Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flightexpert
On the Avis website, check the box "I have a discount code", then you will see three fields: AWD Number, Coupon Code, and Rate Code. Enter your Queensland gov't AWD in the AWD number field and enter UPDA029 (double upgrade) or UPPA067 (single upgrade) in the coupon code field, then proceed with your search as normal.

Not all AWD numbers work with all coupon codes. This is also dependent on your rental location and dates. Sometimes you have to play around with different combinations for awhile to find the best deal.

If you are trying to find the best rate through multiple searches using multiple AWD numbers and coupon codes, clear the cookies in your browser between searches - you'll be amazed at the difference this can sometimes make.
awesome, thanks
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
AWD nums for EY - Etihad Guest

Book the rental on http://www.avisworld.com/etihad
Found these at http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...r-rental/avis/

Tier miles earned
Etihad Guest 500 miles per rental
Etihad Silver 650 miles per rental
Etihad Gold 775 miles per rental
Etihad Gold Elite 800 miles per rental

Tier AWD number
Etihad Base Members M401401
Etihad Silver Members M401402
Etihad Gold Members M401403
Etihad Gold Elite Members M401404
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by trayanh99
Anyone used A515100 safely recently?
I just booked a reservation for August at MDW with this code, it was the best rate I could find. What is this code associated with?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:30 am

More Avis discount codes

AWD number K462601 - $20 One-Way Rental NYC to or from Newark Airport (EWR)
New - AWD number G833700 - low rates on 5+ day rental
New - AWD number O094710 - low rates on 14+ day rental in Portugal - expires 9/27
AWD number L556800 - expires 9/30, for travel through 9/30 only - low rates in Latin America and Caribbean
(Anguilla, Antigua, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Belize, Bolivia, Bonaire, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guianna, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, St. Barts, St. Croix, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maarten/St. Martin, St. Thomas, St. Vincent, Suriname, Tortola, Trinidad, Turks & Caicos, Uruguay and Venezuela)

G833700 is valid only at participating locations for rentals in the US and Canada. The T&C's for all these codes say they can't be used in conjunction with other offers, so they probably can't be stacked with coupon codes, but you never know.

As far as I know, these are not corporate codes, so anyone can use them with no ID or proof of eligibility required. Enjoy!

Last edited by flightexpert; Jul 20, 2014 at 11:05 am Reason: clarification; added more codes
Old Jul 20, 2014, 4:45 pm

Can someone please tell me what this code's corporation is?
AWD: C105600
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Small update:
I booked an Avis Prestige car, and was surprised that none of my AWD would work on it.(Marco Polo Gold, Ba silver, SPG, Carlson or Hhonors) It seems that no AWD is valid when booking prestige series in Europe, according to the Rep who m I contacted.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:50 am

AWD: Y257236 / Who's The D.J.?

No hassle and gives good rates.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, BA Gold, *A Gold
hi,
at the moment i am trying to get a feel for this forum as i am mostly doing hotels and airlines
But to be honest i have no clue...i try to book a convertible for:
12. august 8pm: LAS
16. august 8pm: LAX
i find lots of codes for upgrades, but have no idea what to book to get a convertible in the end...and my SPG Plat, BA Gold codes dont bring any price difference. they bring a difference, but only for the other classes ...not the convertible.
can anyone help? any ideas for me?
thanks a lot
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Riddell
hi,
at the moment i am trying to get a feel for this forum as i am mostly doing hotels and airlines
But to be honest i have no clue...i try to book a convertible for:
12. august 8pm: LAS
16. august 8pm: LAX
i find lots of codes for upgrades, but have no idea what to book to get a convertible in the end...and my SPG Plat, BA Gold codes dont bring any price difference. they bring a difference, but only for the other classes ...not the convertible.
can anyone help? any ideas for me?
thanks a lot
Hi Riddell,

Few pages back there's a list of promotion codes

You can stack 2 numbers one on each chart.

One chart has the discount codes, the other one is a little discount or an upgrade.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:55 am

I found some more...

Australia Big4 Holiday Parks Loyalty members AWD # P223200 - discounted rates

Australia Citibank cardholders AWD # P188000 - discounted rates; free upgrade for Gold and Platinum cards

My Best Buy members AWD #S654600 - discounted up to 25%; 50 bonus points

uPromise AWD # K563500 - receive 5% of rental cost as contribution to college fund
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: UAL GS 2MM, HH Diamond. Hertz Platinum, Avis PRES.
Large family needs help car rental in SPAIN

Hi we are Looking for a better rate or a deal than what I have at the moment for Spain
Pick Up Date: 7/31/2014 @ 12:00 pm
Drop Off Date: 8/22/2014 @ 12:00 P.M.
Pick Up Location: MADRID airport
Drop Off Location: MAD Airport
Car Class Rented: SUV , full size car
AWD:
Coupon: None
Rate Code
Best rate for a full size car 1200 U$s
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by mogme2010
Hi we are Looking for a better rate or a deal than what I have at the moment for Spain
Hi mogme2010,

A lot of coupon codes seem to be blacked out for those dates and/or location.

If you go back through the last 5-6 pages of this thread you should end up with a pretty good list of AWD #'s and coupon codes.

You can use AWD numbers and coupon codes at the same time. Some combinations work, some don't. Try different codes and combinations - and clear your browser cookies after each search. It's a bit tedious, but you might end up with something that works.

What country are you making the reservation from? That might make a difference what offers and codes are available to you.

$1200 for full-size total price is only $54 per day, during peak rental season at a very popular location. I looked at other agencies and could not quickly find anything cheaper for those car classes.

Hopefully someone else can help you out. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Last edited by flightexpert; Jul 25, 2014 at 11:02 am Reason: update after searching other agencies
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Any new current AWD's other than the Citi Bank one?

I'm looking to book a trip this coming week @ T-48
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by sdsearch

...anyway, how do I tell autoslash what my original reservation at avis.com is? When I tried it, it only allowed lookup of existing reservations on third-party sites (expedia, etc), not any of the rental car company sites.
Click on the 'Track a rental you've booked elsewhere' and then choose from the companies available on the dropdown list labeled 'rental company'
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: UAL GS 2MM, HH Diamond. Hertz Platinum, Avis PRES.
Originally Posted by flightexpert
Hi mogme2010,

A lot of coupon codes seem to be blacked out for those dates and/or location.

If you go back through the last 5-6 pages of this thread you should end up with a pretty good list of AWD #'s and coupon codes.

You can use AWD numbers and coupon codes at the same time. Some combinations work, some don't. Try different codes and combinations - and clear your browser cookies after each search. It's a bit tedious, but you might end up with something that works.

What country are you making the reservation from? That might make a difference what offers and codes are available to you.

$1200 for full-size total price is only $54 per day, during peak rental season at a very popular location. I looked at other agencies and could not quickly find anything cheaper for those car classes.

Hopefully someone else can help you out. Good luck and enjoy your trip!
Thanks a lot I will try it but it us getting complicated.,the res is from USA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.