Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a member´s account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a member’s account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a member´s account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the member´s account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a member´s duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mlqsko
I don't see a problem. You don't have a title in your passport. They will let you fly even if you name was misspelled by a letter or two.

They will probably won't even notice it.
I see, that sounds good then. Yes the name still matches with my passport, and when I open the booking on the airline website I can't see a title. Now I just hope TSA wouldn't have a problem
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:50 am

I bet they will not even notice.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LH4116
I see, that sounds good then. Yes the name still matches with my passport, and when I open the booking on the airline website I can't see a title. Now I just hope TSA wouldn't have a problem
Had this before. Advised airline and they put a note in the PNR. If you don't feel confident then call up EVA air and ask them to check the PNR and update from their end too.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:43 pm

I have gotten 2 tickets with LifeMiles and 1/2 of the tickets have the names wrong.
I emailed a request to LifeMiles to change it and they requested a copy of the passport to ensure they would get it correct. All standard.

I replied instantly with the copies and shortly after received my two etickets, with the name mistake present.
I followed up and got no reply.
I followed up again and got no reply.
3 weeks on, I sent my 3rd follow up and still no reply.

What's my play?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by theglutton87
I have gotten 2 tickets with LifeMiles and 1/2 of the tickets have the names wrong.
I emailed a request to LifeMiles to change it and they requested a copy of the passport to ensure they would get it correct. All standard.

I replied instantly with the copies and shortly after received my two etickets, with the name mistake present.
I followed up and got no reply.
I followed up again and got no reply.
3 weeks on, I sent my 3rd follow up and still no reply.

What's my play?
Call.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Is there a reason why when using Multi City search, I am unable to type in foreign airports? Only USA and South American airports can be plugged in, not others such as PEK, LHR, etc.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: EBG(*AG), FBG, HH Gold, BW Diamond
Haven't found a answer, so i ask here.. Can i use my own account to book award travel for to non-members while not coming along myself?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SHolberg
Haven't found a answer, so i ask here.. Can i use my own account to book award travel for to non-members while not coming along myself?
Yes, you can
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:11 am

Are there any *A lounges in EWR T4?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Can you use LM to book awards more than 330 days out on airlines which support longer booking windows. A dummy award search shows availability but someone on another forum said you can only book up to 330 days.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pschafer
Can you use LM to book awards more than 330 days out on airlines which support longer booking windows. A dummy award search shows availability but someone on another forum said you can only book up to 330 days.
afaik you can
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinium
Hi

i would like to fly from C2 to ICN using hidden city method.

Europe - ICN: One way ticket WAW-ICN-XXX
ICN-Europe: ICN-FRA-ZZZ

If i would not show up in plane to XXX, my flight would be cancelled. But what about my return flight? Will be still valid?

I will book those two flights separately using same LM account.

Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by siara91
Hi

i would like to fly from C2 to ICN using hidden city method.

Europe - ICN: One way ticket WAW-ICN-XXX
ICN-Europe: ICN-FRA-ZZZ

If i would not show up in plane to XXX, my flight would be cancelled. But what about my return flight? Will be still valid?

I will book those two flights separately using same LM account.

Thanks
These are two separate reservations (PNR), so that shouldn't be a problem.
I suggest you buy paid ticket icn-pek one way and try to find pek-waw-ZZZ
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinium
Could someone give me some tips or hits for this pek-waw-zzz leg on PM

Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by siara91
Could someone give me some tips or hits for this pek-waw-zzz leg on PM

Thanks
You misunderstood me. Try ZZZ from you Icn-fra-ZZZ , but if you start your journey in Pek, sometimes The first leg will be Pek-WAW on LO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.