Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by raikje
Any idea which is more reliable from the DC redeption point of view?
EF is more reliable especially for LX.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: BD diamond club, LH Miles & More, CX Asia Miles
I'd like to redeem cash plus miles preferably on NZ business class (or economy):
LHR-HKG (19 thru 22 October)
HKG-LHR (6 thru 11 November)

Could anyone with EF or ANA kindly check availability on these dates for me? Thank you.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:10 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by lallyr
EF is more reliable especially for LX.
That's what I hoped, I've just never used ANA for LX since it started appearing on there.

Originally Posted by chinnie
I'd like to redeem cash plus miles preferably on NZ business class (or economy):
LHR-HKG (19 thru 22 October)
HKG-LHR (6 thru 11 November)
EF shows no NZ availability in either class on the way out for those dates. Y availability on 9th and 11th Nov coming back.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: BD diamond club, LH Miles & More, CX Asia Miles
Thank you very much for your help, raikje
Old Oct 7, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: M&M, BMI
VIE-LAS

Hi!

I am searching for 2 days now availability from VIE-LAS without a chance.

Date : 31.12.10 (-2 days).

I have no problem with 2 stops as long it stays the same day.

Booking class is economy.

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Chrisi1321
Hi!

Thanks in advance
VIE FRA Dec30 OS121orLH1247 C
FRA YUL Dec30 AC875 C
overnight in YUL
YUL LAS Dec31 AC575 Y or lots of one-stop availability on UA
Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Chrisi1321
Hi!

Thanks in advance
VIE FRA Dec30 OS121orLH1247
FRA YUL Dec30 AC875
overnight in YUL
YUL LAS Dec31 AC575 Y or lots of one-stop availability on UA
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: USAir Silver Preferred; Platinum Ambassador
1st or Business for IAD --> South Africa

This is my first post on this super-useful website, so apologies in advance if my lingo isn't right...

I am hoping to book 2 first class or business class tickets from IAD to Cape Town on Sept. 5 or 6, 2011 (if Cape Town is unavailable, then JNB). We will be returning on Sept. 20 from JNB to IAD, which as I understand it, may be too far in advance for reward tickets. We have miles on USAir, and would like to fly either SwissAir or South African Airways. The USAir representative was unable to find us first or business class rewards tickets on Sept. 6; can anyone with more knowledge than me see if there are 1st and/or business tickets available on 9/5/11 or 9/6/11?

Thank you all so much!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DC fylerette
This is my first post on this super-useful website, so apologies in advance if my lingo isn't right...

I am hoping to book 2 first class or business class tickets from IAD to Cape Town on Sept. 5 or 6, 2011 (if Cape Town is unavailable, then JNB). We will be returning on Sept. 20 from JNB to IAD, which as I understand it, may be too far in advance for reward tickets. We have miles on USAir, and would like to fly either SwissAir or South African Airways. The USAir representative was unable to find us first or business class rewards tickets on Sept. 6; can anyone with more knowledge than me see if there are 1st and/or business tickets available on 9/5/11 or 9/6/11?

Thank you all so much!
Negative, nothing for SA leaving from IAD or JFK on 5 & 6 September. LX does not fly from IAD (UA has no availability on its IAD-ZRH flight either), and the flight from ZRH only goes to JNB, so you'll have to make a couple of connections if you want to take LX. that being said, there is also no availability in C or F on the ZRH-JNB flight on 5 & 6 SEP. Sorry, keep trying though!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, KLM Ivory, TK Classic Plus, Car Hrtz PC, AVIS Pref, Hotel HH Dia, ICPC Gold, Marriot Gold
4 (yes four) return flights to TPA or MCO from EDI or GLA

Hi, I'd like to book four adult return flights to TPA or MCO from EDI or GLA anytime between 25th June 2010 - 18th July 2010. Length between 14 days and 21 days - stopover would be ok in either Boston, Chicago or Phillie for 2-4 days on outbound or inbound or both - ideally no more than 2 connections between US and EDI or GLA. Economy or business class are fine as I have enough miles for both.

I've had numerous calls with the BMI CC and so far have come up with nothing acceptable. They did come up with one routing which involved Business class between EDI - LHR for both legs but this meant having to "pay" for the whole trip as business - which was expensive in miles and taxes.

Any pointers or advice greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:01 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
BBB,

Lufty is your friend. Use the direct EDI-FRA/DUS flights, then pick up TATLs there to/from ORD or BOS. That gets you across the pond with one connection, and also means that you only have two flights before/after the stopover.

Plugging a few trial dates in miles-and-more, there's plenty of TATL availability, certainly in J, for 4 pax - fr'instance out 30 June LH432 FRA-ORD then back 18 July on LH437 ORD-DUS, or LH423 BOS-FRA. Reasonable connections for EDI-FRA-EDI (well, a four hour wait on the inbound). Then you just need to throw yourself on the mercy of the ICC for the internals, on CO/UA/US, which should be okay.

Actually, just remembered the problem with Lufty married segments. All these flights are showing up okay on M&M separately, but the ICC may not be able to tie them together. But should be worth a punt - just talk them through each stage, starting with the TATL and then adding on connx at each end. Let me know if you want me to look at specific dates/routes on M&M... I've seen bmi award availability match M&M.

Good luck !
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, KLM Ivory, TK Classic Plus, Car Hrtz PC, AVIS Pref, Hotel HH Dia, ICPC Gold, Marriot Gold
Thanks Stewie Mac - I'll give it a go this weekend, appreciate the advice
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:56 am

Programs: BMI Blue, CX Gold
Hi,

I'm looking for 2 tickets to KTM from EDI via BKK in F.

Can leave from 6th Nov 2010 and need to be back by 28th Nov 2010. Would like 3 nights in BKK outbound, 3-4 nights in KTM and then 10 or so nights in BKK on the way back.

Would like to go via zone 2 (only direct zone 2 flights from EDI are ARN or CPH) to save on APD and miles, but happy to go via any other zone 1 if that's the only way to get F.

Been looking on ANA for departures around the 6th-10th, but struggling to come up with much. It looks like there may be 1 ticket from ZRH, but not sure if I booked that whether another would open up! Tried to use AwardNexus as well, but don't think I've quite got the hang of it yet as most of my searches didn't return anything...

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:47 pm

Phuket to London in C

Need help with this.

HKT to London need to leave the lates posible on the 6th of January and arrive in London by 8am the latest on the 8th of January. In C

I am flexible with stops and routing. I have been checking for 4 days on ANA now to no avail...

Thanks for your help

Last edited by eagle21; Oct 23, 2010 at 1:30 pm
Old Oct 23, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
There are seats on the TK65 on 6th Jan BKK-IST - leaves at lunchtime though. You should easily get a cheapo HKT-BKK if you can't find any award seats on that leg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.