Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:25 pm

Avis Code for Minivan rental w/unlimited miles

Looking to rent a minivan from JXN airport on 6/6/14 at approx. 2 pm and return on 6/14/14 at 1 pm. The best deal that I have found so far with unlimited miles is $475.62. Is there a better deal out there. Everything that I have found so far that is cheaper than that has limited miles.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:35 am

BWI to Richmond

Hey Guys,
I stumbled across this site looking for some Avis discount codes, and I must say this is amazing what you are doing here!!!!!

We're taking a trip and going to my mom's on 4/2/14 and returning on 4/7/14.

Flying in to BWI from DTW, and driving the rest of the way. We usually rent a car, and in the past using Southwest get a pretty decent rate. I typically do a one way drop from BWI to Richmond mainly because I don't need the car while we're there.

I can't get my rate under 170/one way trip. Any help would be appreciated!
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:48 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by hckyfreek
Hey Guys,
I stumbled across this site looking for some Avis discount codes, and I must say this is amazing what you are doing here!!!!!

We're taking a trip and going to my mom's on 4/2/14 and returning on 4/7/14.

Flying in to BWI from DTW, and driving the rest of the way. We usually rent a car, and in the past using Southwest get a pretty decent rate. I typically do a one way drop from BWI to Richmond mainly because I don't need the car while we're there.

I can't get my rate under 170/one way trip. Any help would be appreciated!
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Hopefully you find us useful and hang around a while. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us.

Your post is a bit confusing.
1. Are you looking for 4/2-4/7, or just 4/2-4/3 because you don't need a car while there?
2. Are you looking for BWI-BWI or BWI-RIC?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Hopefully you find us useful and hang around a while. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us.

Your post is a bit confusing.
1. Are you looking for 4/2-4/7, or just 4/2-4/3 because you don't need a car while there?
2. Are you looking for BWI-BWI or BWI-RIC?
Thanks for the welcome!

Sorry for the confusion;

A car from BWI to the Richmond, VA area(doesn't have to be RIC) on 4/2/14 to be dropped off the same day.

A return car from the Richmond area to BWI on 4/7/14 to be dropped the same day.

It's cheaper to fly to BWI and drive to Richmond where she lives than fly directly to RIC. We don't need the car while we are there.

Thanks IAHTraveler
Old Mar 23, 2014, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
This code is for Citigroup employees traveling on leisure, so you could certainly be asked if you work for the company. In some cases they may even ask for proof. It doesn't always happen, but if you do get challenged and cannot prove your eligibility for a particular discount code, then you may end up paying the walk-up rate which is far higher than anything you can book on-line with a "safer" discount code. If you need help getting a good deal on this rental with a discount code you don't need to sweat over, feel free to PM us.
Stellar code!!! A074800
Old Mar 24, 2014, 1:25 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by UPPowers
Stellar code!!! A074800
I have used the code for years. I suppose I must have got it from Citibank NY, as I have an account there, but I don't actually have clear recall on this front. I am not an employee of the bank. I can't recall ever having been asked for id, but I do carry various Citibank products I could show. For the past year I have been using the following procedure: I make a reservation for the best rate I can find with my collections of AVIS discount codes for exactly the type of car I want. I then submit it to Autoslash tracking. They virtually always find a better rate for the same car, although perhaps with a different company. My loyalty to AVIS has wound down over the years because, in my view, they really don't have a worthwhile loyalty program. I am now prepared to accept any major rental company. Just as an aside, I am also beginning to lean in the same direction toward abandoning my preferred hotel and airline loyalty programs.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Stellar code!!! A074800
True that! This code just kicked the butt out of my corporate code. I got a rental at SEA for 11 days for only $253!!! For a Full Size!.

I'm not a CITI Bank Employee, but I do have a Signature Gold Card from CITI Costa Rica.

Awesome.

BTW, this also waives the under age driver fee. I plan on having an open reservation @ Alamo just in case.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Redwood839
True that! This code just kicked the butt out of my corporate code. I got a rental at SEA for 11 days for only $253!!! For a Full Size!.
Whaaa? For when? I am going to SEA in two weeks and the lowest I could get was over $300 for 7 days.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Stellar code!!! A074800
I just tried this and it gives a rate with 0 mileage and .35/mile out of PHX. Is this typical?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:11 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Yes, except for certain city pairs, one-ways get a per mile charge with the code.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by mittencuh
Whaaa? For when? I am going to SEA in two weeks and the lowest I could get was over $300 for 7 days.
May 31st to June 10th

$256

Used this and the free upgrade coupon, otherwise It would have been $220 with the MUSA291 coupon.

