Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by msk6261
I tried to add a coupon code for JFK and it says that this location does not participate in corporate coupons. It did take the AWD number.

Anyone have a coupon code for NYC? Free weekend day? $$ off?? Anything?
AWD numbers are negotiated CONTRACTUAL rates, while coupons are just that coupons, and generally not contractual or negotiated. Rental locations must accept AWD numbers, but they are not always required to accept coupons.

Coincidentally, in the window that opened up below your message, was the following ad:

Save 25% on AVIS RENTALS
USE AWD #Q273400
for 25% OFF AVIS Car Rentals
www.smartbizsavings.com/avis
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
Coincidentally, in the window that opened up below your message, was the following ad:

Save 25% on AVIS RENTALS
USE AWD #Q273400
that was coincidental.......unfortunately, those codes were not worth the pixels they were displayed on at JFK. Not a $ off!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 6:22 pm

looking for LA, off airport

Hi,

I am new to this.

I am looking for a weekly rental for a 4-door with decent trunk like Chevy Malibu, Corola or even Yaris(small but decent trunk) not at airport in west Los Angeles, or Valley, preferably West LA, Beverly Hills, westwood, or around North Hollywood, Studio City etc.

I have "preferred Avis card" and the best deal I got was 166 / week for Intermediate class.

I tried USirritated's link below ***THANKS**, and somehow figured out this great deal:
http://www.smartbizsavings.com/avis-discounts.php

which gives me 25% off, so it comes out to 155 a week for intermediate(pontiac G6) total is 172 with tax

Is this a Good deal?

as said before, I am new to this and appreciate anyone's suggestion

AWD numbers are negotiated CONTRACTUAL rates, while coupons are just that coupons, and generally not contractual or negotiated. Rental locations must accept AWD numbers, but they are not always required to accept coupons.

Save 25% on AVIS RENTALS
USE AWD #Q273400
Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by samuelg
does anyone know if i will get id'ed using this code D005297 ???!!

it still offers me a HUGE discount on the avis uk website but i dont wanna be turned down at the desk in alicante ?
Glad to see it's working somewhere. D005297 used to be my favorite code in the U.S. The savings were fantastic. But it hasn't done anything for me in 2010.

If you search this thread solely you will find over 150 references to this code including...

#1678 Just tried D005297 and it was $50 more total for a 4 day rental.

#1769 ...but it sounds like D005297 may be dead

#1779 had been using D005297 for years, and then was told one day it was an "expired" code not valid any more and he'd have to pony up rack rate

If you search only thread titles in the Avis forum you will find threads D005297 Beware and D005297 "May it rest in peace"
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:26 pm

Great link, I got this price 167.79 for a week in LA:

PHP Code:
Base Rate7 day(s150.29 USD 
Taxes 
Surcharges
17.50 USD  Surcharge
2.59 USD  
- $0.37 per day (Vehicle License Fee
Tax 9.750% ) 14.91 USD 

Approximate Total 167.79 USD  

Coupon
MUWA002  Accepted (See Notes

Estimated Total 167.79 USD 

Notes
:
Coupon discounts are NOT included in the estimated totalbut will be calculated and applied at the time of rental
Your rate was calculated based on the information providedSome modifications may change this rate
this is before $25 coupon, what will be the total with the coupon, I assume coupon is before taxes right?

Save 25% on AVIS RENTALS
USE AWD #Q273400
Old Jul 13, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by camera3
this is before $25 coupon, what will be the total with the coupon, I assume coupon is before taxes right?
Yes, coupons should be applied before taxes are calculated.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 3:31 pm

this is great information
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by anithajs
this is great information
That is what FlyerTalk is for! People helping people, sharing information for the common good.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
That is what FlyerTalk is for! People helping people, sharing information for the common good.
Come on guys, I need desperately that somebody help out.

My local rental office (in Europe) is quite strict, and ask for employment proof for any codes linked to a certain company.

This thread is miles long and very old, let's have a summary of codes which they can't make problems and currently work.

It's a difficult request, but whoever manages to do this, will be doing this thread a huge fauvor.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by ELAL
This thread is miles long and very old, let's have a summary of codes which they can't make problems and currently work.
Yeah! And I'd like this weeks winning power ball numbers, too!
< I'm not holding my breath ELAL, and I hope you're not either >
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Any good codes for Italy around?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Any good codes for Italy around?
G298100 has been posted as good for Europe in general, although I do not know where this particular AWD number is sourced from. (Gevoha has been mentioned previously, as some sort of computer company, but actually that name is for a Jewish Yeshiva in New Jersey, so this attribution is very dubious!)

K851000 is the AWD number for Hhonors, and it has been mentioned that it works well in Italy.

A153700 and D086533 have been mentioned as being good AWD numbers both specifically for Italy, and generally for Europe, although I do not know where these particular AWD numbers are sourced from. (They have been mentioned as both being for the same company, the first one for employees of that company [I saw one mention that this is the US Avis employee number, so beware!], and the second for customers of that company, but the company name is not certain.)

B149870 is supposed to be good in Europe generally, but again, the company affliliation is unknown.

L358190 is the number for the BMW Car Club of America, and should work worldwide. Note - this is for a club, not for a company, so the RA will never be able to ask you for your company ID!

At least one of those should give you a 30% discount, and one or two on the list might be as high as 50%. However, some of these will work in some European Countries on certain dates, but might not work in other European Countries, or on other dates. YMMV Let us know what works, okay?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
K851000 is the AWD number for Hhonors, and it has been mentioned that it works well in Italy.
Great post!

It's seems quite simple, join Hhonors, and I assume you are free to use it.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by ELAL
Great post!

It's seems quite simple, join Hhonors, and I assume you are free to use it.
What you said is technically true, and if you were a member of Hhonors, then you are totally free to use it. However, in practice, the usage could be more broad, since I would be very surprised if an Avis rental agent would ask for proof of membership in a hotel program such as Hhonors, or Starwood Preferred Guest, etc.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
A recent experience with longstanding AWD codes

Over the years I have found this thread to be hugely valuable. As a refresher for anyone new here, a useful list of codes can be found on Page 66 of this thread, Post #967. It's a few years old, perhaps there's an updated post somewhere between then and now, but I don't have the patience to go through it.

I'm a Presidential Preferred Member, which is for holders of the Continental Airlines Presidential Plus MasterCard. Recently I was trying to do a one day rental on short notice in Miami, and found that there was no availability for anything but luxury class, with a SmartCar (as if!) available for $48 for the day and a compact class car for $99 a day, and then a limited number of options ranging from $179 for the day and up. Otherwise every other car class was showing as "Sold Out."

Put in the AWD code D005297 - ASAP (ameteur sports assistance program, which I've used many times in the past), no change.

Put in the AWD code J868801 - Florida Visitor Bureau and BOOM! suddenly there was availability for subcompact class right through to full size and beyond. Subcompact, Compact and Intermediate were coming up at $44, $45 and $47 respectively (cheaper than that SmartCar which curiously went up to $50 for the day). Got the same results using D833357 - The American Society of Travel Agents.

Then I put in A074800 - Citicorp Leisure Travel. The rates on the classes above dropped to $32, $33, and $34. I have never used this code before.

I found it very curious that there was no availability for a Preferred Member (or anyone else), but once I input a few AWDs, suddenly there were cars available, at drastically lower prices.

Anyway ... just sharing this experience for any who find it useful, or informative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.