Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by fletch14
Here is a rate code that has no young renters fee. X400270 This also gives you the normal up to 30% off each rental. The more people the that we can get to rent with this the more we can negotiate. Any questions let me know. There is also no ID required for this rate as well.
could you possibly provide more information on this code? I have never used a discount code when hiring a car before and am very wary of wether they will work. I am also aware that this thread is from almost 2 years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: US Airways, Avis, British Airways
Originally Posted by MartinElk
I've been keeping track of these Avis Discount Codes in an Excel spreadsheet since the first post, so here's a list of all the ones I copied from the various posts.

It's nice to be able to give back this information for everyone!

AWD # Name / System:
A076600 Compuserve Travel Forum
A108300 Unknown
A108303 Costco ***Good Rate***
A108325 Costco ***Good Rate***
A108335 Costco ***Good Rate***
A113400 State of FL employee rate-->EXCELLENT RATE!!
A153700 Avis Employee Discount Rate
A359800 Unknown
A733315 Priority Pass
B021615 Walmart
B116099 Cheap Premium Car rate at LAX
B254700 Savers Clubs of America
B335100 Unknown
B449700 Unknown, Supposedly a great rate-Yes!!!!
B790000 Entertainment
B868700 Unknown, Supposedly a great rate
B900000 Generic AAA code
B935221 Sam's Club
B973000 Gusto Card
B999000 Unknown
D002807 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***Expired***
D005297 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***NEW***
D005620 Unknown
D086533 Marshall School of Business of USC **Good Rate**
D086689 American Association of Engineers-35% Discount?
D331000 Unknown
J098440 Canon Communications
J868801 Unknown-As good as D002807?
K020500 America West FlightFund
K163324 Florida Space Coast Golf Association, AAU Rate
K197800 Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
K250544 Underage Discount Rate
K305600 Unknown
K305800 Unknown
K306000 Marco Polo
K501300 Unknown-Better than D002807? Not so far!
K666403 Unknown
K747902 Unknown
K774100 Avis Online Discount
K817100 American Airlines AAdvantage
K817421 Unknown
K817600 Delta Air Lines SkyMiles
K817700 Unknown
K851000 Hilton HHonors
K860600 Starwood Preferred Guest-Great for Hawaii
L093590 Kellwood ***Max $3K Liablity***Good Rate***
L149332 Optimum Club?-Good Discount in STL
L237904 “for the best discount”? Yes, in some places
P400000 Tourism Association ***Good Rate***
T844211 Unknown
Z284372 Cheaper than Costco Rate?
How often is this updated? It was originally posted in 2004. If regularly updated, can the person updating it post the date of the last update at the top? By chance, is there a newer list I'm overlooking?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:45 pm

Can't get any code AWD or coupons to work in FL, tried dozens of times and none work saying not available at this location or dates, but I tried other locations and made up a bunch of fake trips with random dates and said the same thing.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:59 am

Does anybody know if Costco AWD: A108303 or Q177800 is compatible with bonus airline miles coupon codes such as MUAA004?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 6:34 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by svasandani
Does anybody know if Costco AWD: A108303 or Q177800 is compatible with bonus airline miles coupon codes such as MUAA004?
Try making a reservation and see. It should error-out if it doesn't work.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:27 am

It does not give any errors. That was precisely the problem I encountered as I had been booking with an AWD code that would clearly say in the confirmation email that i would get the bonus miles but none of the miles would post to my airline account. I don't want to keep renting from Avis if my coupon will not be honored as I have already lost thousands of miles and would atleast get some other benefits from Hertz in the meantime until i am sure i will get the miles.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:00 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by DesertChildAZ
How often is this updated? It was originally posted in 2004. If regularly updated, can the person updating it post the date of the last update at the top? By chance, is there a newer list I'm overlooking?
How does one go through so many codes to figure out which one gives the best rate.. seems exhausting..!!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I just used this:

Save up to 35% worldwide and earn 300 miles per day, plus 150 bonus miles per rental when you book with Avis on united.com. Premier® members earn an extra 50 award miles per day.

Be sure to include your MileagePlus number, United discount code AWD K019370 and coupon code MUAA073 when making your reservation on united.com.

