FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only
Old Jan 31, 2010, 7:03 pm
themicah

Folks, is it really necessary to jump all over the guy like that?

I agree that Avis could be focusing their customer service efforts in better ways. But if they're going to be cracking down on "unauthorized" code usage, I'd rather they post something here telling us they're doing it rather than just going out and doing it and screwing up our reservations (as they did to a family member who had been using D005297 for years, and then was told one day it was an "expired" code not valid any more and he'd have to pony up rack rate).

Meanwhile, Mr. Letts, any chance you could arrange for a good code for FTers to use in a legit way? The folks on this board are pretty savvy about finding the best deal. If you can offer a code that consistently prices a little lower than your competition yet still lets us use your Preferred Service, I think you'll find a lot of us using Avis a lot more often. And if you tell us that unless we're affiliated with some giant business that's negotiated special rates, we're relegated to paying close to retail, we'll find a better deal elsewhere.