Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2005, 1:28 pm

Why would there be undercarriage damage?

Originally Posted by ezmonee
rental cars use leasing agreement nowadays. When a car sustains damage in the undercarriage (and they are very specific about it), the car is yours, you cannot turn it back to the car company. a company like avis/Cendant will buy 40,000 cars and not even blink per month. Those cars are "leased" under specific programs with GM and other manufacturers. After a certain amount of time, and a certain amount of miles, the car is eligible for "turn back" to the manufacturer. If the car exceeds that mileage, or exceeds that time, the car is yours and the full price of the car is charged to you.

At turn back, an inspection is done. 99% of the time that cars are rejected, (other than too many miles or too long) the cars are turned back due to undercarriage damage, from off road driving. This is the primary reason they do not want you going off road. Sure its safe if you go slow but if you bottom out once, and bend the wrong part (even if the car operates properly) the car is theirs and they must liquidate it through auto auction yards (and up until recently, car dealerships owned by the rental company).

Technically, if the car was inspected and the rover agent upon checkin spotted the undercarriage damage, you would be responsible for the damage to repair the car. However they do not have the time or the means to jack up every car and inspect for off road damage.

You are making the assumption that driving on an unpaved road results in undercarriage damage. This is like assuming that driving on an urban road results in a collision.

It's simply not true, again, unless people drive like idiots.

Many unpaved roads are in excellent condition. I drove a rental from Alaska on unpaved Yukon highways in 1986 at speeds exceeding 60mph. The roads were in better condition than similar Alaska roads due to the absence of pavement buckling from frost heaves.

As roads get more difficult, speed must be reduced. And, at 5 or 10 miles an hour, one can clear many problem areas easily. There is no undercarriage damage.

All it takes is good sense.

I drive these roads in a rental car in the same manner as I drive my own car on them.

Stop discriminating against unpaved roads! The commentary sounds like people have never driven on unpaved roads.

BTW, what happens in a construction zone, when pavement has been removed from a highway for 10 miles? Does the rental car trip come to a stop?

Last edited by Reindeerflame; Jun 11, 2005 at 1:30 pm
Old Jun 11, 2005, 3:12 pm

Programs: Peaked at AA PLT in '04 (Thanks to FT!) Dropped to Gold in '05, Trying 'Gold Challenge' for '06 :(
AWD D0052091 + OZ as Residence = 40% Off at Dublin Airport

Hi there folks,

Just wanted to confirm another successful Avis discount deal booked online - Using Avis.com I booked an Intermediate car (Group F = Nissan Primera Automatic) the day before I needed it for collection/return at Dublin airport - starting 31st May for 5 days. I used the discount code AWD D0052091 (Actually I copied this # from the receipt - it does have an extra '0' in the middle, but I've checked and both versions work fine.) I picked the country of residence of Australia which got me a nice big 40% discount (The rate included basic CDW and Theft Protection and unlimited mileage.) Thanks very much to those who posted the relevant info so I got this discount! ^ :-: ^

It did take a while to complete the paperwork at Avis' Dublin Airport Terminal desk, mainly because it was the guy's first week on duty. He had to keep checking stuff with the other staff which was a wee bit nerve-wracking for us... The way they calculated the costs on their form was slightly different and confusing too, but there were no problems really and nothing was queried regarding the discount or country codes.

By the way, I recommend you review the damage on your vehicle compared to the marks on the inspection form carefully prior to driving the car away. We were made aware of some marks on the car by the Avis guy and the inspection form which we had to sign at the desk (without seeing the car). I did sign the form but added 'NOT inspected', just in case it was even worse than we imagined! When we went to collect the car, it did have a surprising amount of damaged paintwork, particularly down the nearside. Still, it appeared to be superficial stuff (and marked on the inspection form) and was just fine inside so we took off on our trip.

Well, once we reached Cork and Kerry the exterior damage became much more understandable... The countryside there in the south west of Eire is totally fabulous but extremely narrow and twisty... If I hadn't been used to driving on the left in a right-hand drive car I would probably have been miserable - trying to avoid flying off a cliff or bumping along the side of the rocks or the tour buses! If you're a right lane/left-hand driver, you might want to consider the top-up CDW that removes the 500 Euro damage liability excess... and chosing an automatic would be a huge help too - During our trip we met several US couples with some hair-raising and hilarious tales about driving on the 'wrong' side in a manual car.

