Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2012, 9:23 am

Talking If you want the best deal on a nice rental vehicle....

I came across this thread and decided to share a tip I was given. If you want to drive one of the 'more expensive' or nicer rental vehicles (Premium,Luxury,Sports cars, large/nice SUV's, vans), make your reservation for the least expensive vehicle you can find and when you get to the rental counter tell them what you really want to drive. You will get a MUCH BETTER deal upgrading into your nicer/larger vehicles than trying to reserve them. I've done this countless times, and it's by far better than any discount code will give you to reserve that class of vehicle.

Example: I reserved a subcompact several months ago for $19/day and told the Avis rep that I wanted to know if he could give me a nice deal on one of their Camaro Convertibles. He got it to me for $75/day, as opposed to the $165/day that was the cheapest quote I could get to try and reserve one.

A friend of mine is a musician and rents a vehicle for a week at a time to haul his equipment. He does the same thing and gets the minivan that he wants for under $40/day as opposed to $70-$100/day, saving him anywhere from $200-$400 on every rental after all of the taxes, etc.

I've done the same thing when I've needed a larger vehicle (Tahoe, Suburban, Minivan) for the room. I've also told numerous co-workers and friends/family members who have done the same. The biggest key to really getting what you want at a very nice deal this way is to BE NICE TO THE RENTAL AGENT!!! As the old saying goes, 'You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar'. ^

I should add that I only rent through Avis and so does the individual that gave me this advice, but I would think that all of the rental companies would work the same way...
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:04 pm

What organization or group does A6966000 belong to? It automatically defaulted on my reservation screen, so I assumed it was ok to use. Haven't been able to find any information online though.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 5:23 pm

opps wrong post sorry.

Last edited by davecc; Apr 22, 2012 at 5:25 pm Reason: error
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Keesagility1954
Use code MUGA015 this will give you $35.00 off even from neighbourhood locations.
Note: This coupon requires reserving a standard class vehicle or higher to work. MUWA130 gives $35 off for car classes below standard size
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by zachary
Does anyone know if this is an electronic coupon or a paper one that I have to present at the counter?
It's the latest coupon I add to my weekly reservations. It's been applied by preferred counter agents on-site as well as while booking online. Never once asked for any documentation of any kind.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:09 am

Underage Driver Waiver; San Juan, PR

I am a 23 y/o graduate student and I will be visiting Puerto Rico next month for a week to conduct research on my thesis. I am trying to make my stipend go as far as possible and was wondering if anybody knew any AWDs that would waive the under 25 surcharge since this is one of the largest fees. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
AVIS.com now has a prepaid car rental program with 30% off rates. I have checked the prepay rates against the rate codes and so far the prepaid rates are better for my LGA 3 day rental later this week. Has anyone else tried this? There is a link on the avis.com home page. So many people dont pick up rentals, so they want a way to know who is actually taking a car.

Rob
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
Originally Posted by robertw477
AVIS.com now has a prepaid car rental program with 30% off rates. I have checked the prepay rates against the rate codes and so far the prepaid rates are better for my LGA 3 day rental later this week. Has anyone else tried this? There is a link on the avis.com home page. So many people dont pick up rentals, so they want a way to know who is actually taking a car.

Rob
I've used the pre-paid rates before. As long as you know that you will be travelling its a good deal.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
1-Way AZ to CA/NV $10/day includes FREE TANK OF GAS!

It's that time of year again: Hertz has $5/day one ways and Alamo has $10 one ways from AZ to CA/NV, but Avis has done one step better: Get a free tank of gas! PHX to LA can be done on a single tank, so Avis ends up $50 cheaper than others since you don't have to refill.

Note the SUV is available for $15-- and again, without paying for gas, the deal is even sweeter.

https://www.avis.com/car-rental/deal...a-US_en-030415
Old Apr 25, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Free Florida Double Upgrade Coupon (Valid thru 6/30/2012)

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/deals...e-US_en-032410

Originally Posted by Avis.com
Renting in Florida? Make a weekend, weekly or monthly rental and receive a two-car-class upgrade on any Intermediate or Standard car through June 30, 2012.

