Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2005, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YUL
Last month, I used A153700 When I returned my minivan, the clerk could not get the coupon working, and then after some verifications said: "oh, you are an Avis employee! You should have told me before! We can't apply a coupon to an employee rate, didn't you know that?... (I acted like it curiously neved happened to me in the past... bla-bla, and then we had small talks on how we were treated in our respective station )
Anyways, that were some intense moments that could have been quite embarrassing...
(vs LAS airport)
I'm surprised to hear that people are getting away with that code. It's been talked about over and over again on here, and it seems that people say that you are always asked for your "Managers Letter" on Avis Stationary when that code is used. Maybe things have changed, or maYbe these are just two very lucky renters.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by bob1008
I'm surprised to hear that people are getting away with that code. It's been talked about over and over again on here, and it seems that people say that you are always asked for your "Managers Letter" on Avis Stationary when that code is used. Maybe things have changed, or maYbe these are just two very lucky renters.

Avis locations get Quality inspected every 30-60 days or so. When they come in, they examine every Managers letter collected vs. the number of times the A153700 code is used. The non letters are compared to employees that work at THAT location. any left over names is a fail on inspection and a call to Avis Security.

The location will catch grief and they will get inspected more often, and have the security dept stop in without notice to check those areas. The point is it may have worked this time, but next time could be quite different.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:50 am

looking for an awd that includes cdw and ali/sli in SFO, as our european creditcards do not cover the insurances relating to car hire in the US i need these insurances to be included in the rate.

Thanks for any awd that you think might do the job.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 1:29 pm

We used the Avis coupon code A153700 at the end of August to reserve a premium car, without knowing that this was the employee discount code because our friend passed it to us. At the time of pick up, the agent told us we were not eligible for this code. However he did let us used it and we signed the contract. A week later when we returned the car, they took the code away and basically doubled the price. We felt it absurd and didn't sign the 2nd contract. Now we got collection letter from Avis asking for payment for the additional charges.

My question is, is this one worth fighting for? Does the first rental agreement become binding contract once it signed? There is no clause in that contract that said anything about coupon codes. Can they trick customer with a cheap rate at front to get more business, then jack up the price afterwards?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:30 am

in short, your screwed. msg me directly and ill try to help.

Even if the employee told you "I will let this slip by this one time.", All businesses have the right to correct billing errors. That is how they would play this in court or arbitration. Then the judge would say "did you accept the car, "premimum class" for X number of days, which is listed as XX.XX per day?"

you would have to say yes. You would argue that you have a signed agreement, then avis would present the agreement addendum, located on the inside of the rental jacket, for which the signed contract refers to. In there, it states that your rate is subject to audit. No matter what, you must pay for the rate that you originally signed, if you have not done so already. Then the difference could be negotated. How you do that is up to you, but I would pay the undisputed portion, then using a rate for a similiar time of year, similar length of time, apply an AWD code that you are eligible for, and pay that portion.

Dont admit wrongdoing, tell them that it was a misunderstanding and you are paying for the portion that you owe based on a similar rate that you are eligible for.

In either case, you are probably on the Do not Rent list. Getting off that list will prove more difficult. This is a good example for everyone why its extremely risky to use the a153700 code.

Originally Posted by littleAlyssa
We used the Avis coupon code A153700 at the end of August to reserve a premium car, without knowing that this was the employee discount code because our friend passed it to us. At the time of pick up, the agent told us we were not eligible for this code. However he did let us used it and we signed the contract. A week later when we returned the car, they took the code away and basically doubled the price. We felt it absurd and didn't sign the 2nd contract. Now we got collection letter from Avis asking for payment for the additional charges.

My question is, is this one worth fighting for? Does the first rental agreement become binding contract once it signed? There is no clause in that contract that said anything about coupon codes. Can they trick customer with a cheap rate at front to get more business, then jack up the price afterwards?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 8:41 am

Programs: Sixt,M&M,MC
Originally Posted by gnaget
So D005927 is 40% now in Germany..... that's the same as the old USC code. Maybe the % varies based on various factors. A few years ago I used another D code, which was related to a small business conference. Suddenly the effectiveness dropped to around 10% from 30-40%.