Actually the whole time we spent in Eire was wonderful. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we lost track of time vs distances... on our last morning we realised we would never make it back to Dublin in time and would have to change our return flights and car drop off location from Dublin to Cork. When we called Avis' customer service they happily changed the booking without making any additional charges, which was a very pleasant surprise.

Avis' staff at their Cork Airport yard were very obliging too. We were a bit concerned because we hadn't managed to clean the car en route to the airport and it was covered in salt spray and sand when we turned it in. (We had refilled the petrol tank ourselves as arranged (it was full when we collected it) The Avis chap didn't even bat an eyelid about the dirtiness, saying, "Don't worry, that's nothing that a quick run through the car-wash won't fix. You get back in and I'll drop you at the terminal." Splendid service.

Lastly...

1. There's a petrol station almost next door to the Avis yard at Cork Airport (and the yard is only a minute or two from the terminal.)
2. I've since received another copy of the Avis receipt through the post and there are no unexpected/additional charges added.

All the best,

Last edited by WebbyWunda; Jun 14, 2005 at 8:29 pm Reason: Clarity & Typo
Old Jun 12, 2005, 5:36 am

First of all, I am not making any assumptions. Dont speak to me like my last name is "avis". I am clarifying issues here, why THEY use that as an excuse to invalidate insurance clauses and LDW. I work there, I dont make the policies. Someone needs to chill.

The easiest phrase to catch all "prohibited" activites is to say "no off paved road driving" instead of "no jeep trails, potholes greater than 18 inches, and because you have a jeep its okay as long as you use common sense, but as long as you drive the car as you would your own and use good judgement when driving on country unpaved roads."

Legally its easier to just say "no off finished/paved roads" PERIOD.

Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
It's simply not true, again, unless people drive like idiots.

As roads get more difficult, speed must be reduced. And, at 5 or 10 miles an hour, one can clear many problem areas easily. There is no undercarriage damage.

All it takes is good sense.

I drive these roads in a rental car in the same manner as I drive my own car on them.

If they did use good sense (and honestly, there is a good 20% out there who rent who dont) then they got nothing to worry about. I have personally called tow trucks for chrysler sebrings stuck in the sand 5 feet from the waters edge, usually about 45 feet off the road, at least( happened 5 times this year already), High centered on jeep trails stuck in ditches off unpaved roads and stuck in sand dunes in the desert, and honest to freaking god 145 feet off the road in a cornfield. Hell I even had to reclaim a rental car from a police impound lot after the renter tried to pick up an undercover cop for sex.

Common sense following people dont get into situations like that. If you want to drive on unfinished roads, thats your business. Just remember that wether you have coverage or not, you are responsible for the full price of the car until it is returned, then if any damage is detected, its your bill as well. That rule applies on roads as well. LDW and standard roadside may be denied, or even billed back to you, if you violate the contract. It sounds like you know what your doing on country/unfinished roads. Fine. A great deal of people in america have NEVER driven on roads like that. Now thats not an assumption, thats fact.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
AWD P2201035 seems to work well for me in Vegas

Just thought i'd share. I used country of residence as Australia, and P2201035 as the AWD and it saved me about $149 for a 4 day rental
Old Jun 14, 2005, 4:48 pm

Does anyone have a current code that offers a real discount for Mexico? For whatever reason, codes seem to have little impact on rentals there. I'd appreciate any input.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:24 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by ausbj
Just thought i'd share. I used country of residence as Australia, and P2201035 as the AWD and it saved me about $149 for a 4 day rental
Thanks - worked pretty well for me - saved about $15 in DEN.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 8:58 am

Thumbs up ASAP code

Is that the ASAP (Amateur Sports Assistance Program) code? I don't remember the code, but I used it with great success for a rental in Paris last year. I got a great little Opel of 9 days (unlimited miles) for about $306 and there was absolutely no question about the code. Whoever posted it said that anybody could use the code and for every 15 or 20 times it was used, a free day of rental would be provided to travelling amateur athletes such as those preparing for Olympic trials. A big thank you to whoever posted that code.

Originally Posted by bob1008
Why do they keep eliminating this thread? Do we start another?

Well.. I guess I'll start it off. My most reliable for consistantly low rates, unlimited miles, free LDW, and no hassle is still L093590.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
Sounds good, except ordinary persons cannot reasonably be held to know what's in the fine print. The minor transgression likely would be offset by the carrier not doing due diligence to verify that the customer is eligible for a discount. If this is really important to the carrier, they need to be more proactive, such as reading the contract terms to the customer before the customer signs.
Reindeerflame:
Are you a lawyer? May be you are correct, a good lawyer may win such a case... but you are on very thin ice... at the end of the day, a "reasonable" judge might argue that it was "fraud" giving false information, using an AWD ...

