Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2010, 8:48 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Was looking for LX flights today, which were showing just a few minutes ago, now KVS (and the ANA site) are showing that one cannot view flight availability within 7 days of the flight - is there a workaround for this?
You can still view award availability via the KVS Tool, if you use the correct POS setting for flights within 7 days of departure, e.g.:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.0.3/Diamond - SNT: Awards/StarAlliance/JP-ANA-SP1]
Code:
NYC  New York Metro NY US = JFK LGA
ZRH  Zurich CH [LSZH]
FRI  24 Dec 2010 | 1 Seat

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------
LX         17      JFK   18:05     ZRH   08:05 +1  333  0   FS+  CS-  YS-
LX         15      JFK   21:00     ZRH   10:45 +1  333  0   FS+  CS+  YS-
Old Dec 23, 2010, 8:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
And you can still view award availability within 7 days on ANA too.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Really lost
I am trying to get award HKG-ZRH on LX F for March 7 or 8. EF shows 2 seats on both dates. ANA shows one seat on March 7. I am trying to get that seat. But I have called DC three times in the past week, and the answer is always that they do not see it available in their system.
Is there any hope?
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:40 am

I'm strugling here guys, time to hold up my hands and ask for help.

I'm looking to go somewhere early august. For approx 10-11 nights. The g/f doesn't like too many aircraft changes.

I've been looking to ultimately get from MAN-SJD and back. Would prefer however to leave from outside of the UK to avoid high APD.

I've hunted, through FRA, ZRH etc, etc and come up with very little, i've manage this measly amount.
SJD-EWR 15Aug and EWR-MAN 16Aug

I'm at a loss, any help appreciated. I'm even thinking of giving up on the US and heading east instead.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Originally Posted by dannyrado
I've hunted, through FRA, ZRH etc, etc and come up with very little, i've manage this measly amount.
SJD-EWR 15Aug and EWR-MAN 16Aug

I'm at a loss, any help appreciated. I'm even thinking of giving up on the US and heading east instead.
Try closer to home for your departure point and you can get a bit closer to SJD on your first leg. You'll also find it cheaper to buy a one-way flight if you are coming back to MAN. Remember US, UA, 9W and AC don't only fly to *A hubs.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: BD *S, PC Plat, BW Gold, SPG
Hi guys, I would really appreciate any help if possible to see if there is availability. I am looking to do FRA-ICN-HKG-ICN-FRA out on 4th Feb '11 and back on 8th Feb '11 with OZ in First for one pax. I am willing to look at alternative dates after those if necessary, basically the criteria is out on a Friday and back on the following Tuesday. Any assistance in checking availability is greatly appreciated. Regards, Andy
Old Jan 2, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Originally Posted by Interflug_DDR
Hi guys, I would really appreciate any help if possible to see if there is availability. I am looking to do FRA-ICN-HKG-ICN-FRA out on 4th Feb '11 and back on 8th Feb '11 with OZ in First for one pax. I am willing to look at alternative dates after those if necessary, basically the criteria is out on a Friday and back on the following Tuesday. Any assistance in checking availability is greatly appreciated. Regards, Andy
Nothing available on OZ. Nothing obvious at all outward in First on a simple search.

There are various Business options outward that involve either a connection via MUC or via LHR. You might think MUC is more obvious except there is no direct Business redemption from FRA. LHR is fewer flights but its on Virgin so lots of miles. If you don't mind an extra hop to DUS, HAJ etc. in order to do Business or are prepared to do FRA-MUC in Economy then MUC is best.

Coming back there is a direct flight to FRA in First but as its LH its extra miles (and in my view not worth it). There are also a couple of Business options via ZRH on LX.

Last edited by lhr baby; Jan 2, 2011 at 6:07 pm
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by lhr baby
Nothing available on OZ. Nothing obvious at all outward in First on a simple search.

There are various Business options outward that involve either a connection via MUC or via LHR. You might think MUC is more obvious except there is no direct Business redemption from FRA. LHR is fewer flights but its on Virgin so lots of miles. If you don't mind an extra hop to DUS, HAJ etc. in order to do Business or are prepared to do FRA-MUC in Economy then MUC is best.

Coming back there is a direct flight to FRA in First but as its LH its extra miles (and in my view not worth it). There are also a couple of Business options via ZRH on LX.
Thanks for checking availability lhr. Really wanted to try OZ in F but may opt for the LX option. Is there availability in business or F with LX for ZRH-HKG-ZRH and if no F is it worth a shot of booking business and hoping for F to open up closer to departure? Again, I appreciate your assistance on this one, cheers.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 1:56 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm trying to look for TG flights in early Nov 2011 (NRT-BKK-SIN) but looks like TG award inventory not loaded yet as I can only pull up TG flights in ANA till Oct 28 or 29.

Anyone has similar experience or is it just me? Will try Awardnexus next. Cheers
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by demue
I'm trying to look for TG flights in early Nov 2011 (NRT-BKK-SIN) but looks like TG award inventory not loaded yet as I can only pull up TG flights in ANA till Oct 28 or 29.

Anyone has similar experience or is it just me? Will try Awardnexus next. Cheers
I had that once before. Call DC as they can see the award availability of TG that ANA can't for dates so far out.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: Ba gold,honours diamond,spg Platinum,Marriott Platium
lhr to mco

looking for a C business flight to mco from uk any date from 19th to 23 sept
Old Jan 4, 2011, 2:54 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alexb1212
looking for a C business flight to mco from uk any date from 19th to 23 sept
Partial answer: no C availability on LH's FRA-MCO service on those dates.

It's probably not the easiest time of year to find awards to Florida's holiday capital. Maybe look at getting to MIA? A one-way Y ticket from MIA to MCO will set you back around 120 USD and there is plenty of availability on LX64 from ZRH-MIA on 19 or 23 September (and enough options to get you from LON to ZRH).
Old Jan 4, 2011, 3:09 pm

Is there any availability for IST-HKG-IST on TK in C out on 1st April and back on 5th April?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Nothing outbound

[KVS Availability Tool 6.0.2/Platinum - SNT: Awards/StarAlliance/JP-ANA-SP1]
Code:
HKG  Hong Kong Intl HK [VHHH]
IST  Istanbul Ataturk TR [LTBA]
TUE  05 Apr 2011 | 2 Seats

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------
TK         71      HKG   23:05     IST   05:25 +1  77W  0   FS+  CS+  YS+
Old Jan 4, 2011, 3:22 pm

Thanks for checking Tiger. How about out on 2nd April and back on 6th April?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.