It is easy to spot the discount in Europe. It's right on the contract.

Also, watch out regarding the use of codes in the US on weekends. Actually avis.com corrects it for you. I was renting in LAX with a very good USD 19.99 rate per day. Since there are no surcharges (off airport property?) in LAX, rentals are remarkbly cheap. However, the normal rate was actually 17.99, so the net amount with tax was around 20. On my contract the D005927 is not there and it was replaced by A888813. This might be the National Motorists Assoc code that I think I originally used when I registered with Avis Preferred. If not then I am curious how it appeared.......

Do i need some sort of id to use the D005927 code ? Organisation ?

Thanks

Kwoj
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I just booked a week long rental in Auckland, NZ using the D086533 code, and saved almost 20%. Without any code the price quoted was 302.00 NZD, but using this code the rate went down to 243.00 NZD. That is the base rate, prior to taxes and surcharges.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ezmonee
in short, your screwed.

In either case, you are probably on the Do not Rent list. Getting off that list will prove more difficult. This is a good example for everyone why its extremely risky to use the a153700 code.
I don't understand why people on this board keep trying to use these codes that will cause them major embarassment, or in this case, much worse. It's just not worth it for a few extra bucks. Find a code or two that gives you a consistantly good rate with no restrictions (my favorite is L093590) and just stick with it.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kwoj

Thanks

Kwoj
I used this code in Germany in October with no problems, there was no request for any Amateur Sports Advancement Program documentation. Got a very good rate. No one else has reported any issues with this AWD either.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 12:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by kwoj
Originally Posted by SportsTech
I used this code in Germany in October with no problems, there was no request for any Amateur Sports Advancement Program documentation. Got a very good rate. No one else has reported any issues with this AWD either.
Wait a minute guys, I think we're confusing these codes?!

D005297 = Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***NEW***

D005927 = I have no idea but it seems to get better rates! This is the one themicah and some others used for a great discount, and I've got a few rentals booked with it, thinking it was the Amateur Sports Assistance Program rate. But reviewing this thread it seems people have gotten the two confused. I've searched this thread and can't find what D005927 is.

Can anyone shed any light on this? D005927 has come out a LOT cheaper than D005297 on the rentals I've looked at, but I'd just like to know how I should answer any questions about the rate, and now I'm not sure that the comments that tell me "not to worry" are actually about this rate.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 1:21 am

Avis

Do anybody have any discount code for Puerto Rico? I really need one as soon as possible. I tried several of the one above but did not work. All the code are seven digits but the Avis website only required 6. Which digit do you drop first or last one?
Old Nov 20, 2005, 5:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by nakima0613
Do anybody have any discount code for Puerto Rico? I really need one as soon as possible. I tried several of the one above but did not work. All the code are seven digits but the Avis website only required 6. Which digit do you drop first or last one?
Are you sure you're not trying to put the discount code into the Wizard Number field? The Wizard Number is six characters. The seven-character discount code (usually a letter followed by six numbers) goes into the "Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD):" field.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 12:00 pm

Programs: Sixt,M&M,MC
Hi,

What could be the possible consequences if i use an AWD that im not entitled to use ?
Lets say i use an US Code in Germany and are a German.

Did they Report me to the Police?
Do i get on the Black List ?

thanks

kwoj
Old Nov 23, 2005, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
Can anyone shed any light on this? D005927 has come out a LOT cheaper than D005297 on the rentals I've looked at, but I'd just like to know how I should answer any questions about the rate, and now I'm not sure that the comments that tell me "not to worry" are actually about this rate.
Bump
Old Nov 23, 2005, 11:17 pm

I have a 5 day rental for ogg in late January. I was wondering if there were any free day coupons floating around I could use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.