Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:54 am

Noob

Hello, everyone. I'm looking for some help. I need a premium/full size SUV for 1/31 to 2/4 from SFO.

Can anyone provide AWD and/or coupon code which would work for these days? I am not having luck with the coupon codes I have seen here.

Thanks
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jmr851
We are going to Maui (OGG) in June for 9 days. Does anyone have any advice or discount codes for a premium SUV or Tahoe type vehicle? Thank you.
Did you try any of the hundreds of codes that are already in this thread?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Fdezarra
Can anyone provide AWD and/or coupon code which would work for these days? I am not having luck with the coupon codes I have seen here.
Define "not having luck"?

All of the coupon codes and AWD's here will work to a degree. Are you saying that you don't like the price that they're giving you?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:45 am

First off, happy new year. Second, thanks for the reply.

I did in fact try many. Not all of them but the ones I saw were posted as the best ones. And all of the coupon codes failed because my reservation didn't meet the criteria. As for the AWD codes, maybe it was just my bad luck but I didn't find any that were cheaper than my generic Avis First rate.

If that's as good as it gets, then so be it. But I was hoping someone might have a code unique to SFO or some other qualifier, if that sort of thing even exists.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Define "not having luck"?

All of the coupon codes and AWD's here will work to a degree. Are you saying that you don't like the price that they're giving you?
Yes. That's right. I am not getting prices any cheaper than the price I got without looking for any codes.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:21 pm

One Way Rental - need unlimited miles coupon -

Hey guys - getting stuck here - using G930700 to get a great rate on a one-way rental but it has something like .38 per mile charge.

Anyway to pair this with unlimited miles coupon code?

I have looked and looked and not getting anywhere - if anyone can help I would be SUPER appreciative
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by DorianGray
Hey guys - getting stuck here - using G930700 to get a great rate on a one-way rental but it has something like .38 per mile charge.

I have looked and looked and not getting anywhere - if anyone can help I would be SUPER appreciative
I've not seen any coupon codes offering unlimited mileage. I think that's tied to the AWD. One-ways are notoriously high for either daily fees or mileage, unfortunately. Have you tried some of the other popular AWDs listed here to see what their daily rate is?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I've not seen any coupon codes offering unlimited mileage. I think that's tied to the AWD. One-ways are notoriously high for either daily fees or mileage, unfortunately. Have you tried some of the other popular AWDs listed here to see what their daily rate is?
Thanks - I am trying my best but finding bad deals...
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:40 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Coupon codes do not confer unlimited mileage. That depends on the AWD code. Also keep in mind that this AWD is for IBM employees, so you may be challenged at the counter.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:47 pm

Why don't you post the details of your rental and the best price you've found. Someone here might be able to help to lower the rate.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Why don't you post the details of your rental and the best price you've found. Someone here might be able to help to lower the rate.
Awesome!! Thanks!

Ok so I am in Atlanta - stuck.....

So need a rental from anywhere in northwest Atlanta ----
back to my home in Tennessee. Theoretically I can even pick up at Atlanta airport.

Returning rental station is TRI

I am getting a 2 day rate with one way drop off of like $150 all in.
I would like to get the car tonight or tomorrow morning.

Closest pickup station to my hotel location is
1500 Cumberland Mall SE
Atlanta, GA 30339
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:34 pm

Awesome!! Thanks!

Ok so I am in Atlanta - stuck.....

So need a rental from anywhere in northwest Atlanta ----
back to my home in Tennessee. Theoretically I can even pick up at Atlanta airport.

Returning rental station is TRI

I am getting a 2 day rate with one way drop off of like $150 all in.
I would like to get the car tonight or tomorrow morning.

Closest pickup station to my hotel location is
1500 Cumberland Mall SE
Atlanta, GA 30339
OK, but need to know pickup and return dates/times to get an accurate rate since rates can vary greatly.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
OK, but need to know pickup and return dates/times to get an accurate rate since rates can vary greatly.
ASAP. Meaning I can take the car tonight or tomorrow morning....
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:43 pm

ASAP. Meaning I can take the car tonight or tomorrow morning....
Got it. If you can do a 1-day rental (i.e. return the car no later than 24 hours after you pick it up), then use Hertz CDP 2002500 (Mousesavers CDP available to anyone) for a rate of $89.06 at an in-town location or $104.46 from the ATL airport. Prices are all-in with no drop fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.