Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Hi all, I'm looking for a code for an August one-way rental in Canada from Moncton (city), NB to Sydney (city), NS. The rack rate appears to be about $645 for this 7-day rental. I have put in a request at Autoslash, but nothing back yet.

I was caught out at Avis last time I rented a car from them in Cardiff, Wales--apparently I had an Avis employee code (which I got from this board but didn't know it was for Avis employees!). They gave me some sort of discount rather than the walk-up rate, but it was a lot more than I thought I'd be paying. I hope I don't get ID'd again.
Old May 9, 2014, 3:12 pm

Traveling to Cyprus

I am traveling to Cyrus in Oct 2014. I have tried several codes and have come up with nothing. I prefer National but am willing to rent from Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, etc. if anyone can suggest a code that will work there.

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2014, 10:15 am

code C280613?

Does anyone have any experience with this code- C280613. Used it to get a great one way rate on an SUV (Aug.: fort Lauderdale to tampa for 6 days). I have scoured forums and internet and cannot find affiliation for this rate. someone posted a possible sam's Club rate- can't confirm
ANY ideas??? I don't want to use if I am not entitled to it...but would love the great rate

THANK YOU
Old May 12, 2014, 4:08 pm

Hi everyone, just stumbled across / joined the forum after all the Avis codes on mousesavers seemed to stop working for me! I'm looking for a 3 day hire in the UK and getting a great discount with the CitiGroup A074800 code but am concerned it will be denied at pickup... any tips on other codes that could work or are people pretty comfortable they use it and usually don't get asked for ID? Thanks!
Old May 19, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Hamtown
Hi everyone, just stumbled across / joined the forum after all the Avis codes on mousesavers seemed to stop working for me! I'm looking for a 3 day hire in the UK and getting a great discount with the CitiGroup A074800 code but am concerned it will be denied at pickup... any tips on other codes that could work or are people pretty comfortable they use it and usually don't get asked for ID? Thanks!
It helps if you have a CITI credit card.

At the same time, the only one time I used that code, I took my work badge (its a picture badge with no company info). When they were pulling up my reservation they kinda looked at me funny, and I told them I had my work badge, and they didn't even respond. They told me like 2 seconds later that everything was good to go and my stall number.
Old May 19, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by Hamtown
I use that code all across the US with no problem. It actually shows up as the Citigroup Leisure/Travel Dept. Been using it for over 2 years at least 40 rentals per year
Old May 27, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying blue, IHG, Wyndam
I wanna Rent a car at EWR (pick up and drop off) this summer is there anybody here who has a code that works?
Old May 27, 2014, 5:36 pm

I want to rent a car in Singapore, any good AWD that will work
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:05 am

Response?

Originally Posted by h8stn4d
There have been some references on FT to a couple of excellent Avis rates:

P786700 - New South Whales Government rate
P682402 - Queensland Government rate - Australia

I haven't seen any posting about experiences with these rates for many years now.

Has anyone used them successfully (or unsuccessfully) recently? The rate is more than half off any other rate I've used.

If I do use these AWDs, any additional red flags making the reservation a US resident?

Thanks!
Did you use this yet in OZ? Hoping to use the Queensland code as I am looking to book in late August and it gives a great rate out of Cairns.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus, Sixt Gold, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by adjutor
I always use the State of Florida code, because I am actually a state of FL employee. I have never been asked for ID before, until this past weekend, where I was asked twice (at DEN, and MCO) So beware out there folks!
I'm so glad to ran across your reply. In fact, I am planning to have an one-way rental from Key West to Atlanta. Most of the codes will return a same rate, except for the State of Florida governmental code. That code will waive the underage, as well as providing unlimited mileage privilege.

Do you think there would be any issues while checking-in? For instance, ask me to prove that I am a FL employee, etc.

Tons of thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:18 am

Smile Please help! Lax one week rental

HELLO !

I RECENTLY GOT MARRIED AND AS OUR HONYEMOON WERE TAKING A SHORT ROADTRIP WITH MY WIFE NEXT WEEK. WERE LOOKING TO RENT THE BEST CAR POSSIBLE AT THE BEST VALUE. PLEASE HELP US:

WE NEED A GOOD (AS FANCY AS AFFORDABLE CAN GET) CAR FOR JUNE 12 PICKUP LAX AIRPORT AND DROPOFF JUNE 18 LAS VEGAS AIPORT.

WE HAVE BOTH AVIS PREFERRED AND HERTZ GOLD (COMPLIMENTARY OF AMEX PLATINUM). WERE BOTH UNDER 25 SO WE NEED A GOOD CORP CODE/DISCOUNT THAT CAN GIVE US A GOOD CAR AND HELP WAIVE THE UNDERAGE ISSUE

SO FAR I TRIED A MERYLL LYNCH CORP CODE I FOUND AND AN EXTRA 30 USD OFF I GOT BY EMAIL OFFER. RATE FOR A "FULL SIZE"(FOR FUSION OR SIMILAR) CAR IS AROUND 390 ( IT SAYS UNDERAGE CHARGES APPLY BUT IT DOES NOT LIST HOW MUCH...SO IT MIGHT BE TRICKY)

PLEASE ANY IDEAS, ANY CODES,? HELP, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GIVE MY WIFE A NICE EXPERIENCE AND A NICE CAR WILL BE AN ESSENTIAL TOOL!

THANK YOU!!!:
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by igal
HELLO !...
Was this written on a TYPEWRITER? We cannot read what you write.

Check discount codes in this thread and forum as well on the Hertz forum. What's the best rate you have so far?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:56 am

Lol sorry just after posting in realized i wrote all in caps.

So far ( if the rate actually works) is around 400 with a mertll lynch corp discount and a $30off coupon. - rate for a "full size" car .

If i use the meryll lynch corp code will i be asked to prove im part of the company? How can i if im not? Thanks

Last edited by igal; Jun 6, 2014 at 11:06 am
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Yes, there's always a possibility for them to ask for a company badge.

Do you have a AAA, AARP, Costco or similar membership? I just went to Hertz and plugged in your date and it comes out to $117 + $65 taxes for a full size pre-paid AAA rate. This is before adding any dollar-off coupons. I even priced $241 for a full size at Avis without plugging in any AWD/Coupons, or $276 when plugging in age=23.

Try inputting different company/organization code and also use the ones listed under "deals" on Avis/Hertz. Remember that rental prices usually gets lower the closer you come to your rental, so do a new search a couple of days before you arrive.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:01 pm

Awd z048005

Does anyone know what company the AWD code Z048005 belong to? I saw it on retailmenot and got an amazing deal ($200 off 12-passenger van rental), but got too scared to use it in case they ask for ID.

Need a 12-15 person Van for a bachelor party in the NYC area from June 27th -June 29th. So far I have a reservation with Avis totaling $671. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.