Please reference Coupon # UUWA008 when making your rental. The actual coupon will be available for printing on the confirmation page and email. This coupon must be presented at the time of rental.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • Coupon valid for a one time, two car group upgrade on an intermediate (group C) through a standard 2/4 door (group D) car.
  • Maximum upgrade to premium (group G).
  • Offer valid on weekend, weekly and monthly rates only.
  • Coupon must be surrendered at time of rental; one coupon per rental.
  • Coupon valid at participating Avis locations in Florida.
  • A 24 hour advance reservation is required.
  • The upgraded car is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times.
  • For reservations made on Avis.com, upgrade will be applied at time of rental.
  • Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements.
  • Minimum age may vary by location.
  • An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
  • Fuel charges are extra.
  • Rental must begin by 6/30/12.

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Apr 25, 2012 at 5:38 pm Reason: Added the quote box.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:39 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Good deal, thanks for posting this. I added the quote for the text from Avis.com. I'm also going to move this to the Avis Discount Thread.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:19 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Originally Posted by TheCarGuy
I came across this thread and decided to share a tip I was given. If you want to drive one of the 'more expensive' or nicer rental vehicles (Premium,Luxury,Sports cars, large/nice SUV's, vans), make your reservation for the least expensive vehicle you can find and when you get to the rental counter tell them what you really want to drive. You will get a MUCH BETTER deal upgrading into your nicer/larger vehicles than trying to reserve them. I've done this countless times, and it's by far better than any discount code will give you to reserve that class of vehicle.

Example: I reserved a subcompact several months ago for $19/day and told the Avis rep that I wanted to know if he could give me a nice deal on one of their Camaro Convertibles. He got it to me for $75/day, as opposed to the $165/day that was the cheapest quote I could get to try and reserve one.

A friend of mine is a musician and rents a vehicle for a week at a time to haul his equipment. He does the same thing and gets the minivan that he wants for under $40/day as opposed to $70-$100/day, saving him anywhere from $200-$400 on every rental after all of the taxes, etc.

I've done the same thing when I've needed a larger vehicle (Tahoe, Suburban, Minivan) for the room. I've also told numerous co-workers and friends/family members who have done the same. The biggest key to really getting what you want at a very nice deal this way is to BE NICE TO THE RENTAL AGENT!!! As the old saying goes, 'You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar'. ^

I should add that I only rent through Avis and so does the individual that gave me this advice, but I would think that all of the rental companies would work the same way...
I guess I am nicer than you at the counter. AVIS gave me a black on black Camaro convertible for $33/day, unlimited miles. Also got a Charger last month for $25/day, unlimited miles, but that was with National. I'm happier with a upgrade to Prius for no additional charge, but to each their own.

-outoftown
Old Apr 28, 2012, 5:29 pm

[QUOTE=JasonN;18235340]Need to hire a car from Las Vegas McCarran (LAS) Airport for 7 days starting 6th May. I have tried a number of AWD's and Coupon codes but don't seem to be getting a lot of luck on the results back.

S789500 in the AWD field, MUWA033 in the coupon field. Brings up final price of $200 for the week but coupon will take additional $30 off at rental counter so $170 (both codes come from the Avis website so can be used by any customer)
Old May 1, 2012, 6:36 am

I'm gonna have to rent a car on Aug 14 for two weeks from Newark airport. Any good codes I can use? Quite desperate here.
Old May 1, 2012, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mediana
I'm gonna have to rent a car on Aug 14 for two weeks from Newark airport. Any good codes I can use? Quite desperate here.
There are lots of options here, and in the other car rental forums. You need to search and try out different codes you might be eligible for and see which one provides the best price. No one is going to tell you which code to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.