Many thanks
Old Jan 1, 2009, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Too early, see earlier post.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 9:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by arpiuk
Sorry to hijack the thread, did not want to open another one
New for 2009. ^

Inspired by arpiuk, the mods thought it a good idea to have a single thread to post all those miscellaneous "I am wanting to make a diamond club redemption but I need some help checking DC award inventory for...." questions, so here it is.

Oxon Flyer
bmi mod team
Old Jan 3, 2009, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Help with redemption - flights to SA

Hi
I am trying to use miles to travel to SA and back in March this year. Spent ages on ANA and came up with 2 outbound seats on 12th March from Frankfurt in Business Class (MAN to FRA to CPT) and 2 return seats on 30th March from JNB to FRA to MAN (First Class).

Phoned ICC. Nice lady told me it was showing as a wait list for outbound - I asked her to check which sector and she said both. Would that be correct if ANA was showing 2 seats available? I don't mind buying the MAN to FRA leg as all cash if I need to. Also, I don't really understand what "wait listed" means - when I asked, lady in ICC told me it means that I should ring again in a week to see if there have been any cancellations or more seats released. Not sure if this means that my name is down as waiting for a seat, or whether it is just a free for all and matter of timing?

Finally, she said she had F seats from JNB - ZUR - MAN with Swiss on the return leg. This is fine (although First seats were showing as available on LH via ANA tool) but obv. I can't book them in case the outbound seats don't become free.

Now I have a headache - 3 hours of messing around on the web and I'm still not booked, LOL! Apologies for the combination of abbreviations and full text in my post but I'm not that familiar with the jargon!

Anyway - my question is: Do I phone back tomorrow and challenge on outbound availability, or do I wait a week to see if anything has changed?
Experienced user help would be appreciated. I have read somewhere that ANA is generally very reliable but wanted to check...
Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by rosieh
Hi
I am trying to use miles to travel to SA and back in March this year. Spent ages on ANA and came up with 2 outbound seats on 12th March from Frankfurt in Business Class (MAN to FRA to CPT) and 2 return seats on 30th March from JNB to FRA to MAN (First Class). ...
Phone back tomorrow, get a different agent, try again. Specifically check the availability on LH576 FRA-CPT first, i.e. don't even mention MAN until later in the conversation! It is visible on ANA, it should be bookable. If the agent can see the availability then add on the connection from MAN.

If no luck try a third or fourth time over the day. If still no luck, then LH must specifically be limiting award availability to DC members.

Last edited by redshift27; Jan 3, 2009 at 4:29 pm
Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by redshift27
Phone back tomorrow, get a different agent, try again. Specifically check the availability on LH576 FRA-CPT first, i.e. don't even mention MAN until later in the conversation! It is visible on ANA, it should be bookable. If the agent can see the availability then add on the connection from MAN.

If no luck try a third or fourth time over the day. If still no luck, then LH must specifically be limiting award availability to DC members.
Thank you for the advice, I'll try that tomorrow!

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jan 3, 2009 at 6:07 pm
Old Jan 4, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looking at making an award booking and wondering how the points will shake out. The outbound (one-way) will be a hop from Zone 2 on a *A partner to LHR, then BD to Zone 2. ANA shows both economy and business availability on both flights. I think that as BDG I get business for the economy price on the BD flight, but not on the partner flight. Can I then book it for 6000 plus 3750 (connection in Z1), with a seat in the back on the hop and a free upgrade to the front on the BD flight?

The return is unfortunately more complicated. There is both economy and business availability on the BD flight back to London, but on the hop back home to Zone 2 on the *A partner there is only business availability. Will I have to book it as a business award (9000 + 5625) and forego the free upgrade on BD, or will it be 6000 + 5625, or none of the above, or what?

Thanks in advance.

cheers,

Henry
Old Jan 6, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), UA Silver (*A Silver), VS
ZRH-LAX

Would anyone with access to EF be able to check redemption availability for me on LX flights from LCY/LHR-ZRH (C) and then ZRH-LAX (F) and back in the first two weeks of Feb?

Many thanks
Old Jan 6, 2009, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Artrocker
Would anyone with access to EF be able to check redemption availability for me on LX flights from LCY/LHR-ZRH (C) and then ZRH-LAX (F) and back in the first two weeks of Feb?

Many thanks
ZRH-LAX in F:

1 seat on each of 3 and 5 Feb
2 seats on 6 Feb

There are plenty of options for LCY/LHR-ZRH connections.

No availability in F on LAX-ZRH in that period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.