Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Google dorks help always

http://www.google.com/#q=filetype:pd...=1920&bih=1069

You may change the filetypedf to filetype:xls or doc or whatever and also the search parameters to past week / past 24 hours and so on.

Enjoy. Lots of useful AWD's around.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:08 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
one way coupon

I need a good one-way coupon for the following route

dtw-cle/cle-iad/dca or dtw-iad/dca
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:18 am

Wanted to say thanks for the info in this thread.

I rented a compact car for 9 days from our small local airport for a trip for about 240. I got there and they offered me a Kia Sorento upgrade at no charge so I took it. While on the way home to pack my wife who was following me noticed the plates expired in July. Called to talk to them, got run around on the phone for ever and finally emergency roadside said I needed to take it back. Honestly I was pissed, another trip to the airport, missed going to the bank since it's now closed. The guy offered me a Murano. He said he couldn't offered me any discount now, but when I returned it he could take some off. In the end I got the Murano for 9 days for $167 instead of the almost $500 regular rental for it.

Thanks FT.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:52 am

X400270

Fletch14: What is your company's name. I called AVIS to book it and they asked me name. They also said that counter may ask for ID if not certainly name of the company for this code's validity. WOuld appreciate if you could provide that....

Originally Posted by fletch14
X400270 I own this code 10/1-10/2 rental one way I get under 50 for the one way. You won't be asked for an ID for sure. Remember to sign up for there preferred service as well

Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:50 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Does anybody know/have any good codes for a 4 day rental from SBA in California?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Do I have any hope of finding a deal on a mini van rental? It seems like every coupon/code I find doesn't include the van category, which seems to be treated as kind of a premium class. I'm looking at 4 days for over $300 which just seems crazy.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:56 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by mpattdu
Do I have any hope of finding a deal on a mini van rental? It seems like every coupon/code I find doesn't include the van category, which seems to be treated as kind of a premium class. I'm looking at 4 days for over $300 which just seems crazy.
Where and when? I have a few things I can look at. Vans are typically expensive, unfortunately. Maybe you can get everyone into a small SUV instead? Or, depending on who is in your clan, it might be less expensive to rent 2 intermediate cars.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Does anybody know/have any good codes for a 4 day rental from SBA in California?
I can't find anything under ~34/day before taxes (49 after) for intermediate. What dates are you looking for, and what class? What's the best you've found so far?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Where and when? I have a few things I can look at. Vans are typically expensive, unfortunately. Maybe you can get everyone into a small SUV instead? Or, depending on who is in your clan, it might be less expensive to rent 2 intermediate cars.
Thanks for the response and suggestions. Pickup December 14 dropoff the 18th (4 days) in Madison, WI. Right now I have one reserved at the Sears Auto Center location for ~$300. I looked into Costco discounts but the only one that works is for a location on the other side of town and not worth the hassle for $20-$30 savings. My current vehicle is a small SUV but with 4 adults, an infant seat, and luggage it is just too tight, and with a little over 1000 miles for this trip I think doubling the gas cost would eat any savings of renting two smaller vehicles. I'm prepared to go with what I have (and $300 is actually quite a bit lower than the competitors) but just a little frustrated with what seems like price gauging a captive market. I've tried a few of these one-way codes but have not had much luck with them, probably due to the "premium" vehicle.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by mpattdu
Thanks for the response and suggestions. Pickup December 14 dropoff the 18th (4 days) in Madison, WI. Right now I have one reserved at the Sears Auto Center location for ~$300. I looked into Costco discounts but the only one that works is for a location on the other side of town and not worth the hassle for $20-$30 savings. My current vehicle is a small SUV but with 4 adults, an infant seat, and luggage it is just too tight, and with a little over 1000 miles for this trip I think doubling the gas cost would eat any savings of renting two smaller vehicles. I'm prepared to go with what I have (and $300 is actually quite a bit lower than the competitors) but just a little frustrated with what seems like price gauging a captive market. I've tried a few of these one-way codes but have not had much luck with them, probably due to the "premium" vehicle.
$303 is the best I can do for those 4 days. I've got 1200 included miles, so be sure you have unlimited or will keep it under that cap if you're comparing prices! If that's better than yours, let me know and I can let you know the AWD I used.

A quick Priceline search shows $277 for Avis on Darwin Rd, with a minivan. I'm not sure if they have the bidding option on PL for cars, but it's worth looking into.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
$303 is the best I can do for those 4 days. I've got 1200 included miles, so be sure you have unlimited or will keep it under that cap if you're comparing prices! If that's better than yours, let me know and I can let you know the AWD I used.

A quick Priceline search shows $277 for Avis on Darwin Rd, with a minivan. I'm not sure if they have the bidding option on PL for cars, but it's worth looking into.
Thanks for checking; the $303 is what I have. I did notice the mileage limit but shouldn't go over. The $277 is the across town option I mentioned. I'll play around with that and see if I can get it low enough to make it worth the detour. Thanks again!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:03 pm
s3n

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, National EE
Does anybody have the 2013 Entertainment Book coupon codes for Avis? I'd like to see if it's worth getting the book. Thx!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
My wife and I are driving from PDX to SFO; pick up 6/27 - 9 am drop off 7/5 7 am (8 days). Is there a rate I can look at this far out or should I wait until 2013 codes come out? Hertz was around $650 includes a small drop off; I looked at Thrifty and they want over $1000 with drop off. I didn't put in any codes just Hertz #1.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 6:01 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
There are some very good one-way rate codes in the National Car forum.
Originally Posted by kmandrew
My wife and I are driving from PDX to SFO; pick up 6/27 - 9 am drop off 7/5 7 am (8 days). Is there a rate I can look at this far out or should I wait until 2013 codes come out? Hertz was around $650 includes a small drop off; I looked at Thrifty and they want over $1000 with drop off. I didn't put in any codes just Hertz #1.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Feel free to try this to see if it saves you anything. My corp code and no ID required. AWD: X801848
Looks like several have used this code. Glad to know it is helping some people!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.