Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by hckyfreek
Hey Guys,
We're taking a trip and going to my mom's on 4/2/14 and returning on 4/7/14.

I can't get my rate under 170/one way trip [BWI-Richmond area]. Any help would be appreciated!
Welcome to FT!
As you look at rates, you may want to compare roundtrip rates versus two-one way trips. A lot of the time it can be cheaper to drive you car somewhere, let sit unused (or used little) and then drive it back because one way rates add up and also because most oneway rentals have per mile charges that really add up.
You might compare trainfares also, if you really do not need a car down there at all. You are going to go through a decent amount of hassles picking up and dropping off cars twice and the Amtrak station is super convenient at BWI. I use BWI as an easy way to get into DC or Philly via Amtrak when I do not plan on needing a rental car.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Does anyone recognize D702700? Somehow that AWD popped into my browser when I booked a reservation at SFO and it produced an amazing rate. I have no idea where it came from - it's not my company's AWD.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:30 pm

Avis Code

I was searching for a coupon code for Avis and came across c280613, it said it came from Sam's club, can anyone verify this. I am a Sam's club member but I would like to make sure that it is from Sam's and if not what I would need to do if I use it.

Thank you !
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I will be in YYZ 24 Jul 10pm to 10 Aug 1pm. Looking for a full size vehicle with unlimited miles. Can also rent off airport if needed. The best that I can get is $798 all in. I just want to rent a car not lease it!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by IsleTraveller
I will be in YYZ 24 Jul 10pm to 10 Aug 1pm. Looking for a full size vehicle with unlimited miles. Can also rent off airport if needed. The best that I can get is $798 all in. I just want to rent a car not lease it!
That's actually a good rate! That's 31 days for $798, or under $200/week from a major city. I'd be happy with that rate. Might be worth trying to break it up, though (try the first rental as thurs-sun 7/24-7/27, then the second for 28 days). The first few days might be a cheap weekend rate.

It's also worth noting that most credit card insurance (and possibly even your personal auto insurance) will be invalid for rentals >28 or 30 days, so breaking it up could be even better for that reason.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IsleTraveller
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
That's actually a good rate! That's 31 days for $798, or under $200/week from a major city.
BY my math, July 24 to August 10 would be only 17 days.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:32 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by SFO777
BY my math, July 24 to August 10 would be only 17 days.
My bad! I read it as 7/24-8/24 somehow. Guess the new/free spirits in the US Club caught up with me already! I'll fix my above post when I'm back on my laptop.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Still using G417900

I have not been checking in here lately as this room seems to have become one long ongoing advertisement for one business that seems to answer every post. It got very biased and boring (in my opinion anyway). Just thought that I'd share that I still use my favorite code G417900 (Kellwood Corp). Very competitive rates, never an ID hassle, unlimited mileage. It's one of the oldest codes on this board from years ago, but still a solid winner(again, in my opinion). I've never believed it was worth it to spend hours searching to find the absolute rock bottom rate for every rental. Find a code that gives consistent competitive rates, little to no I.D. risk, and stick with it.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:59 am

Programs: More shiny with hotels than airlines.
Originally Posted by xenopolis
Hello.
I want to go to Australia in 2014.
Has anyone used E153702 here?
It gives me a special rate without OW Fare and unlimitted milage on a 4WD for Perth-Broome, used on the german avis site.
Does anyone know if there are any ristrictions on this code?
Thanks a lot.
I used it succesfully many times but it failed once : in Australia recently.

They told me it was an Employee Only rate and I needed an authorization, that I didn't have. So they couldn't honour the rate and they offered me "the best we can today" which was very decent...just a few AUD more.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I usually rent in five day increments so I've kept tabs on bonuses for rentals that usually are in this 5 day range. However I have a quick trip coming up for a two day rental and was trying to see what this code does for me. I must use my corporate AWD so I'm not looking for AWD codes just bonus miles or hotel point codes. On that note, this is the best one that I've found.

MUAA017

I thought it was 750 AA Miles but when I input it into my reservation, I see that under Coupon on my reservation > MUAA017 - Up to 2500 Bonus Miles/Paperless Coupon

but under estimated miles it says 850?

Anyone know what that 2500 is in reference too?

thanks
Old Apr 5, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse

MUAA017

I thought it was 750 AA Miles but when I input it into my reservation, I see that under Coupon on my reservation > MUAA017 - Up to 2500 Bonus Miles/Paperless Coupon

but under estimated miles it says 850?

Anyone know what that 2500 is in reference too?

thanks
Now through June 15, 2014, American Airlines AAdvantage® members can earn up to 2,500 AAdvantage bonus miles from Avis on rentals of 1 or more consecutive days at participating Avis airport locations in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean.

Earn 750 AAdvantage bonus miles on rentals of 1-2 days.

Earn 1,500 AAdvantage bonus miles on rentals of 3-4 days.

Earn 2,500 AAdvantage bonus miles on rentals of 5 or more days.

Use coupon # MUAA017 and provide your AAdvantage number at the time of reservation or at the rental counter to earn your AAdvantage bonus miles. This offer is in addition to your everyday savings of up to 35% when you use AWD # K817165.
Avis promotion website

Last edited by sz2628; Apr 5, 2014 at 2:39 pm Reason: added URL
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by sz2628

thanks yet its So simple, yet i'm so stupid
Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by bob1008
I have not been checking in here lately as this room seems to have become one long ongoing advertisement for one business that seems to answer every post. It got very biased and boring (in my opinion anyway). Just thought that I'd share that I still use my favorite code G417900 (Kellwood Corp). Very competitive rates, never an ID hassle, unlimited mileage. It's one of the oldest codes on this board from years ago, but still a solid winner(again, in my opinion). I've never believed it was worth it to spend hours searching to find the absolute rock bottom rate for every rental. Find a code that gives consistent competitive rates, little to no I.D. risk, and stick with it.
Thanks! Not the best, but pretty good and doesn't seem worthwhile chasing down more codes for a few more %. Just worried about the ID stuff, maybe a good backstory about an uncle that works at Kellwood?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:32 pm

hi Folks,
i am looking for a on way rental IDA-SLC 10/27/14 - 10/28/14.
tried few codes and getting it for around $195 for a minivan
any codes that you can suggest , would greatly help

Last edited by PTHAKUR; Apr 8, 2014 at 1:42 pm Reason: added car
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:53 am

Italian code for mxp to nap 14 day rental

Flying into MXP 6/30 and returning via NAP on 7/15. Looking for best code combination or upgrade. Tried the AA code which gives 35% and don't want to get greedy but wanted to see if there was anything better. Thanks for all the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.