Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2006, 6:34 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Confirm that 5297 is good

Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
I have used D005927 (and 5297) in recent history (i.e., last six months) in both USA and Europe with no questions asked. As always, YMMV.
I and some colleagues have also used 5297 on several occasions in France and Scandinavia, with no questions asked.

Last edited by tallboy; Apr 2, 2006 at 6:35 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 4, 2006, 8:44 pm

Glad to hear of your experiences - thanks for that.

Last edited by Kabuki Dream Boy; Apr 5, 2006 at 10:46 am
Old Apr 8, 2006, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hate to ask anyone to do volunteer work for me (although since I do try to contribute useful info on flyertalk, I only feel half bad ), but this forum would really benefit from a sticky post summarizing the various discount codes and their likely effectiveness, source and "legality." I did see that somebody tried this a few pages back on this thread. With over 100,000 hits, obviously many, many people (including me!) rely on this thread for help. If there's an "Avis expert" who would like to undertake this effort, I think there are many of us who would be forever in your debt. Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2006, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

USAA just sent me AWD A177204. For a domestic reservation I just made, it beat the other recently posted codes, including the sports association. YMMV.

I doubt anyone would be questioned using this one. USAA is a large insurance company, and while it was originally restricted to military officers, the membership requirements are now so broad that practically anyone could be a plausible member.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:41 am
JFS

Programs: BA Amex, Tesco Platinum
car hire in Italy

I have been using D005591 consistently for car hire in Italy (7 times during the past year). It has always given me a massive 40% discount! Where they show the rate in the invoice it comes up as Euro Supervalue, whatever that means.

I do not take out any extra insurance with them as I have an annual insurance with http://www.insurance4carhire.com/, which covers me for Europe for one year for £49, which is less than I would pay for the extra insurance for one car hire with Avis. They also do worldwide cover.

My son is also insuranced with them and recently had an accident in Italy. insurance4carhire returned the approx. £1,000 Avis had charged him in excess. They even returned his taxi costs to pick up another car.

Last edited by JFS; Apr 9, 2006 at 9:04 am
Old Apr 9, 2006, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what are the benefits to use an Avis AWD code ?

especially renting domestically ?

I have tried every possible one (those that are deemed "safe") on our upcoming Hawaii trip (one weekly rental at Maui) - the lowest rate it ever produced, still like $90 higher than a plain Budget rate using either an AA or an UA discount code for an intermediate - what gives ?

I assume renting overseas, such as we will do for a trip to Scotland, using Avis code may produce great savings. I have yet to test them.

But, what is the big deal of these Avis discount codes ? We dont know if they provide CDW or not, if even if they do, when there is really an accident, would it cause problems ?

I hope those who had the misfortunes of having accidents using those codes would post their experiences.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 9, 2006 at 1:16 pm
Old Apr 9, 2006, 6:47 pm

I thought that the Avis excess for Italy was £220 - was the £1000 excess due to your son's age or some other reason? £1000 seems pretty high for an excess in my experience.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
especially renting domestically ?

I have tried every possible one (those that are deemed "safe") on our upcoming Hawaii trip (one weekly rental at Maui) - the lowest rate it ever produced, still like $90 higher than a plain Budget rate using either an AA or an UA discount code for an intermediate - what gives ?
It's a game: there's never one car rental company that's always cheapest. These codes usually make Avis competitive with other agencies, or the absolute cheapest. When Avis still isn't competitive, I rent elsewhere.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 2:08 am
JFS

Programs: BA Amex, Tesco Platinum
Originally Posted by Kabuki Dream Boy
I thought that the Avis excess for Italy was £220 - was the £1000 excess due to your son's age or some other reason? £1000 seems pretty high for an excess in my experience.
Don't know what the answer is, he is over 25. I suspect it could be something to do with the discount code. Whatever the reason, it did not cost him anything due to the extra insurance he had taken out, who didn't bat an eyelid at the amount. He also said the insurance company were very easy to deal with.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 5:10 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Originally Posted by Happy
I assume renting overseas, such as we will do for a trip to Scotland, using Avis code may produce great savings. I have yet to test them.

But, what is the big deal of these Avis discount codes ? We dont know if they provide CDW or not, if even if they do, when there is really an accident, would it cause problems ?

I hope those who had the misfortunes of having accidents using those codes would post their experiences.
Re Scotland (also Ireland), the absolute cheapest rates I've found were through Hertz on the RyanAir website - go figure?

Re CDW - just e-mail Avis and ask. They got back to me within an hour.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the Scotland info

Originally Posted by gre
Re Scotland (also Ireland), the absolute cheapest rates I've found were through Hertz on the RyanAir website - go figure?

Re CDW - just e-mail Avis and ask. They got back to me within an hour.
Can one do one-way rental thru RyanAir website ?

Some people on the BMI forum suggested to me to rent one way EDI to MAN as we need to fly to CDG for our return back to U.S.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, DL 1MM, Marriott PLAT, AVIS CHRMn Club, NATIONAL Exec Elite
here is a winer

awd t111949
Old Apr 14, 2006, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
any idea

what this code is?
Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:12 am

Avis Discount Code in Lebanon???

I am planning a trip to Lebanon (BEY) and have tried all the codes, none have worked.

Any suggestions, codes that have worked in BEY???

ck
Old Apr 14, 2006, 3:56 pm

AWD for Domestic & International rentals - AWD#: Q180430

Great last minute rates !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.