Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:41 pm

If I don't have a Costco membership card, can I use the Costco AWD A108326 ?
Do I need to show the card at the counter?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:45 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by roy507
If I don't have a Costco membership card, can I use the Costco AWD A108326 ?
Do I need to show the card at the counter?
You may be asked to show proof of membership at the counter, but it's often loosely enforced. The problem is that if they do ask for it and you can't prove you are a member, you can be charged the walk-up rate which is far more than you can book for on-line beforehand. Often there are other discount codes that are available for public use that can get as lower or lower than the Costco code.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You may be asked to show proof of membership at the counter, but it's often loosely enforced. The problem is that if they do ask for it and you can't prove you are a member, you can be charged the walk-up rate which is far more than you can book for on-line beforehand. Often there are other discount codes that are available for public use that can get as lower or lower than the Costco code.
I want to book a intermediate SUV in San Antonio for one week, Costco AWD A108326 with Coupon Code MUGA086 is the lowest rate I can find for this moment...

I have a Sam' Club card, with the AWD B935221, the rate is 20 bucks higher than Costco. However, I am not sure if the Sam's Club AWD is usable, cause someone posted that AWD in 2007...
Old Mar 2, 2014, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by roy507
I want to book a intermediate SUV in San Antonio for one week, Costco AWD A108326 with Coupon Code MUGA086 is the lowest rate I can find for this moment...

I have a Sam' Club card, with the AWD B935221, the rate is 20 bucks higher than Costco. However, I am not sure if the Sam's Club AWD is usable, cause someone posted that AWD in 2007...
PM us the dates/times for the rental and we'll see what we can do to help you.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by AvisDC
AWD code A114300 is a very good code, however, I had issues at the preferred counter when I went to pick up the car. It was giving me a much higher price ($164) for one day and it took a while to get it right. Even still the discounted price was not deducted until I returned the car. So your credit card will be charged the higher price, but credited once you return the car. I will never use the code again, not for the standing in line and then another 20 minutes to adjust the price. I will pay the xtra $10 or $15 using another code.
What does A114300 belong do?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver; EK Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
What does A114300 belong do?
Would be interested to know that as well, it's saving me $500 on a 17 day rental later in the year!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:24 am

Any decent codes for standard SUV rental in ANU?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of an AWD code that can be used for a standard SUV rental in ANU next weekend (3/14-17)? I tried all of the codes from the last 5 pages of the thread but the base rate I am getting is $180 (without taxes). Priceline has it for $172.50, taxes included. Just wondering if I can do better than that.

TIA for any help you can give.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Zamboni Driver
Hi all,

Does anyone know of an AWD code that can be used for a standard SUV rental in ANU next weekend (3/14-17)? I tried all of the codes from the last 5 pages of the thread but the base rate I am getting is $180 (without taxes). Priceline has it for $172.50, taxes included. Just wondering if I can do better than that.

TIA for any help you can give.
It doesn't looks like any Avis discount codes work in ANU at all, however try LAT05 with Thrifty or 963123 with Hertz (both available for public use).
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
It doesn't looks like any Avis discount codes work in ANU at all, however try LAT05 with Thrifty or 963123 with Hertz (both available for public use).
Thanks, I appreciate the help! The Thrifty code worked well. By the way, when I used your site to search, no vehicles could be found (or results displayed) for ANU.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:43 pm

Hey AutoSlash, I'm looking for a car (intermediate or larger) at IAH for 4/10/14 @ 9pm to 4/13/13 @ 7:30pm. I'm 23 y.o., and have USAA membership as well as costco. Any chance you can beat my current reservation of $77 (EXAR) with Hertz or $67 (intermediate) with Avis using 2 free day reward certificate?

Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:15 pm

Trying to figure out the best rate for a trip from Las Vegas to Salt Lake City in May. Looking to pick up something full size on May 6th and return to Salt Lake City on May 12th. Using the Deloitte code I have used for years I get a good rate but for the first time I can remember it does not include mileage (probably b/c of the one way rental). With mileage at 30 cents a mile it adds probably around 250 bucks with the excursions we had planned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, also it does not have to be Avis, but Avis is the preferred company.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by WASfireman
Trying to figure out the best rate for a trip from Las Vegas to Salt Lake City in May. Looking to pick up something full size on May 6th and return to Salt Lake City on May 12th. Using the Deloitte code I have used for years I get a good rate but for the first time I can remember it does not include mileage (probably b/c of the one way rental). With mileage at 30 cents a mile it adds probably around 250 bucks with the excursions we had planned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, also it does not have to be Avis, but Avis is the preferred company.
What rate are you getting and what's your pickup and return times?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:51 pm

Avis AWD for Europe

W300013
A888812

Worked well for upcoming Turkey rental.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by CoolTourist
W300013
A888812

Worked well for upcoming Turkey rental.
From the Wiki:

As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account.

From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.
Please post the source of these codes or avoid posting codes from unknown sources in the future.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:56 am

Upcoming trip to US

I wonder if someone could give me some advice on our trip to the US in April.

We're coming over for almost 3 months and travelling from Orlando to Vegas, and as you can imagine its very expensive to hire a car for that length of time so any advice to help reduce the cost would be most welcome.

Picking up the car in Orlando 8th April and returning the car in Vegas 26th June.

Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.