Have I used "wrong" AWD's - Yes.
Was it correct - No.

I stopped using "wrong" AWD's - I stopped using Avis after I found out, that US-residents charged 40% more than European residents..
Old Jun 23, 2005, 4:52 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
Smile I have NO idea

Picked up a flyer from a bank counter -- Michigan USA (passing 'em out like candy):
AWD# B469278 , with attached coupons:
= MUGG944 - $20 off weekly 5-day
= TUGB333 - Free Weekend Day

/.

Last edited by CaveatEmpty; Jun 24, 2005 at 8:24 am Reason: syntax
Old Jun 24, 2005, 9:13 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by CaveatEmpty
Picked up a flyer from a bank counter -- Michigan USA (passing 'em out like candy):
AWD# B469278 , with attached coupons:
= MUGG944 - $20 off weekly 5-day
= TUGB333 - Free Weekend Day

/.
Tried this for Jul. 15th for two days at DEN, and it said "This coupon cannot be used on these dates."
Old Jun 24, 2005, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Tried this for Jul. 15th for two days at DEN, and it said "This coupon cannot be used on these dates."
I just tried it for DEN July 7-12 and both worked. But not a real bargain. In fact the savings for the cheapest car was $5 under the walk-in rate.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 3:09 pm

australia

Do you know a good code to rent a car in Australia (with oneway Sydney-Darwin) ?
Old Jun 26, 2005, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by MartinElk
I've been keeping track of these Avis Discount Codes in an Excel spreadsheet since the first post, so here's a list of all the ones I copied from the various posts.

It's nice to be able to give back this information for everyone!

AWD # Name / System:
A076600 Compuserve Travel Forum
A108300 Unknown
A108303 Costco ***Good Rate***
A108325 Costco ***Good Rate***
A108335 Costco ***Good Rate***
A113400 State of FL employee rate-->EXCELLENT RATE!!
A153700 Avis Employee Discount Rate
A359800 Unknown
A733315 Priority Pass
B021615 Walmart
B116099 Cheap Premium Car rate at LAX
B254700 Savers Clubs of America
B335100 Unknown
B449700 Unknown, Supposedly a great rate-Yes!!!!
B790000 Entertainment
B868700 Unknown, Supposedly a great rate
B900000 Generic AAA code
B935221 Sam's Club
B973000 Gusto Card
B999000 Unknown
D002807 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***Expired***
D005297 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***NEW***
D005620 Unknown
D086533 Marshall School of Business of USC **Good Rate**
D086689 American Association of Engineers-35% Discount?
D331000 Unknown
J098440 Canon Communications
J868801 Unknown-As good as D002807?
K020500 America West FlightFund
K163324 Florida Space Coast Golf Association, AAU Rate
K197800 Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
K250544 Underage Discount Rate
K305600 Unknown
K305800 Unknown
K306000 Marco Polo
K501300 Unknown-Better than D002807? Not so far!
K666403 Unknown
K747902 Unknown
K774100 Avis Online Discount
K817100 American Airlines AAdvantage
K817421 Unknown
K817600 Delta Air Lines SkyMiles
K817700 Unknown
K851000 Hilton HHonors
K860600 Starwood Preferred Guest-Great for Hawaii
L093590 Kellwood ***Max $3K Liablity***Good Rate***
L149332 Optimum Club?-Good Discount in STL
L237904 “for the best discount”? Yes, in some places
P400000 Tourism Association ***Good Rate***
T844211 Unknown
Z284372 Cheaper than Costco Rate?

Thanks, excellent contribution. ^ ^
Old Jun 29, 2005, 7:17 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
A113400 State of FL employee rate-->EXCELLENT RATE!!

Got a great rate for SLC over 4th of July weekend with this one. It seemed to knock out some of the taxes/fees too. I am not sure if they will ask for ID when I attempt to pick the car up though. Any experiences with this one?
Old Jun 30, 2005, 7:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
Has anyone tried using A153700- Avis Employee Rate? This was BY FAR the lowest rate I could find for 10 days in FLL Aug 26 - Sept 3. But I'm really nervous about using it in case they ask for some form of ID or proof.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.