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
I just tried this and it gives a rate with 0 mileage and .35/mile out of PHX. Is this typical?
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Yes, except for certain city pairs, one-ways get a per mile charge with the code.
Huh? I got Unlimited Miles.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Thanks cblaisd--it is for a one way rental so that probably is what triggered it. Could work OK anyway if I drop at other end after 1 day and rent a full next week in TUS.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 6:26 pm
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
I'm attending a wedding in North Carolina (airport CLT) in April and we're kinda the "backup vehicle" for transporting the bride and groom should their scheduled limo fall through. Therefore, we'd like to get a "bit more fun car" while we're there -- preferably a Mustang (but NOT a convertible). Doing some looking around, it looks like Avis and Budget offer Mustang Coupes at the CLT location. So, I'm trying to find the best deal on that. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great! Here's the info:

We don't fly in until late Thursday (April 10th) and we're spending the night in an airport hotel. So, my plan was to get the car Friday morning sometime (around 9am). We fly out Monday (April 14th) evening at 6pm. So, I need the car from Friday at 9am or so to Monday at 4pm or so.

What is odd is that, sometimes, Avis shows me the Mustang Coupes at that location -- and sometimes it doesn't. If I don't do any code at all right now, it doesn't even SHOW me the Specialty Mustangs as an option. It shows a full size for $250 pre-pay ($345 total).

Tried the A074800 (Citibank) code and did much better. The full size dropped to $146 pre-pay ($211 total). Add in the MUGA290 $15 off weekend coupon and it drops to $191 total. That code also shows me the Mustang Coupes though -- at $335 pre-pay ($454 total). So, more than DOUBLE to go to the Mustang.

Tried the A108396 code (found it on RetailMeNot) and it was worse for full-size, but better for the Mustang. Using it with the UUWA055 coupon, the Mustang is $291 pre-pay ($398 total). So, $50 cheaper than the Citibank code, but still double the price of the full size.

So, I'm open to ideas to try. Someone suggested that I might just book the Full Size and then, when I get to the counter, ask about getting a Mustang Coupe if they have one available. Maybe that is my best bet, and, worst case, the bride rides "in style" in the back of an Impala?

- John...
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:04 pm
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
Also, just to make sure I understand the process, can I book using "pay now" to get the best rate and then cancel later (even at the counter) and not get charged?

Basically, I hear about people booking here and then watching for other deals (such as by using AutoSlash or something). Does that only apply if you do the "pay at counter" method? Or can I go ahead and book a full size now using something like the A074800 code and a coupon to at least make sure I have something booked -- and then keep looking for a deal for a Mustang, for example? If I do that, do I need to cancel the other reservation or will it just automatically be canceled with no charge if I never pick it up?

Also, can I book TWO reservations at the same place? So, let's say I have a common BCD code that I know is "safe" -- but I'd also like to try the Citibank code. Can I book two reservations at the same place, show up, try to do the Citibank reservation and, if by a fluke they want me to prove that I'm an employee or something (rare, I admit, but "just in case"), can I then just say "ok, fine, then I'll take this other reservation" (which I had booked using a BCD code that is public for everyone but not as good of a rate).

Just to avoid being stuck at the walk-in rate, of course.

Please fill me in on how that works. (For Avis and Budget if you happen to know -- since Budget is my only other reasonable alternative right now.)

Thanks!

- John...
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:19 pm

I am traveling to LAX for a week (8/17-8/23) and I'm looking for the best rate I can get on a rental car. I qualify for the Cornell University rate, but I'm trying to see if there is something better out there. I also have access to a coupon for I think $15 off a weekly rental.

Summary for this trip is:
8/17-8/23
Full-size to mini-van sized car

My friend is also traveling to LAX for a month and i'm trying to find him the best deal as well. I've never rented a car for more than a week, so have no idea what is out there deal-wise for a monthly rental. Can you give some guidance?

8/1-8/31
Mid-size car to smaller SUV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.