Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Has anyone used E153702 recently? Any problems...?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:41 am

Code for One way Munich to Zurich?

Anyone have something that might help? Rates are astronomical!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Spire, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by msk6261
Anyone have something that might help? Rates are astronomical!
When you rent the car in Munich, ask them if they have a car with a Swiss registration for you. They are basically not allowed to give you such car, unless you guarantee them that you give it back in Switzerland.
They are usually very much interested to have somebody returning the car for them, therefore they may not ask you to pay the one way fee (which I guess is 200 EUR).
Anyhow, you need to be lucky, but it is worth to try.
Otherwise, I do not see a chance to avoid the one way fee.
(except of returning the car in Konstanz and take a train from there to Zurich)

Be careful: sometime they give you a Swiss car AND charge the one way fee, which I would not accept at all.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: Jet Blue, SWA RR, Hilton Gold, National Emerald Club, Hyatt Gold, AMEX RP Gold
Anyone know a code for Cozumel in March? Rates are much higher than last time we went.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:21 am

x400270

Originally Posted by chiconh
Anyone know a code for Cozumel in March? Rates are much higher than last time we went.
I entered my rate code x400270 and rates didn't seem too bad with it at the international airport on the week of 11-15 and 18-22. Please try it and see if it helps. You need no id and the young drivers fee is always waived.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:20 am
avw

B270898

Booked an excellent weekday rate with AWD B270898. I searched the internet and couldn't find any further information on this number. The rate code is "TJ". Does anyone know more about this AWD, this rate code, or if the "B" before the AWD number signifies anything?

Thanks for any info!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:49 pm

Q9L added savings at LAX

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Putting the Manchester/LA thing to rest - I spoke with the location and they confirmed they are a local Avis shop and do rent cars separate from the LAX location down the street. They have no airport shuttle (or pickup/dropoff) and limited weekend hours, but other than that, they are a legitimate location for those with longer rentals who want to dump the airport fees/taxes.
I entered the return location as LAX and there were no added Airport Fees. Savings of $100 over 2 week rental. I'll be there soon and report back if I had any issues and how I get to Q9L. Although, with the $100 savings, I wouldn't object to a cab

Last edited by MelEngineersSavings; Dec 16, 2012 at 5:49 pm Reason: typo changed meaning
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:04 am

LAX Alternate Rental Location

Originally Posted by MelEngineersSavings
I entered the return location as LAX and there were no added Airport Fees. Savings of $100 over 2 week rental. I'll be there soon and report back if I had any issues and how I get to Q9L. Although, with the $100 savings, I wouldn't object to a cab
The Q9L rental location is around the corner and can easily be walked to from the LAX rental location. We had a few pieces of luggage and elected to take a cab. The minimum cab fee is $20.
If you are in a hurry or expect red carpet service, use the LAX location. They did not have a vehicle ready for pickup and they did not have the correct class of vehicle in stock. About half an hour later and a vehicle exchange with the LAX location for the vehicle we requested (an american made vehicle), we were on our way at the original rate less Airport tax/fees.
Lessons Learned: Call ahead to confirm the reservation. They may have prepped one for us. This is primarily a truck rental location.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:19 am

Hi, I want to rent a car in Miami on 31 March and for 1 week. Just something simple. Does anyone have a good code to use to add a driver?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:34 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by hazgirl
Looking for weekly rental in NYC 12/22 to 12/29. The rate is $385 using the Deloitte code (A442100) and about $20 less using HP code (A515100). Is one of these (HP vs. Deloitte) generally considered safer and more/less likely to get asked for ID? Or should I be fine with either? NYC Avis locations have cracked down on the FL code, but I'm not sure it's the case with other codes.
I wouldnt think using either would be an issue. If anyone asks you anything, just tell them HP is your client and they gave you the code. Unlikely a desk agent is going to care.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by g_leyser
I wouldnt think using either would be an issue. If anyone asks you anything, just tell them HP is your client and they gave you the code. Unlikely a desk agent is going to care.
How far back did the post you quoted come from? You did realize that the dates referred to in that post are already in the past, right?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:43 am

Has anyone used B999000 recently? It's giving me the best possible rate. I did read about that code giving trouble to lot of people about 5-6 years back, but I didn't read about any recent experiences.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by OhMyGosh1
Has anyone used B999000 recently? It's giving me the best possible rate. I did read about that code giving trouble to lot of people about 5-6 years back, but I didn't read about any recent experiences.
Do you happen to know what B999000 is tied to? By tied, I mean what company or association or special entitlement it is attached to. Examples, such as is it an AAA rate, or an IBM employee rate, or a National Trial Lawyers Association rate, etc?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by USirritated
Do you happen to know what B999000 is tied to? By tied, I mean what company or association or special entitlement it is attached to. Examples, such as is it an AAA rate, or an IBM employee rate, or a National Trial Lawyers Association rate, etc?
What I have learnt by reading other threads about the code is that it is for the 'Chairman's Club' members
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by OhMyGosh1
What I have learnt by reading other threads about the code is that it is for the 'Chairman's Club' members
B999000 is not a Chairman's Club AWD that I am aware of. However, I am sure there are some CC AWD numbers which I am not aware of, as I am aware of about 5 of them, and I'm sure there are others. I've been a Chairman's Club member for almost 4 years.

B999000 seems to be an AWD for Avis senior employees or executives.

Take a look at this post.

And this post.

And this post.

And posts 739-741 here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.