Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2005, 1:57 pm

I've tried D005297, D005298, D005291 for a reservation at CDG in late September for 3 weeks and, while all show a hefty discount, when I try to book them it says "negotiated rates apply. contact your travel coordinator..." Anyone know if this means the codes are no good anymore or if it's a temporary problem with avis.com? By the way, I tried booking with no AWD and it gave me the same message, even for the regular leisure rate. However, when I use P400000 I get a lesser reduction but it will let me go ahead and book it. Strange.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by abezebabe
Great info. Question, is this a corp rate? In otherwords, this rate is avail for employees only and I may be asked for id?
This rate, by the way, lowered the best rate I was able to find by another $5 per day. I'm not going to sweat it though, and keep the rate I have, but was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this?
*deleted*

Last edited by ezmonee; Mar 2, 2006 at 12:58 am
Old Aug 6, 2005, 3:45 pm

Interested in your comments Norodnik on Avis D005297

Originally Posted by norodnik
just made a reservation with D005297 and it reduced the price from £156 to £116 which is pretty good.

Just out of interest, I checked the T&C's and it made no reference to using an AWD at all (whether valid or not). I also had a brief look at the website and all I found was some instruction saying to put in an AWD code if you have one (again, did not mention whether valid or not)

Where does it say about entitlement and proof or otherwise?

Will post back after May 10th as to whether I had any hassle with the above.
Hi Norodnik:

How was your trip and the use of coupon D005297? I booked it for my trip to Ireland in October and it is a big savings. Really want to hear your ease of use (?) of that coupon. Please post back.

Gwen
Old Aug 6, 2005, 4:40 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bousquet
Do you know a good code to rent a car in Australia (with oneway Sydney-Darwin) ?
I've had good luck with D005927 on a one-way weekend rental in TAS.

(Note: not to be confused with D005297.)
Old Aug 16, 2005, 1:41 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Thumbs up

Successfully used A153700 for a Thu-Sun weekend rental in Guam. Booked through main avis.com site. Base rate went from $135 to $106 incl. CDW and TP. No ID requested. The car was a worn out Mitsubishi Mirage with 40k on the clock though, but blended in well with the local cars... I know a Hawaiian rental is half as much, but not much choice in Guam. Local agencies were asking $35 a day.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 5:40 pm

Smile K319300 good till 8/22/05

Little late on this one, but its still good through the weekend. I hope it helps someone......

TERMS & CONDITIONS

The savings of up to 20% applies to Avis leisure weekly, weekend and daily rates and is applicable only to the time and mileage charges of the entire rental. Taxes, concession recovery fees, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA), optional item charges and other surcharges may apply and are extra. Please mention AWD K319300 to take advantage of this offer. Offer is available for U.S. and Canadian residents only on rentals at participating U.S. locations. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other AWD number, promotion or offer. Weekly rates require a 5-day minimum rental. Weekend rate available Thursday noon; car must be returned by Monday 11:59 p.m., or a higher rate will apply. A Saturday night stay-over and an advance reservation may be required. Daily rate requires a 1-day minimum with a 4-day maximum rental allowed, Sunday through Wednesday pick up and must be returned by Thursday midnight. Offer subject to vehicle availability and may not apply to some rates, or car groups at some times. Car rental return restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice. Holiday and other blackout periods may apply. Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age is 25, but may vary by location. Discount valid on rentals checked between 7/19/2005 and 8/22/2005.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Does anyone know what code B999000 is from? It gave me some excellent rates in Las Vegas. Would like to know where it came from in case anyone asks.

Robert

Gave me a caddy in Vegas for 50.00 for a 2 day rental...

Forget that one. After it confirmed price it gave me an error message as an invalid code!!!
Old Aug 19, 2005, 8:28 pm

What is the best code for Canada, and If i use the 153700 is it valid for age 21-25?
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:31 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by robertw477
Does anyone know what code B999000 is from? It gave me some excellent rates in Las Vegas. Would like to know where it came from in case anyone asks.

Robert

Gave me a caddy in Vegas for 50.00 for a 2 day rental...

Forget that one. After it confirmed price it gave me an error message as an invalid code!!!

Read this page... http://64.78.185.85/forum/showthread...=344152&page=2
Old Aug 22, 2005, 9:57 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Thank you!

Just wanted to say thank you, as I used D005297 this weekend in downtown San Francisco and saved a bundle. Got upgraded to a Cadillac DeVille also!!
Old Aug 26, 2005, 3:40 am

Isnt A153700 an employee code?
Old Aug 29, 2005, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tazmania
Isnt A153700 an employee code?
yes
Old Aug 29, 2005, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by JackBauer
What is the best code for Canada, and If i use the 153700 is it valid for age 21-25?
a153700 is for employees over 21 (id checked in most cases) and family members over 25.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 3:23 am

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Does anyone have a rate code that I code use? I'm looking to rent a vehicle for 1 day in December, from Vegas to LA.

Many thanks
Old Aug 30, 2005, 3:45 am

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
what code is this

Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
Bob1008's L093590 worked well recently in Skagway, Alaska, where Avis is the only "name" agency. A $72 daily rate became $52, and there were no questions. In fact, the AWD number did not even appear on any of the documents printed at the location, although I of course entered the number on the on line reservation.

Interestingly, there was a sign posted that Canadian residents are not allowed by Canadian customs to drive into Canada with a US-plated rental car. Talk about a police state.
May I ask what code is this? It gave quite a substantial discount..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.