Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:05 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by GAVBU28
I wonder if someone could give me some advice on our trip to the US in April.

We're coming over for almost 3 months and travelling from Orlando to Vegas, and as you can imagine its very expensive to hire a car for that length of time so any advice to help reduce the cost would be most welcome.

Picking up the car in Orlando 8th April and returning the car in Vegas 26th June.

Many thanks
Wow, I don't think there's a reasonable way for 3 months, across the country! A quick search shows ~$3000 for an intermediate. If you pick-up off airport in Orlando, you can get it down a few hundred by not paying airport taxes.

I would look into buying a used car & selling it in LAS area. Typical credit cards don't cover insurance over 30 days anyway, so they most likely won't cover you on a rental, so having insurance on your "purchased" car won't really be an extra cost.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Wow, I don't think there's a reasonable way for 3 months, across the country! A quick search shows ~$3000 for an intermediate. If you pick-up off airport in Orlando, you can get it down a few hundred by not paying airport taxes.

I would look into buying a used car & selling it in LAS area. Typical credit cards don't cover insurance over 30 days anyway, so they most likely won't cover you on a rental, so having insurance on your "purchased" car won't really be an extra cost.
Its an interesting suggestion, we've never really considered buying and car to sell on at the end of the trip.

Thanks for your help we'll look into this futher.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
What does A114300 belong do?
That AWD is a Government Use Only rate for the State of Florida.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:44 am
lsg

Will I have to show any ID for using Avis code A074800?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:21 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by lsg
Will I have to show any ID for using Avis code A074800?
This code is for Citigroup employees traveling on leisure, so you could certainly be asked if you work for the company. In some cases they may even ask for proof. It doesn't always happen, but if you do get challenged and cannot prove your eligibility for a particular discount code, then you may end up paying the walk-up rate which is far higher than anything you can book on-line with a "safer" discount code. If you need help getting a good deal on this rental with a discount code you don't need to sweat over, feel free to PM us.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 3:27 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I have used that code on every Avis rental for the last two years, at least, and have never been asked about it.

That could certainly change tomorrow and others' experiences may have been different, but I happily use it because it's usually ~$32/day and no drop charge for certain one-way's (e.g., DEN-COS or KOA-ITO)
Old Mar 16, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA, QFF, AA, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres Circle.
Any vehicle class upgrade coupon codes for April 2014?

Hi,
Does anyone have a one-class or two-class vehicle upgrade coupon code?

I thought these are pretty common for Avis, so if anyone has one to share, thanks in advance.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:52 pm

Avis in ORD--March 18-21

I've used several of the special codes I see on this forum to try and get a great rate on a car for my trip to ORD in a couple days. With tax added, I can't get the rate below $320 for three days. (arriving March 18th around noon and turning the car in at noon or earlier on March 21st) I belong to AAA and Costco. Can anyone help me find a better rate (the smallest size car is fine) for these dates? Thank you so much. Gail
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:04 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by me4tux
Hi,
Does anyone have a one-class or two-class vehicle upgrade coupon code?

I thought these are pretty common for Avis, so if anyone has one to share, thanks in advance.
Google is your friend

https://www.avis.com/car-rental/deal...e-US_en-008412

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...go=B323091.gif

http://www.travelocity.com/Promotion...s_main,00.html

Also keep in mind that sometimes it makes more sense to use a $-off coupon and just book the higher class car. It really depends on the price differential between the two classes and how much of a $-off coupon you have.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by 6onthe76
I've used several of the special codes I see on this forum to try and get a great rate on a car for my trip to ORD in a couple days. With tax added, I can't get the rate below $320 for three days. (arriving March 18th around noon and turning the car in at noon or earlier on March 21st) I belong to AAA and Costco. Can anyone help me find a better rate (the smallest size car is fine) for these dates? Thank you so much. Gail
Try Costco code A108335. I got it to $261 for 3 days. Unfortunately you've got a few things working against you:
1. Rates in ORD are always expensive
2. You're in the middle of the week, the busiest time at business locations
3. Taxes at ORD are crazy. For 3 days, it goes from $168->$261 due to taxes!

And make sure you don't have a US airline # listed in your reservation or you'll pay another few bucks in fees to get those few miles.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
... no drop charge for certain one-way's (e.g., DEN-COS or KOA-ITO)
But there are mileage fees, unfortunately
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:08 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Just did DEN-COS a couple of weeks ago. No mileage fees. So, worth checking for some city pairs.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by controller1
That AWD is a Government Use Only rate for the State of Florida.
I was asked to show ID.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yolie
I was asked to show ID.
Are you Avis Preferred? If not, get it.

I rent 2-3 times a month using this and other discount rates. In 5+ years, I have NEVER been asked to show ID on any AWD.
As Avis Preferred, I rarely interact with a counter agent. I just show my DL and exit the lot.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Just did DEN-COS a couple of weeks ago. No mileage fees. So, worth checking for some city pairs.
If it's nearby locations then there won't be a mileage fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.