Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:36 pm

Regardless of what rate code I use, the form auto-fills to code "RU" on the final confirmation screen with a one-way rental. I'm guessing there's no way around this?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Very odd. One more thing to try: on page 2 of making a reservation (where you see the car classes), on the drop-down page up top, see if selecting "This AWD - xxxxxxx" instead of "Lowest Rates" makes a difference. I've seen that forcing an AWD sometimes is lower than their "lowest rates" for some reason. I'd call them to see what they have to say, but the agent will most likely be baffled.

But then again... maybe this is how Avis justifies "selling" CHM status for a year: by upcharging you on every rental :-:
I think there is an Avis lurker here, because the B999000 code no longer works for any rental and I can't seem to get the $45 per day rate anymore.

I have checked with and without my Wizard number and all the the rates are higher now.

Perhaps if you want to give a shot, I'm trying to go a week rental EWR July 11 @ 11:30pm to July 19 @ 9 am.

In fact if they do give me the best available car for a week, the membership would have basically paid for itself (and more).
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA, QFF, AA, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres Circle.
Best way to find upgrade coupons?

Hi AutoSlash,
What is the best way to find Upgrade coupons for either Avis or Budget?

I searched on Autoslash (using your site tool) but nothing came up. Then I used Google in general and nothing either.

I only have a one-day rental on the weekend, so nothing fits my situation, and I prefer to use my company's AWD number exclusively.

Thanks for any advice.

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Google is your friend

https://www.avis.com/car-rental/deal...e-US_en-008412

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...go=B323091.gif

http://www.travelocity.com/Promotion...s_main,00.html

Also keep in mind that sometimes it makes more sense to use a $-off coupon and just book the higher class car. It really depends on the price differential between the two classes and how much of a $-off coupon you have.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to book a car reservation in LGA (new york) on the weekend of July 4th, as avis presidents, I usually use the costco discount.

Is there any other discount that could be helpful?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 3:26 pm

Hi guys,

travelling to Italy in July using awd code E027237. It says corporate code with a GH rate code and gives incredible rate of 216 EUR for 9 days including all insurances. It seems a bit suspicous to me. Does anyone know whom the code belongs to and if it is safe to use?

Thanks to anyone for any hints.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:10 pm

Are there any codes out there that work for a convertible in Maui?
None of the codes change the price for me.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: Priority Club, Eurobonus, Hertz Gold, Dollar Express, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat.
Has anyone used the code AWD B270898 lately? Any problems?
It's giving me a good rate for a SUV at Dulles Airport in Dec.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:55 am

European golf tours code

o714611. It's the one the pro golfers use when they hire cars. 10% off and if you sign up to preffered with it you go top of the list and get free upgrades and one way drop offs. Plus get treated like a king when you go to the counter!!!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:42 pm

I used awd a686200 and muwa090 and got a great rate. According to posts on pg.125 they think its associated with priceline and should be safe. Can anyone confirm that awd A686200 is indeed ok to use?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:02 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Thesecondman
o714611. It's the one the pro golfers use when they hire cars. 10% off and if you sign up to preffered with it you go top of the list and get free upgrades and one way drop offs. Plus get treated like a king when you go to the counter!!!
What is the company/trade group associated with this code? As noted in the wiki at the top of this forum, please post this with all AWD's.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by David Kalab
Hi guys,

travelling to Italy in July using awd code E027237. It says corporate code with a GH rate code and gives incredible rate of 216 EUR for 9 days including all insurances. It seems a bit suspicous to me. Does anyone know whom the code belongs to and if it is safe to use?

Thanks to anyone for any hints.
This code is TOO good. . . Just priced a one-way rental from Venice to Rome, using this code resulted in a dramatic price drop. Makes me worried that I will be asked for some corporate (Avis?) ID when I pick up the vehicle.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Rate valid for 4-14 days?

I have an upcoming rental.

I used AWD A696600. I actually have no idea what AWD that is, but it was already in my profile.

Anyways the rate reads~

Rate Rules:
Minimum 4 Day(s) and 3 hour(s) rental
Maximum 14 Day(s)

Does this mean if I choose to return my rental in two weeks instead of 6 days that I specified, I'll get the same rate?

Because I may have to extend my rental to two weeks, but if I do this change online right now it gives me a much higher rate for two weeks (AKA double the price).
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by DocDad
This code is TOO good. . . Just priced a one-way rental from Venice to Rome, using this code resulted in a dramatic price drop. Makes me worried that I will be asked for some corporate (Avis?) ID when I pick up the vehicle.
When are you going? I'd love to know what the deal is about!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:51 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by alphaod
Rate Rules:
Minimum 4 Day(s) and 3 hour(s) rental
Maximum 14 Day(s)

Does this mean if I choose to return my rental in two weeks instead of 6 days that I specified, I'll get the same rate?
No, just means you cannot use this rate code outside of those parameters. You can change the dates and keep the same daily/weekly rate. If you return before 4.3 or after 14 days, then they can change the daily/weekly rate to something totally different.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by David Kalab
When are you going? I'd love to know what the deal is about!
Dates I used were July 18 pick-up, drop-off on July 21. I wanted to drop-off on July 20 but it appears dropping off in Rome on a Sunday can only be done at limited locations. We're staying at the Cavalieri Sunday night and wanted to drop-off there on Sunday but have to keep the vehicle an extra night and drop off on the morning of 7/21 when the Avis office opens at 9am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.