With the $10 off coupon for two days to score an awesome rate one way rate at LAX
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
So I just got Avis Chairman's; I used to get very good rates with most of the AWDs I've used to, but I found since getting this my rates have doubled if not tripled.

The only code that I find that brings my rate back down to what it was before is B999000 which I have not figured out is for Chairman's or what. I called Avis and they told me it's for something called "National Renter's Club" is something to that.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
How does one go through so many codes to figure out which one gives the best rate.. seems exhausting..!!
I find it best to just go through a handful and see what's best on those. Sure, if I tried 200 on every rental, I might save a few bucks, but my time is more valuable than that. For my locations/days, I've found the best recurrent success with one of the following: Costco, HHonors, AAA, United, my employer and another one or two. So I just try these, as I'm qualified for them all, and see what's best.

Originally Posted by alphaod
So I just got Avis Chairman's; I used to get very good rates with most of the AWDs I've used to, but I found since getting this my rates have doubled if not tripled.

The only code that I find that brings my rate back down to what it was before is B999000 which I have not figured out is for Chairman's or what. I called Avis and they told me it's for something called "National Renter's Club" is something to that.
That's odd. To be clear: Your rates are going up 2-3x for the same location/time period?

If so:
When you go to make a booking, is there an AWD auto-populated? Has that changed since you became CHM? If this has changed, might be best to call Avis and remove that AWD from your profile.

PS - Did you get this from the Daily Getaway thing that was for sale last week?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD

that B999000 has been in my record since the beginning of time. (okay, I've actually removed it since I often use autoslash to lower the rate, and have a code locked in to my AWD and First account breaks some of the coupon process with AS), but regardless, this was a high level corporate code years ago, and i don't THINK has anything to do with Avis Chairmans, since I never was.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
That's odd. To be clear: Your rates are going up 2-3x for the same location/time period?

If so:
When you go to make a booking, is there an AWD auto-populated? Has that changed since you became CHM? If this has changed, might be best to call Avis and remove that AWD from your profile.

PS - Did you get this from the Daily Getaway thing that was for sale last week?
Yeah exact same time, periods, and location. I log out and for example an intermediate is $45 per day. However if I log in and use the same AWD, the rate will be $120. The only AWD that gives me the $45 again is the B999000 AWD.

And I do plan to call them when the preferred office hours are open.

PS: Yes

EDIT: Great, now I my rates are locked low, but I'm stuck with this K444413 AWD that limits me to 100 miles a day. So confusing.

Last edited by alphaod; Jun 18, 2014 at 12:28 am
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:56 am

Yeah exact same time, periods, and location. I log out and for example an intermediate is $45 per day. However if I log in and use the same AWD, the rate will be $120. The only AWD that gives me the $45 again is the B999000 AWD.

And I do plan to call them when the preferred office hours are open.

PS: Yes

EDIT: Great, now I my rates are locked low, but I'm stuck with this K444413 AWD that limits me to 100 miles a day. So confusing.
Very odd. One more thing to try: on page 2 of making a reservation (where you see the car classes), on the drop-down page up top, see if selecting "This AWD - xxxxxxx" instead of "Lowest Rates" makes a difference. I've seen that forcing an AWD sometimes is lower than their "lowest rates" for some reason. I'd call them to see what they have to say, but the agent will most likely be baffled.

But then again... maybe this is how Avis justifies "selling" CHM status for a year: by upcharging you on every rental :-:
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I find it best to just go through a handful and see what's best on those. Sure, if I tried 200 on every rental, I might save a few bucks, but my time is more valuable than that. For my locations/days, I've found the best recurrent success with one of the following: Costco, HHonors, AAA, United, my employer and another one or two. So I just try these, as I'm qualified for them all, and see what's best.
Just make your reservation with the best code you can find easily and then submit it to autoslash.com. If they can find a better rate they will notify you. In my experience, they often do!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:25 pm

Does anyone have a rate code for UNLIMITED MILES on a one-way rental?

I have a valid AWD at a great rate but because the pick-up and drop-off locations are different, I'm getting charged 0.26 cents per mile which adds up to a lot given the distance I'll be covering. I know about the HK code but that's only valid when the pick-up and drop-off locations are consistent. If anyone has a code for one-way unlimited milage, or at least a preferred per-mile rate (that beats the 0.26 cent standard) I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance... fingers crossed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.