Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2006, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by nmelwani-gmail
AWD for Domestic & International rentals - AWD#: Q180430

Great last minute rates !!!
Do you need a coupon? What is it for? The rate I got in Canada was almost half...
Old Apr 18, 2006, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by nmelwani-gmail
AWD for Domestic & International rentals - AWD#: Q180430

Great last minute rates !!!
This code dropped my rate about 40% on a one-way SLC-LAS (June, not last-minute). I am worried about it, though.

The reservations page says it is a corporate rate, rate code QL. What company? If insurance is included in this rate, as it often is in corporate rates, am I gtting myself into trouble in case I have an accident?

EDIT: Well, never mind. I looked at the printout again and NO MILES are included; every mile is $0.40. What a deal!

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Apr 19, 2006 at 9:51 am
Old Apr 19, 2006, 9:24 am

Programs: NW, AA, Delta
Does anyone know where L282800 comes from?

Got a full size 3 day rental in toronto a total of $80 cad for next weekend
Old Apr 19, 2006, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by jr1820
Does anyone know where L282800 comes from?
There's a very handy feature on long threads like this called "Search this thread." Try typing the code in there and you'll see it's been discussed quite a bit in this thread.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
USAA just sent me AWD A177204. For a domestic reservation I just made, it beat the other recently posted codes, including the sports association. YMMV.

I doubt anyone would be questioned using this one. USAA is a large insurance company, and while it was originally restricted to military officers, the membership requirements are now so broad that practically anyone could be a plausible member.
Have you taken your trip yet? Were you asked to show a card?

Some details about the code here:
http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/html/bri...usaa/faqs.html
Old Apr 21, 2006, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by szrc
Have you taken your trip yet? Were you asked to show a card?

Some details about the code here:
http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/html/bri...usaa/faqs.html

USAA is a fantastic rate, USAA protects that rate and added benefits. LDW included, Free additional drivers, lower GSO refuel prices, automatic acceptance insurance replacement among other things. In return, the USAA member MUST show one document or credit card with their name and USAA's name on it to get access to all of the above.

Plus, USAA regularly cross checks their database with names of people using their code. Anyone not matching is subject to price revisions.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 6:54 am

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
And with ezmonee as a certified lurker (albeit providing extremely valuable insight to the Avis forum), I would think that the usage of USAA AWD will now be scrutinized even closer?
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:27 am

The USAA codes cuts more than 50% off the next rental I'm look at. Wonder whether my very old USAA credit card account is still active. If not, it might be time to apply for a new one.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by The Viking
And with ezmonee as a certified lurker (albeit providing extremely valuable insight to the Avis forum), I would think that the usage of USAA AWD will now be scrutinized even closer?
BAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no, it doesnt quite work that way. But anything said in this forum can be read by anyone in the company from QA to the janitor.

Thats the problem about public forums. Good...lotsainformation. Bad...the very people that you are trying to "beat" can see your tactics.

How do you think AWD's that once were fantastic suddenly die?
Old Apr 22, 2006, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by ezmonee
USAA is a fantastic rate, USAA protects that rate and added benefits. LDW included, Free additional drivers, lower GSO refuel prices, automatic acceptance insurance replacement among other things. In return, the USAA member MUST show one document or credit card with their name and USAA's name on it to get access to all of the above.

Plus, USAA regularly cross checks their database with names of people using their code. Anyone not matching is subject to price revisions.
Thanks for all of the info, ezmonee. Your posts are consistently among the most useful here. Any similar thoughts about ID requirements on the "Beringpoint/Jericho" code posted a while back? (A541254)
Old Apr 23, 2006, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do you tell which org / corp the code is from ?

I tried to read back many pages about how you can find out where the code is from when you make a reservation, you would be able to see what it is ... I cannot find the posts about how to do it.

Does anyone know ?

The known Citi Travel group gave a reasonable rate for renting from EDI, but another code from unknown source seems to work quite a bit better.

Also, Avis gave price quote in USD, instead of GBP. However, the base rate and the tax shown, does not add up to the estimated total, which is a good 37% higher than the sum of shown rate and tax. Rate is $80.39, 17.5% tax shown $20.68, but the estimated total is $138.84 - $37.77 unknown tax and fee. What hidden charges they do not show ?

btw, L282800 came back higher than the Citi Travel Group and the Sport Group.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 23, 2006 at 2:32 pm
Old Apr 23, 2006, 9:08 pm

try E400000.. this should be a code for airline employees which give wonderful discount at some places
Old Apr 24, 2006, 2:13 pm
rJz

No love for SLC?

Anyone know of a code that works in SLC? I've tried most of the codes in this thread and all seem to come back with either a ridiculous rate $50 a day for a compact or the have an (L) next to the rate and don't appear to be any discount at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by rJz
Anyone know of a code that works in SLC?
Did you check on Avis.com within the DEALS category? There is a link to various cities and locations, including SLC. Looks like you use AWD number K202100 but not sure how much of a discount that code yields.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 10:04 am

avis code for renting in floride from france

hi,

we used to rent car from avis from europe for usa states. We noticed that price was depending from the european web site we made our car booking (avis.de, avis.fr, avis.es....). Until now, avis.de offered the most lowest rate.
This time I recheck for our next vacation in florida next august and avis.de offers no more the lowest rate.
I was looking for awd code for this car rental (30 days in florida) (rental from europe) but I can't find one's valuable. As anyone any valuable code ?

Other question : has somebody tested to take a car insurance not by avis (for exemple by http://www.insurance4carhire.com/) ?

Thanks for your answer,

Sandrine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.