Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2006, 11:15 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by gre
Check it out. With some of these codes the final res page specifically says loss damage waiver (LDW) excluded. I've never rented a car in Australia so I don't know how important LDW is or whether or not my Visa Plat card is enough.
Anyone?

I think not having liability is a problem since your U.S. car insurance company doesn't act as primary insurance once you drive outside the country. That would mean you're driving without insurance in AUS and I think our VISA cards only offer Collision -- CDW. This is good to know -- if the savings is coming from exlcusions of insurance coverage that we need to purchase back...
Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:04 pm

I just got off the phone with VISA benefits -- the agent told me that Liability is something we need to purchase separately from AVIS if we're renting internationally. In the VISA benefits package it says to decline CDW/LDW but she said the LDW doesn't stand for liability, it stands for Loss Damage Waiver. She said that the words Collision and Loss are used interchangeably and to not confuse Loss with Liability which is separate.

So, i guess I need to contact AVIS since my quote also says that Liability was "declined"...
Old Mar 22, 2006, 1:06 pm
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
No insurance?

So I just talked to my insurance guy and he said that no company except USAA for the military provides liability insurance while driving outside the US or Canada. His understanding is that platinum cards provide no liability insurance either.

So it seems that every time I've rented a car internationally in the last 10 years I've been driving without insurance.

Now I'm looking at the Avis site and I don't even see any liability insurance offered? Anyone know what the deal is?
Old Mar 22, 2006, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
...So it seems that every time I've rented a car internationally in the last 10 years I've been driving without insurance...
Not necessarily. I know for a fact that in Germany, (unlimited?) liability insurance for car rentals is mandated by law, and all rates for car rentals quoted there must include it.

I think (but don't know) that may be the case in other EU countries.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sunnenman
... I tried A282800 and it stopped working. Any ideas on another code I can use without any problems. Thanks
-jim

ps this is my first post here. great site!
First, welcome to FT! I have saved many a $$$ using flyertalk. But, I have noticed the same thing, L282800 ("L", not "A") seems to have no effect anymore on a recurring rental for me.

I currently have a reservation using that code with a lower price for June, will that be honored?

ezmonee??
Old Mar 22, 2006, 1:46 pm

Here is Avis' response to my inquiry about renting a car in Spain with liability insurance:

"Thank you for contacting Avis.

Avis rates include, at no additional cost, compulsory car insurance and complementary public liability insurance and surety with unlimited guarantees, as well as insurance coverage for car damage by fire.
Not included in damage to the car due to collision, theft, acts of vandalism, or any theft of personal property, death or injury to the hirer or passengers traveling in the Avis car.

If we can be of further assistance, let us know.

Thank you for choosing Avis.

Shirley/21430322
www.avis.com"

Last edited by fishee; Mar 22, 2006 at 1:54 pm
Old Mar 22, 2006, 2:11 pm
gre

I've been checking some other rental companies and at least one states that the rental includes mandatory liabilty insurance. I assume that if its mandatory and included at one, its mandatory and included at all.

Looks like I'll just book with the D005927 AWD and assume it includes liability coverage.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I don't know if I would just assume that.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IC Amb, Citi Prestige
I have searched the forums but couldn't find an answer to my question:
I do not own a car, so I don't have any kind of insurance, yet I have a credit card that entitles me to free CDW/LDW whenever I rent a car. When I rent a car in the US - am I covered for liability insurance by the renting company?
Old Mar 22, 2006, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by irotem
I have searched the forums but couldn't find an answer to my question:
I do not own a car, so I don't have any kind of insurance, yet I have a credit card that entitles me to free CDW/LDW whenever I rent a car. When I rent a car in the US - am I covered for liability insurance by the renting company?
Yes, at least according to the email that AVIS sent me above, the liability is built into the price with them -- your CC would function as primary insurance for collision since you don't have any other car insurance policy (if you're just named on another policy, I don't know if that counts as having insurance but maybe check on this with VISA/MC).
Old Mar 23, 2006, 7:56 am
gre

Avis insurance in Australia

From Avis CS:

Yes when renting in Australia the Avis vehicles come with Unlimited Public Liability and property damage.
Public liability covers injury or death to persons outside the Avis vehicle and Property damage covers damage to property other than the Avis vehicle or renter or passenger's property.

Thank you for choosing Avis.

Stella/12570323
Old Mar 23, 2006, 8:09 am

Thanks Stella, but what about the US?
Old Mar 23, 2006, 8:13 am
gre

Thanks Stella, but what about the US?
Email her and ask - she responded to me in less than an hour.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 8:32 am

My apologies... hehehe... I thought u were Stella. Didn't read it right... Can u plz give me her email address?
Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:37 am
gre

My apologies... hehehe... I thought u were Stella. Didn't read it right... Can u plz give me her email address?
Avis homepage>Customer Service>Reservation Questions (or something like that).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.