Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2005, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
Wait a minute guys, I think we're confusing these codes?!

D005297 = Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***NEW***

D005927 = I have no idea but it seems to get better rates! This is the one themicah and some others used for a great discount, and I've got a few rentals booked with it, thinking it was the Amateur Sports Assistance Program rate. But reviewing this thread it seems people have gotten the two confused. I've searched this thread and can't find what D005927 is.

Can anyone shed any light on this? D005927 has come out a LOT cheaper than D005297 on the rentals I've looked at, but I'd just like to know how I should answer any questions about the rate, and now I'm not sure that the comments that tell me "not to worry" are actually about this rate.
Bump again... the last two posts are examples of how there are two codes with similar numbers that people seem to be mixing up. Since I'm using D005927 in a week or two I'd really like to know what it's for.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 1:55 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Bump again... the last two posts are examples of how there are two codes with similar numbers that people seem to be mixing up. Since I'm using D005927 in a week or two I'd really like to know what it's for.
Same situation here. Nobody ?
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
okay

WHAT IS THIS CODE? D005297

I just used it in the hot miami market for xmas. Instead of 450-500 for a four day rental, it was 179.00$

and anyone know this one?

A180300

it worked well too
Old Dec 22, 2005, 9:09 am

wow

wow, anyone, know what these codes are?
Old Dec 22, 2005, 7:42 pm

*deleted*

Last edited by ezmonee; Mar 2, 2006 at 12:53 am
Old Dec 22, 2005, 8:07 pm

awesome!

how do you get this?

I tried the amateur sports code, and it ROCKED for an upcoming stay in Florida, literally a 60% discount from CRAZY rates.

Has anyone had experience with being asked for backup info?
Old Dec 28, 2005, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Best code for Orlando?

Is Orlando particularly difficult to rent from? I never rent there. It seems that every coupon code I enter (free days, free weekend, upgrade,etc) is blacked out in Orlando. I tried many codes including the Amateur Sports and nothing seems to be any better than my regular favorite code (L093590). I'm renting in MCO from 1/8-1/17 and the best rate I get for a full size is $253 (L093590). Every coupon I tried gets rejected. I thought that Florida was very competitive and that I could do much better trying other codes, but it does not appear to be the case. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 3:48 pm

Location: Usually on a ship looking for oil and gas; Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, Norway, Scotland, India, Congo & Angola, next project who knows? Agreed to CC rules
Programs: AC Altitude E75K/*G, AS MVP, AF/KLM Petroleum Club, BA Blue
I found this AVIS document online by entering "AWD C682300" into google.

http://tinyurl.com/af3rc

The PDF lists the AWD’s for almost every airline FF and hotel program. Turns out C682300 is Air Canada's Aeroplan basic. I tried using C144800 which is Air Canada Super Elite, which I have, and the discount worked out exactly the same. Helpful document

mpc1
Old Dec 28, 2005, 5:45 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by mpc1
I found this AVIS document online by entering "AWD C682300" into google.

http://tinyurl.com/af3rc

The PDF lists the AWD’s for almost every airline FF and hotel program. Turns out C682300 is Air Canada's Aeroplan basic. I tried using C144800 which is Air Canada Super Elite, which I have, and the discount worked out exactly the same. Helpful document

mpc1
Good compilation, thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Looks like it's gone, I get a French-language Swiss Avis page? Anyone save a PDF?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:48 am

So, just a quick report.
Used the ASAP code in FLL over the holiday, the xmas holiday which means $$$

From all car companies, I was looking at 550$ all in, with taxes and fees. I was able to get a rate of 469$ all in with AVIS for some randon AAA code.

but, the ASAP brought it down to 231$ all in!!! Can you f.in belive that!

Saved me more than 300$ for the week.
Did preferred pickup, no questions.
had to return the FIRST car to PBI since the AC didn't work. No questions.
Dropped it off, no questions.

Worked like a charm.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by bob1008
Is Orlando particularly difficult to rent from? I never rent there. It seems that every coupon code I enter (free days, free weekend, upgrade,etc) is blacked out in Orlando. I tried many codes including the Amateur Sports and nothing seems to be any better than my regular favorite code (L093590). I'm renting in MCO from 1/8-1/17 and the best rate I get for a full size is $253 (L093590). Every coupon I tried gets rejected. I thought that Florida was very competitive and that I could do much better trying other codes, but it does not appear to be the case. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Here's one specifically for Florida travel:
K199060

Comes from a major Florida tourism organization and can be used by anyone.

Saved more than every code I've seen here so far.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FinsUp99
Here's one specifically for Florida travel:
K199060
Comes from a major Florida tourism organization and can be used by anyone.
Thanks but it came out higher than L093590. ASAP code came out the same as the L code, but the L code has the free LDW insurance cap of $3k which makes it the best deal (for me anyway). I just thought that since Florida was so competitive, I might find a better rate somehow.

Renting : MCO 1/8-1/17
Full Size
K199060 - 256.73
L093590 - 253.70 w/ free LDW
ASAP - 253.60

Wow.. while I was typing this reply, I tried a couple more codes just for the heck of it. I can't believe it... but the Costco code beat all the others with a rate of $230.79. I don't think we'll ever figure out how these discount codes really work. In any case, for me the free LDW is worth the extra $23, and I'm going to stick with L093590. (unless I come up with a code that gets me below $200)
Old Jan 3, 2006, 4:15 am

Just got done w/ one-way rental Nevada to California. Used D005297 (ASAP), no questions asked or problems encountered.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:06 pm

reliable Avis discount code

Code V531165 (Gabrielle, Inc.) helped me secure a great rate at on a weekly rental in Austin at avis.com

Last edited by jcsigg; Jan 5, 2006 at 6:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.