Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2006, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Code for Hawaii

Originally Posted by CA Platinum
Many thanks for the D005297 code. It just saved us $214 on an 11 day rental for an Intermediate sized car. ^
I used the D005297 for Hawaii and got a rate of $290 for 9 days. Other codes were in excess of $360. ^
Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:46 pm

Exclamation Who's code is this? Does anyone know??

I know that this question has been asked a hundred times but I am getting excellent rate with D005927 (not 5297) and would like to know what to tell the agent if asked about this code. I have searched and searched to no avail. Does anyone know who's code this is???
Old Jun 4, 2006, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by limamike
And Save
If it ever worked, it doesn't work now: Avis says "Invalid AWD"
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, DL 1MM, Marriott PLAT, AVIS CHRMn Club, NATIONAL Exec Elite
T111949 - International 30%_45% off

Great rates
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, DL 1MM, Marriott PLAT, AVIS CHRMn Club, NATIONAL Exec Elite
What doesnt work t111949?

Originally Posted by SportsTech
If it ever worked, it doesn't work now: Avis says "Invalid AWD"
Old Jun 6, 2006, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by Dave702
I know that this question has been asked a hundred times but I am getting excellent rate with D005927 (not 5297) and would like to know what to tell the agent if asked about this code. I have searched and searched to no avail. Does anyone know who's code this is???
Isn't that the Amateur Sports code? I know there was an issue about transposed numbers, but let's face it, I'm too damn lazy to look now.

I always thought the amatuer sports code was the one to beat, but when I booked through the Entertainment Book free codes on another thread, I was able to get a (barely) cheaper deal and get a car two classes better.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by FinsUp99
Isn't that the Amateur Sports code? I know there was an issue about transposed numbers, but let's face it, I'm too damn lazy to look now.
Thanks, you should have not even posted, you're probably falling off your chair exhausted from all of that typing.

I am aware of the search feature, and have used it. Just because the number was transposed does not mean it is for the same thing. Which is exactly the question I asked. Is there someone out there that actually knows what the 5927 (not 5297) code is for?
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Is there someone out there that actually knows what the 5927 (not 5297) code is for?
From an earlier post:

D005927 National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
Old Jun 6, 2006, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
I tried T111949 last night for a rental in Austria, couldn't get Avis to issue a quote. Said "Invalid AWD".
Old Jun 6, 2006, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by badjuju
I used the D005297 for Hawaii and got a rate of $290 for 9 days. Other codes were in excess of $360. ^
I tried this for a 15 day rental in Maui next Feb 07 and did not get any discount. Rats
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Roger
From an earlier post:

D005927 National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees

Thank you
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:17 am

I am aware of the search feature, and have used it. Just because the number was transposed does not mean it is for the same thing. Which is exactly the question I asked. Is there someone out there that actually knows what the 5927 (not 5297) code is for?
Easy there, Tex. I remeber using both codes when I checked out a rental and neither one beat the legitimate one I used. Obviously, a different AWD number would go to another organization.

Keep checking. Odds are you can beat the sports one.

My motto: "There's always a better deal out there."
Old Jun 10, 2006, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
AWD for convertible

I'm wondering if anyone knows an AWD or coupon number that significantly reduces a $100/day rate on a convertible in July in the DC area. I've tried everything in the thread.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:47 pm

Location: airport hotel bar (still drowning my sorrows about being blasted by Hans Solo on Hoth)
Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, and Chick-Fil-A A-List
Delta beating USAA (promo with 20% off standard weekend rates & 250 SkyMiles per day)

Below please find a few codes that matched or beat USAA's A177204 to give me the lowest rates I could find for several different weekend rentals at off-airport locations in the Austin, Texas area. With the exception of the USAA code - I didn’t find the below codes anywhere else in this forum or thread.

All discounts compared to standard weekend rate (without an AWD number)

gave me 15% off
B723712 International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees
B381920 Travelers Advantage
B021600 Wal-Mart edition Rand-McNally Atlas
A177204 USAA

Of the above codes - I feel that Wal-Mart's is probably the safest as it’s available to the general public. The other codes may require proof of affiliation such as a membership card.

gave me 20% off
K817625 Delta Airlines SkyMiles
Available to the general public - this appears to be a promotional AWD number - valid only until 31 Dec 06. It's also offering 250 SkyMiles per rental day for qualifying rentals of a minimum one day at participating Avis airport locations and up to 25% off standard weekend rates. Learn more at...
http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/html/par...=aviscom_delta

Please reply with your experience with any of the above codes.

Last edited by ImperialProbeDroid; Jun 17, 2006 at 9:06 am Reason: found additional info
Old Jun 14, 2006, 8:07 am

Interestingly, I'm trying to book denver in July and no discount code changes the rate. This is the first time that I can recall where the same rates pop up no matter what the AWD is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.