Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2006, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by ezmonee
l282800 is another type of code, the percent code, its like a 30% disc off the current tier rate.
I am absolutely astounded at what a great rate this code provides. Does this code require affiliation with some group or ID to be presented when picking up the car? Or can anyone simply use it? Thx!
Old Jan 17, 2006, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by acslayta
I am absolutely astounded at what a great rate this code provides. Does this code require affiliation with some group or ID to be presented when picking up the car? Or can anyone simply use it? Thx!
I would just use it and if your asked, tell them you got it from united airlines and you dont remember where.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 9:59 am

I would just use it and if your asked, tell them you got it from united airlines and you dont remember where.
Gotcha. Thanks for the quick reply
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:02 am

Need Help

If I use this code: A153700 Avis Employee Discount Rate, will they find out who's employee or not?
Old Jan 17, 2006, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by acslayta
I just tried l282800 on avis.com and it tells me the AWD number I entered was invalid? Anyone?
Old Jan 17, 2006, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by superman26
If I use this code: A153700 Avis Employee Discount Rate, will they find out who's employee or not?
Welcome to FT, superman!

This code has been discussed many times (the search function is your friend), but I'll give you the executive summary: don't use it, you will likely be asked for ID/letter of authorization, and if you can't provide it, you will either walk or pay walk up rates.

Check the earlier pages of this thread for more detail.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 4:49 pm

deleted

Last edited by dinise; Jan 18, 2006 at 4:37 am
Old Jan 17, 2006, 5:17 pm

[QUOTE=dinise]

I got a really good rate using the rate A074800 (citi financial leasure group) that ezmonee had recommended awhile back. But the funny thing is when I put my wizard number in the rate is doubled!!! So I didin't put it in, its for a two day rental in Long Beach, Anyone know why I can't put the wizard number in and have to check in at the counter?QUOTE]

So far that's the best I could find I just hope it's a good one I use the one from my bank (USAA) A177232 which is a military and they don't ask nothing. If anybody can find a better price please let me know

Last edited by superman26; Jan 17, 2006 at 5:19 pm
Old Jan 17, 2006, 6:26 pm

never mind I just read throught the last couple pages of the thread.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by lt1GM
I just tried l282800 on avis.com and it tells me the AWD number I entered was invalid? Anyone?
L282800 works just fine. I just used it.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 8:32 am

L282800 works just fine. I just used it.
You're right, it works for me too. Strange, maybe an avis.com fluke...
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Ezmonee,

I'm a Preferred Select member and I was trying to follow your suggestion a few posts above.

I edited my Wizard profile and changed my AWD in the profile from my employer's to A074800, the Citifinancial one. When I tried making a reservation subsequently on avis.com, the site still says that the AWD# does not match my profile!

Is there like a time period that has to pass for the system to "recognize" my new AWD#? Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2006, 6:21 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by gowest
Ezmonee,

I'm a Preferred Select member and I was trying to follow your suggestion a few posts above.

I edited my Wizard profile and changed my AWD in the profile from my employer's to A074800, the Citifinancial one. When I tried making a reservation subsequently on avis.com, the site still says that the AWD# does not match my profile!

Is there like a time period that has to pass for the system to "recognize" my new AWD#? Thanks
I tried this also....the system did NOT accept my change to the AWD, saying it was "invalid". I suspect the Company name must change as well.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 6:11 pm

Programs: Former COA Silver; AVIS Chairmans Club; AOPA
Originally Posted by Caribe
I tried this also....the system did NOT accept my change to the AWD, saying it was "invalid". I suspect the Company name must change as well.
Understanding that this is a very long (26 page) thread --- and all of these recent AWDs questions have been addressed before --- here's a quick answer to your dilemma.

1) It's been posted a million times --- Do not use the AVIS EMPLOYEES' Discount AWD#. You will get in trouble.
2) It is your WIZARD number that determines which AWD#s are compatible and which are not.
3) For example, the AWD#D005297 (Amateur Sports Assistance Program) works with my WIZ#, gives a great discount and never requires ID proof.
4) On the other hand, AWD#A074800 Citigroup is incompatible with my WIZ# but it can be used if the WIZ# is omitted from the reservation.
5) By omitting the WIZ#, one loses out on getting rental credits for Preferred Select status and also doesn't get the automatic upgrades.

Moral: If you want Preferred Select status and upgrades and a good price, use an AWD# that is compatible with your WIZ# and does not require proof of membership. (I use D005297).
Old Jan 23, 2006, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by N9MD
Moral: If you want Preferred Select status and upgrades and a good price, use an AWD# that is compatible with your WIZ# and does not require proof of membership. (I use D005297).

Tried changing my AWD# to D0005297 by deleting my old AWD#, logging out, and then logging back in (even cleared cookies & cache), but the Avis system will not allow the change.

What's also confusing in this very long thread is the right combination of what Rate Code works with AWD#.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.