Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 3:28 am

AVIS - Faro car rental

Hello,

could You help me with car rental in Portugal Faro Airport.
I'm looking for nice discount but a lot of AWD codes don't do any discount for 7 days car rental.
I'm looking for some good offer from 30.08 till 06.09.2010...and all of the codes i checked is not working?

Could You give me some good codes ?

Thanks a lot....
Kris
Old May 25, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Kris_WW
Hello,

could You help me with car rental in Portugal Faro Airport.
I'm looking for nice discount but a lot of AWD codes don't do any discount for 7 days car rental.
I'm looking for some good offer from 30.08 till 06.09.2010...and all of the codes i checked is not working?

Could You give me some good codes ?

Thanks a lot....
Kris
You might try G298100 and if that does not work, then maybe K851000, or B149870, or A686200. At least one of those should give you a 30% discount, and the first one on the list might be as high as 50%. However, some of these will work in some European Countries, but might not work in other European Countries. YMMV Let us know what works, okay?
Old May 25, 2010, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by USirritated
You might try G298100 and if that does not work, then maybe K851000, or B149870, or A686200. At least one of those should give you a 30% discount, and the first one on the list might be as high as 50%. However, some of these will work in some European Countries, but might not work in other European Countries. YMMV Let us know what works, okay?
These codes are "accepted" but the discount applicable only knocks off a few Euros from the normal price. Im wishing to go to Spain for three weeks in September myself..
Old May 25, 2010, 5:38 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by m5rcc
These codes are "accepted" but the discount applicable only knocks off a few Euros from the normal price. Im wishing to go to Spain for three weeks in September myself..
We used K444404 in Spain in June 2009 for quite a good discount.

Not sure if it still works but suggest you try that.

Good luck.

tb
Old May 27, 2010, 9:29 am

Be VERY careful using discount codes in Alaska!

Originally Posted by chunky649
Thanks to Traveldealer, I was able to save $almost $400 in a weekly rental in Alaska using the Zxxxxx AWD code. However, I should probably have a backup.

What is the opinion in having the same AWD/coupon code for an airport AVIS pickup (instead of the current downtown Anchorage) as backup? Or should I just have a reservation with another brand like Hertz or National?
Originally Posted by traveldealer
I think it belongs to a travel agency, so it's more like a public company, it's used for their travelers
We were in Alaska last year and Avis does check the "travel agency" codes. If you do not have an ITA number or ID at check-in they will charge you the going rate. I have never seen more people shot down for improper codes than I did in Alaska. Be very cautious!!!!!!
Old May 28, 2010, 5:51 am

LAX - AWD

Hi There

I am from New Zealand, and the company I work for has an AWD code we can use. When I use that code in the avis.com site (rather than the local .co.nz site) and set my place of residence as NZ I get one price which seems similar to rack, maybe a small discount.

However if I leave at the default "I am a US resident" I get a substantial discount on this.

Now, my question is I am not a US resident, will they check this when I pick the car up and ping me for a higher rate?
Old May 28, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: AC E50
Originally Posted by nmenaker
has anyone used this code before, or recently? Wondering what the confirmation is? I WAS a USAA customer up till about five years ago, but now use Nationwide. Still a customer TECHNICALLY.

Lemme know please, works for an upcoming rental.
I just used this for a rental in Calgary at the airport and they honored it. Thanks !!
Old May 28, 2010, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by rockycfc
Hi There

I am from New Zealand, and the company I work for has an AWD code we can use. When I use that code in the avis.com site (rather than the local .co.nz site) and set my place of residence as NZ I get one price which seems similar to rack, maybe a small discount.

However if I leave at the default "I am a US resident" I get a substantial discount on this.

Now, my question is I am not a US resident, will they check this when I pick the car up and ping me for a higher rate?
You will be required to submit a copy of your current driver's license at check in. Whether or not they will make the connection between New Zealand and the discount code is anyone's guess.
Old May 28, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Hi There

My guess is that you will be just fine, though of course that is not guaranteed. The average Avis rental agent does not even check all the details of a reservation, and almost none would ever check the rental for country of residence (if they could even find the field that would be entered in) against your driver license. On average, rental agents will not check almost anything on the rental contract besides you having a driver license, and your payment/credit card information. Of course, YMMV.
Old May 28, 2010, 8:14 pm

Hi There

You might want to get an Avis Wizard number (they are free. go to https://secure.avis.com/programs_and...umber_app.html to apply). That way, at major airports you can totally bypass the counter and the first person who sees your drivers license will be the person at the gate who has no idea about your rate and doesn't care about anything other than that your name and the car you're in both match the contract.

That said, you might want to put a US based address (friend? office? anything?) in your Wizard profile, since giving the NZ address there and then checking the "I am a US resident" box is rather contradictory. But your profile address doesn't have to match your drivers license - for example, my profile address is my office, which is in a totally different state from where my license is issued.
Old May 31, 2010, 6:10 am

Any codes that work in South America?
Old May 31, 2010, 10:00 am

TLV discount or coupon codes?

Does anyone know of a discount code or coupon code that will work at the Avis location in Tel Aviv (TLV), Israel?
I want to get a full size car (so an upgrade coupon that works would be appreciated).
thanks!
Old May 31, 2010, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by alterman
Any codes that work in South America?
It totally depends on the country you are going to.

:-: In several countries in Central or South America it is cheaper, or approximately the same cost, to hire a car and driver than it is to rent from Avis. While the cost of a car and driver will actually be about the same, or even a tiny bit more than Avis alone (depending on the car class of course), with a car and driver the cost of the fuel will be included, and there will not be any "extra" taxes (regular rental tax of course) such as passenger facility charges, where with Avis the cost of the fuel will be over and above the cost of the rental, and there will be "extra taxes." This certainly applies in Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguay, Suriname, Guyana, and French Guiana in South America, and sometimes Chile too. In Central America it often applies in Belize and Honduras, and sometimes other countries too. Also, in some countries, it is actually recommended to use a car and driver, and NOT to rent, for safety purposes, such as in Venezuela, although in VZ it is not generally cheaper, and the driver often will carry a gun.
Old May 31, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AA GLD, SPG PLT
AVIS - NYC July 4th weekend

Hi All,

It seems that all NYC locations including those in Manhattan as well as LGA, JFK, and EWR have astronomical rates for July 4th weekend. My corporate rate is overridden and comes out to almost $140 per day as do all the other codes I've tried. Does anyone have any codes which might reduce the July 4th weekend rates or are absolutely no codes being accepted?

Thanks!
Old May 31, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: OP, SPG, Amex MR
I checked for some rentals and the codes that work for me are A177232 (USAA) and B999000 (AVIS Employee??). I looked up the USAA AVIS rental benefits it seems that there are a few mentioned at http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...faq.html#ans12

I am having second thoughts on using the USAA codes in case I get into an accident. My guess is that once that happens, your AWD code gets looked at to see if you qualify for any waivers and at that point it might become apparant to AVIS that the usage of that code is invalid for my rental. (I waive all insurance coverages at the time of rental). Has anyone have any experience with this kinda situation? My real fear is that not only will AVIS invalidate the code after the accident (I can live with that) but AMEX will not allow me to use the Premium Rental Protection because I committed "fraud" in the first place.

The other code B999000 seems to be too good to be true. If I actually use the avis.co.uk site and use this code on top of that, I am getting luxury car (with LDW/SLI included) for a ridiculous amount. It is discounting the full sticker price by about 80~90%, which I am sure will guarantee a second look at my reservation. I read some older threads, and it seems that this code is a big trouble.

Last edited by smcgrath12; May 31, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.