Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2005, 5:09 am

Getting a great rate with D005927 - can someone confirm this is ok to use? Amateur sports assistance program? ID required?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 3:16 am

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
it'll be fine ravan.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 12:24 pm

Smile

I asked an avis res agent where do you get the free tank of gas coupons. And she said it came from travel company called travellers advantage or something like that. Anyone have any idea what it is?
Old Dec 1, 2005, 8:31 pm

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.
Originally Posted by ravan
Getting a great rate with D005927 - can someone confirm this is ok to use? Amateur sports assistance program? ID required?
Blast from the past:

Mar 18, 05, 5:13 pm #131
ozmerish

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Just came back from a week renting in NZ. All Majors wanted $NZ600 week ats it was around Xmas. found a local crowd at airport who did it for half that rate all up.

Just working on getting a rental (full size, Conformadore) for the parents in CHC for a 10 day stint.

Using Amex Centurion P469100 (AWD that came with Presidents Circle?) NZ$665.20

D086533 NZ$531.12
L093590 NZ$659.13
D005291 NZ$531.12
D005927 NZ$531.12

When I was logged in, warning told me that the AWD entered was not approved for my Wizard Number. Choice was between PC (two class upgrade) perks or the lower AWD rate.

I was unaware that Wizard numbers tracked what AWD's were allowed on a profile? Is this an Australia thing or system wide?

Be interested as to what firm was so far under the majors in CHC.

Cheers
Old Dec 4, 2005, 10:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dinise
I asked an avis res agent where do you get the free tank of gas coupons. And she said it came from travel company called travellers advantage or something like that. Anyone have any idea what it is?
entertainment book has them.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 12:20 am

Programs: Former COA Silver; AVIS Chairmans Club; AOPA
Originally Posted by yossimills
I was unaware that Wizard numbers tracked what AWD's were allowed on a profile? Is this an Australia thing or system wide?
It's systemwide. My Wizard Number, for example, permits me to use the AOPA A451300 and Amateur Sports Assistance Program D005297 AWDs (with great rates for the latter and upgrades allowed for my Preferred Select status). When signed in to the Avis site with my Wizard Number, I cannot book using several other AWDs such as Citigroup A074800.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by N9MD
It's systemwide. My Wizard Number, for example, permits me to use the AOPA A451300 and Amateur Sports Assistance Program D005297 AWDs (with great rates for the latter and upgrades allowed for my Preferred Select status). When signed in to the Avis site with my Wizard Number, I cannot book using several other AWDs such as Citigroup A074800.
any problem with using the AOPA codes A451300 and A451348 i just booked with the latter A451348 (because it was on their website) gave me a rate that's over $40 in savings off a weekly rental rate..... can anybody verify these, i wouldnt imagine they'd be an issue, i just dont wanna look like a moron when i cant find my aopa card
Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:45 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Just to report back - used code D005297 twice in Germany, approximately 40% off, no questions asked!

BTW, the reservation stated "Rate code:1G". Does anybody know what that means?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:24 am

Anyone know a good code to use to avoid the underage surcharge in NY. I am 24 and find it ridiculous that because I'm 6 months short of 25 they want to charge me almost double. Any AWD #s I can use to avoid this? My rental is at BUF 13DEC05-3JAN06 looking for standard thru premium size if the price is right.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Don't all corporate AWD #s waive under 25 fees? I know mine does. Feel free to PM me for the # if you'd like.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
What is D086533??? This just gave me a fabulous discount on a rental in Rome??

Originally Posted by yossimills
D086533
Old Dec 11, 2005, 12:30 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Marriott, American
I recently had a trip to SJC and used code A153710 as the AWD with ZW as the rate code.
I noticed that this was listed here before as possibly a corporate code and sure enough, when I made the reservation online using that code, the rate type listed it as 'corporate', so I made a regular ent.book reservation just in case.

The rates were almost identical,(about $55 for 3 days),though the A153710 was for a premium car while the other was for a full size car.

When I walked up to the counter,the gentleman mentioned I had the 2 reservations listed.
I told him I wanted the one with the premium size car and he processed it for me without any questions asked.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:15 am

found what i wanted to know... post deleted

Last edited by koksy; Dec 12, 2005 at 10:31 am
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:31 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, AA Gold
Just used the D005297 code and saved $80 on a 6 days rental at PHL international airport! ^

Thanks for posting that code!

Last edited by AAJunkie; Dec 12, 2005 at 10:33 am
Old Dec 17, 2005, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
I have just used D005927 for a rental in SYD and given me a great rate too! I see it was using U6 as the Rate Code and the system said it would not accept it but resubmitted and it went through! Woo hoo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.