Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by slotownmomma
Just definitely going to try that if
needed
I tried using that code in May in Newark. He did ask if I had my ID with me...I did not. He then asked if work could fax it to me. I was not able to use that code! Better have a back up
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by curious401
I tried using that code in May in Newark. He did ask if I had my ID with me...I did not. He then asked if work could fax it to me. I was not able to use that code! Better have a back up
I've never used the risky "maybe/maybe not" codes. It''s just not worth the stress and embarassment to maybe save an extra few bucks. There are plenty of codes on this thread that give a really good deal and are never questioned. In my opinion, if you rent often, you are better off to find a couple of "safe" codes that offer a good value and stick with them. Why even compare the rates against risky codes and be tempted with a slightly lower price that may or may not work? I've compared the high risk codes against my favorite codes (G417900 & A108386) and the savings are usually 5%or less. I also consider other code benefits in addition to price. Free LDW cap, unlimited mileage, free one-way, etc. In my opinion, renters that try every code in search of the absolute rock bottom price, without considering the risk and benefits issues are doing themselves a disservice.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 1:06 am
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Originally Posted by bob1008
I've never used the risky "maybe/maybe not" codes. It''s just not worth the stress and embarassment to maybe save an extra few bucks. There are plenty of codes on this thread that give a really good deal and are never questioned. In my opinion, if you rent often, you are better off to find a couple of "safe" codes that offer a good value and stick with them. Why even compare the rates against risky codes and be tempted with a slightly lower price that may or may not work? I've compared the high risk codes against my favorite codes (G417900 & A108386) and the savings are usually 5%or less. I also consider other code benefits in addition to price. Free LDW cap, unlimited mileage, free one-way, etc. In my opinion, renters that try every code in search of the absolute rock bottom price, without considering the risk and benefits issues are doing themselves a disservice.
Thanks for this advice! Appreciate everyone's helpful comments!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Never say never, I will take much greater risks (when using codes) when I'm renting locally whether for the miles or just to put the wear and tear on a rental vs. my own. I usually have back up plans at other near by locations so if I get shot down at say Avis, I walk next door to National etc. When I'm traveling via aircraft, I still will do it although I pretty much have to know the airport car rental system for back up plans. If I don't know the airport, I will be much less risky.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:18 am

Reporting success with N711304 in Italy

I successfully used N711304 for car rental in Italy last week. Picked up car in Florence and returned in Rome. Significant discount. No questions asked.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Silver, Cathay Gold, SPG Plat 100, Hilton G, PC Plat,Hertz Pres C, Le club Accor plat
The A442100 code worked like a dream in LHR last week. Discount of 80 Pounds. Cost me 120 instead of 200 :-) Many thanks All.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:56 pm

Las vegas McCarran to LA LAX rental

Hi,

Last year when I was in the states I used my AVIS corporate AWD code P271899 for a 4 day hire pick up in LA and drop off at Vegas McCarran for $145.88. The prices included unlimited mileage but no LDW.

I'm heading back to the states later this year and this time I need a 5 day rental to be picked up at McCarran and drop off at LAX. The quote I got with the same AWD no longer includes unlimited mileage.

Could someone please help with providing a good AWD code that includes unlimited mileage.

Thanks a lot.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:40 am

The AWD J046300 at avis.com for visitors to the US gives you unlimited mileage, LDW and ALI.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
<removed>

Last edited by tmm1012; Nov 21, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Old Aug 22, 2012, 3:33 pm

You can't input coupons on the European Avis websites. I called the customer service in Sweden and the girl I talked to didn't even know what it was, since they only use AWDs.

Try booking the same on avis.com, avis.ca, avis.com.au or avis.co.nz and see if you get a similar price, because there you can add coupons. Note however that coupons are usually limited to specific countries, so will be rejected if you it use for a booking in another country.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:53 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by ftung
Hi,

Last year when I was in the states I used my AVIS corporate AWD code P271899 for a 4 day hire pick up in LA and drop off at Vegas McCarran for $145.88. The prices included unlimited mileage but no LDW.

I'm heading back to the states later this year and this time I need a 5 day rental to be picked up at McCarran and drop off at LAX. The quote I got with the same AWD no longer includes unlimited mileage.

Could someone please help with providing a good AWD code that includes unlimited mileage.

Thanks a lot.
Can you check your receipt to ensure your AWD was actually on the reservation? It's possible that a rental without an AWD was cheaper and Avis.com defaulted to that even if you put in your code.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:15 am

Quick question. If I make a reservation online do i have to enter a coupon code then or can i give them the coupon when i go to pick up the car. The reason I ask is because i'm not sure what coupon i want to use. I have a money off one and a free upgrade one and just not sure what i want to do.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lb2004
Quick question. If I make a reservation online do i have to enter a coupon code then or can i give them the coupon when i go to pick up the car. The reason I ask is because i'm not sure what coupon i want to use. I have a money off one and a free upgrade one and just not sure what i want to do.
I would enter a coupon code, any code, and then use the one you want when you get there. The reason is that almost all coupon codes have blackout days, restrictions, location does not participate, etc. When you make the reservation, if the coupon is rejected, it tells you immediately.
If you have a code "plugged in" and accepted, at least you know that it will be honored. You can use any coupon you want once you get there. The coupons are never actually entered until the contract is entered.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:48 pm

You can use any coupon you want once you get there. The coupons are never actually entered until the contract is entered.
Well, I'm flying with BA to LAX and at ba.com/avis they're giving me better rates than any AWD at avis.com. The only problems are that I then have to pre-pay and can't enter any coupon. I called the Avis customer service and they said they can't add a coupon to reservations made via ba.com. Maybe it's possible at the desk, but I wouldn't want to be greeted with

[rap]
This coupon is no can do,
you'll have to make do
with this Malibu
[/rap]

I'll save $50 by booking a full size rather than a premium, but if I can't be sure that the coupon will be accepted at the desk, I think I'll pay the extra money to be guaranteed a premium car. I'm only Preferred, so can't expect an upgrade without a coupon.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Is the Costco code (A108386) still good to use without a costco card? The sam's rate is about 15% higher than the costco rate for a weekly rental JAX-TPA. Ironically the costco rate gives the same rate that B444000 does (employee rate). Hope that doesn't raise any red flags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.