Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Booked a redemption from LAX-FRA-DUS and was charged 170GBP in taxes. ITA says that these should be 123.8GBP

LH YQ surcharge (YQ) £107.60
US International Departure Tax (US) £10.20
US September 11th Security Fee (AY) £3.20
US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) £2.80

Any ideas where the extra 46 odd has come from? I can't figure it out.

Also when does US Air release award seats. Looks like they have nothing whatsoever open for May next year to Europe in Biz.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by G_G
You could organize your travel with two one way awards :

1) EDI-XXX-XXX-HKG

then a Cebu Pacific Air flight HKG-MNL (http://www.cebupacificair.com/)

2) MNL-XXX-XXX-EDI

you can add a stopover at each of your award (SIN or BKK for example)
Well not sure on the posters time restrictions but if you already fly HKG-MNL then I would consider buying a RT (on Cebu or if desired CX) and going back to HKG to pick up a Z8-Z1 HKG-XXX-XXX-EDI instead of a Z7-Z1 as it will save quite some miles. Just a thought.

Last edited by demue; Dec 15, 2010 at 9:27 pm
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:55 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by demue
Well not sure on the posters time restrictions but if you already fly HKG-MNL then I would consider buying a RT (on Cebu or if desired CX) and going back to HKG to pick up a Z8-Z1 HKG-XXX-XXX-EDI instead of a Z7-Z1 as it will save quite some miles. Just a thought.
yes, you're right but if you fly CX it will be more expensive than the few miles you'll save.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 3:07 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by G_G
yes, you're right but if you fly CX it will be more expensive than the few miles you'll save.
True, only 7.5K miles difference one-way in C for all miles and 3.75K miles for c+m if I got that right.

I was still somehow thinking Z8 - Z2 versus Z7 - Z2 which would be a big difference but EDI is Z1 so never mind.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:24 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Am searching ANA for SIN-MLE return flights in May and August in Y or C, but am only able to find availability for 1 person. When I search for 2 there is no availability. Does SQ only release 1 seat at a time? Any tips appreciated.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by cardesigner2000
Am searching ANA for SIN-MLE return flights in May and August in Y or C, but am only able to find availability for 1 person. When I search for 2 there is no availability. Does SQ only release 1 seat at a time? Any tips appreciated.
Try snagging the 1 seat and then see if the system releases a second one. Often that is the only way to get a second seat.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I posted this under a new thread then realised it should be here!

I wish to use miles and cash to book 2 single tickets from IAH to LHR, in November 2011. I am within the allowed time-frame, but so far my ANA search only shows economy tickets.

Are business tickets usually available and if so, approx when?

If not, which alternative routing could I use, which could be to LGW?

Maybe I'd have more chance of seats in J, if I flew via a Euro hub?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
I am doing the same route in July, and could only get a direct Biz redemption 1 way, so the other way I am going Air Canada via Montreal (there were other options via Toronto too). It only takes a couple of hours longer than the direct flight.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:57 am

I just tried to book the LH J tickets and they say there is no availability at all, which is a bit of bad luck as there was this morning!

2 hours later and we are booked - very strange!

Last edited by botham; Dec 22, 2010 at 1:00 pm Reason: Update
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by botham
I just tried to book the LH J tickets and they say there is no availability at all, which is a bit of bad luck as there was this morning!

2 hours later and we are booked - very strange!
Welcome ot the ICC agent lottery where we like to play the game "who can see & book that award seat". It can be a fun game but also can be very frustrating
Old Dec 23, 2010, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by demue
Welcome ot the ICC agent lottery where we like to play the game "who can see & book that award seat". It can be a fun game but also can be very frustrating
Yes, I've read may tales of woe on here, hence my repeated calls. I find the best way to get a decent agent is to press option 2 when getting through and then not pressing either option, as if I'm unsure which to press. I quickly get through to a knowledgeable agent.

Anyway, I've saved my BA miles for use with the AMEX voucher and only made a small dent in my DC miles, so a successful saga!
Old Dec 23, 2010, 5:57 am

Programs: BMI Silver, BA Blue
I posted this under a new thread then realised it should be here!

I wish to use miles and cash to book 2 single tickets from IAH to LHR, in November 2011. I am within the allowed time-frame, but so far my ANA search only shows economy tickets.

Are business tickets usually available and if so, approx when?

If not, which alternative routing could I use, which could be to LGW?

Maybe I'd have more chance of seats in J, if I flew via a Euro hub?

I got Business for a LHR- IAH in early April. My (unscientific) observations on CO based on trying to research a trip in April compared to October next year, is that they do seem to have good availability in next 6 months, but beyond that is not so good.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Raggets
I got Business for a LHR- IAH in early April. My (unscientific) observations on CO based on trying to research a trip in April compared to October next year, is that they do seem to have good availability in next 6 months, but beyond that is not so good.
If 2 seats in business come available nearer departure, is it possible to exchange our LH flights for those on CO, or is there a big penalty?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 6:48 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
If 2 seats in business come available nearer departure, is it possible to exchange our LH flights for those on CO, or is there a big penalty?
£20 per person plus any difference in taxes
Old Dec 23, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Was looking for LX flights today, which were showing just a few minutes ago, now KVS (and the ANA site) are showing that one cannot view flight availability within 7 days of the flight - is there a workaround for this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.