Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:09 pm

How much is the Deloitte discount?

How much of a discount do you get with the A442100? When I enter it in online, it gives no indication, just that the discount is given at the counter. Before I choose the vehicle, I'd love to know how much it costs....thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 2:49 pm

Discount codes always show the effect immediately, it's only coupons that are deducted at the counter. So, when a code doesn't show a discount, then it doesn't give you a discount on that location.

If all else fails, try a discount code from some airline frequent flyer programme, they usually get you something, at least on airport locations that airline flies to.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by margieinoakland
How much of a discount do you get with the A442100? When I enter it in online, it gives no indication, just that the discount is given at the counter. Before I choose the vehicle, I'd love to know how much it costs....thanks!
Welcome to FT margieinoakland.

As posted above the AWD code should take immediate effect. Make sure that you are entering it into the correct (AWD) box (not the Rate Code box), and if no discount, sorry, find another code...

This AWD code provided a good discount in NZ early 2011, but as always, YMMV. For instance, I think it may be a code with a minimum hire day requirement ~ 5 days? ~ that trip was for a 9 or 10 day hire ~ and stated country of residence can also impact on the discount produced.

Best of luck,

tb
Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by tallboy

...and stated country of residence can also impact on the discount produced.
Right, but when you show up at the rental counter you have to produce identification and a driver license. Since I have two licenses from different countries I sometimes test. Normally the best discount is for US, but not always. And sometimes there are discounts for local residents, such as in NYC. Or for subscribers to a local telephone company or for holders of local credit cards.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:44 pm

Removed post, please ignore.

Last edited by zerem; Jul 28, 2012 at 5:58 pm
Old Jul 29, 2012, 4:13 pm

$35 off weekly rental in US - MUWA191

Here are the details for this coupon:

Coupon valid on an intermediate (group C) through a full-size four door (group E) car. Offer may not apply to all makes and models. Dollars off applies to the time and mileage charges only on a minimum five day rental period. Please mention MUWA191 coupon at time of reservation. A Saturday night keep is required. Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) may apply and are extra. Optional products such as LDW ($29.99/day or less) and refueling are extra. An advance reservation is required. May not be used in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion or offer. Coupon valid at participating Avis locations in the contiguous U.S. Offer subject to vehicle availability at time of reservation and may not be available on some rates at some times. For reservations made on Avis.com, dollars off will be applied at time of rental. Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. Rental must begin by 12/31/12.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL
A442100

I am worried using this code A442100 as it knocks of nearly %50 of my rental quote £970 down to £530. Has anyone had issues using this code?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by nbusin
I am worried using this code A442100 as it knocks of nearly %50 of my rental quote £970 down to £530. Has anyone had issues using this code?
No issues using the code from a city branch office in NZ in early 2011.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Procter
Heard that ANC avis is runnin semi-independently, no status recognition, no rental credits etc. We are looking for a seven and half day, full size rental, picking up at 1AM. Will A515100 (HP code) be too risky to use?

Also, a few pages in the back, one guy claimed that this code had 100 miles/day limit, but when I put everything together, it shows under mileage "unlimited". How would I tell if it has mileage limit or not?

And generally in ANC sites, are they strict about corp ID etc? Thanks.
Any feedback? Does this HP code cause any trouble in ANC? Thanks a lot.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:29 pm

Car seat coupon code quick....

Sorry for the short notice. Renting a car in Florida tomorrow. I'm a presidents club member which is all fine and good but no free car seat.
Anyone out there have coupon code for free car seat I can slap on my res?
Thanx
Old Aug 5, 2012, 7:27 pm

Anyone used AWD C031529 lately? I saw a post back from 2007 that stated this code was blacklisted and no longer valid yet I used it along with the Delta Skymiles code and got over $100 off the original price for a 3 day rental.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
Any one use A442100 lately? Seems to be working, but I'm a little concerned.

Thank you.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Junior Varsity
Any one use A442100 lately? Seems to be working, but I'm a little concerned.
Thank you.
I use it all the time in multiple US and Canadian locations (40+ rentals per year). No one has ever asked for employer ID.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up G417900 Still a great code after all these years

I have not posted here in quite awhile. But I see this thread that I started way back in 04' is still going strong. I have used several of the newer codes mentioned here but my favorite is still G417900. This replaced the old "L" code that was really popular when this thread first started. The G417900 code still gives me consistantly very low rates (maybe not the absolute rock bottom in every case), free LDW cap, unlimited mileage, and never a hassle or request for ID. Just my humble educated opinion.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Feel free to try this to see if it saves you anything. My corp code and no ID required. AWD: X801848

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.