Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2005, 6:54 am

anything in the a153700-799 range shows "must show ID" for avis/Cendant employee.

Originally Posted by Nitro187
I tried using the code - A153710.....

I got the rate of $71.68 USD for two days after taxes, which is really great.... but do I have to do something special when I go in with my printout of the avis.com page and that code?

Do I have to show some kind of ID, or just 'say' I'm from a certain company?
Old Oct 12, 2005, 7:39 am

Oh, ok... do you or anyone know codeS that work that you do not need ID?

Thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 1:39 pm
lex

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hhonors Diamond
Here is a avis coporate discount code:

AWD X848306
Old Oct 13, 2005, 5:40 am

buddy, thats what this whole forum thread is about. theres like 20 pages of discussions and codes listed. find one that works.

Originally Posted by Nitro187
Oh, ok... do you or anyone know codeS that work that you do not need ID?

Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Amateur Sports "ASAP" code D005297

Used it in Germany for a 12 day rental, total bill (unlimited mileage, no insurance) for what turned out to be an automatic Volvo V70 diesel wagon was under $500. I'd reserved an Audi A4, which is a class or two DOWN from the Volvo. Not a shred of interest in any validation/ID/justification at check-in; I'll use it again, I suspect; this was a terrifiic bargain - I put 4,300 Km on this car!
Old Oct 16, 2005, 9:09 pm

Programs: AC*50K, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I just used P4000000 in Toronto for a three day rental and there were no problems and got a one-car class upgrade .. Reserved a full size and got a premium (the new Chrysler 300 cars - very nice cars!!)
Old Oct 17, 2005, 2:03 am

rentals in calgary (yyc)?

just curious if anyone's had any luck w/ awd's or any other coupons at the calgary airport specifically. i used a generic government code that they actually gave me over the phone last year when i was in calgary, but i can't seem to get the same results this year at all. i'm renting for 9 days and i'm oh so tempted to figure out how to use the avis employee discount and actually getting away with it. i figure that's bad news in the making though.

any suggestions are welcome. i'd also try another rental company, but i know that avis is alright with someone my age renting and not charging extra for being under 25 (then again, that was probably the gov't affiliation). thanks in advance.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by fartecho
just curious if anyone's had any luck w/ awd's or any other coupons at the calgary airport specifically. i used a generic government code that they actually gave me over the phone last year when i was in calgary, but i can't seem to get the same results this year at all. i'm renting for 9 days and i'm oh so tempted to figure out how to use the avis employee discount and actually getting away with it. i figure that's bad news in the making though.

any suggestions are welcome. i'd also try another rental company, but i know that avis is alright with someone my age renting and not charging extra for being under 25 (then again, that was probably the gov't affiliation). thanks in advance.
Hi, I am trying to do the same as you but in Vancouver. Have you considered booking on the UK site. You can obtain a pre paid voucher to hand in at the desk. Don`t know if this compares with other rates but worth a try.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 8:34 am

K851000 Hilton Honors

Can somebody confirm that this is just the regular HH card that is required, and not some HIlton Honors employee thing... Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2005, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mogensen
K851000 Hilton Honors

Can somebody confirm that this is just the regular HH card that is required, and not some HIlton Honors employee thing... Thanks!
this is not an employee code, its a standard hilton honors code. and it sucks. You must have a specific reason for wanting to use this code and its average 14% discount. and midsize standard capacity rate of 49.00 a day in most cities.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 10:13 pm

just playing around with the avis website trying to find something legitimate to beat "Dollars rent a car" rate of 320 usd for 19 days in november/december from SFO. However seems as if Avis is alot more expensive.

By the way this is the SAS Eurobonus AWD: N070001
however i believe it only gives about 10% off.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I apologize if this was already mentioned. But I rented a car last July and used the "Florida Employee" discount code. I've been trying to get my partner credit for months. Finally, I was told that no partner credit is given with this rate. It has something to do with the state of Florida not wanting their employees getting any points or miles. Although the rate was excellent, there are several other rates, (in the list,) that are close, if not as good, as the Florida Employee rate.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Neal
But I rented a car last July and used the "Florida Employee" discount code. I've been trying to get my partner credit for months. Finally, I was told that no partner credit is given with this rate. It has something to do with the state of Florida not wanting their employees getting any points or miles. Although the rate was excellent, there are several other rates, (in the list,) that are close, if not as good, as the Florida Employee rate.
I agree. I also tried the FL Employee code and found it too "bare bones" and restrictive. Probably a good deal for some, but not for frequent renters. My favorite L093590 still gives me a very good rate all the time on domestic rentals, and no ID required. Also includes $3k insurance liability cap.

Last edited by bob1008; Nov 6, 2005 at 7:36 pm
Old Nov 7, 2005, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bowlernme
Bottom line, the next best code to use next to B999000 (Which can cause you a problem) is A153710. I have used this code several time with no problems at all. It beats the so called "bargain" prices that you can get from Priceline.com or Hotwire.com.

Take my word for it!

:-: :-: :-: :-: :-: :-: :-: :-:
Great advice, bowlernme! My rent in HNL would be USD 220 without the code and USD 161 with the code - provided I pay now. Thank you very much ^

PS: What is the difference between paying now and later? Why would anyone pay later if the price for the first option is better?

OHHHHHH! I saw something now! Paying now means whithout PWD and ALI. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Do I need PWD and ALI at all?

Last edited by Hans Dampf; Nov 7, 2005 at 2:04 pm Reason: I saw something!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 3:05 pm
YUL

Programs: SPG Gold / IHG Spire / Emerald Executive Elite
Last month, I used A153700 for a two week minivan rental in Vegas.
Got it for $612 total, all in. That was a great deal.
During the res. process on Avis.com, I also entered a free gas tank coupon and everything seemed OK.

When I returned my minivan, the clerk could not get the coupon working, and then after some verifications said: "oh, you are an Avis employee! You should have told me before! We can't apply a coupon to an employee rate, didn't you know that?... (I acted like it curiously neved happened to me in the past... bla-bla, and then we had small talks on how we were treated in our respective station )

Anyways, that were some intense moments that could have been quite embarrassing...
(So don't attempt to apply any coupons with above employee codes; that should save you to make a clown of yourself...)

PS Just for info, I saved more than $80 in taxes just by picking the car on the strip (vs LAS airport)

Last edited by YUL; Nov 7, 2005 at 3:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.