Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a member´s account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a member’s account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a member´s account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the member´s account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a member´s duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Thanks wheresmybagba Just called and everything was fixed after 25mins. The LM pin was very important. The automated system was kind of funny i think I was told miles will be on my account 1-3days, while taxes from 60-90days
I was told the same. My actual experience was miles - 1 day, taxes - 7 days. ^
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Did one end of December and miles were there while on the call but no sign of the taxes yet. This term comes to mind "Your mileage WILL vary"
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Got the miles back on my account after a few hours. I hope the taxes will be back soon too
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:59 am

how long does it usually take to ticket EVA? thanks
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You should get your ticket within 24hrs (mine have been sometimes almost instant but the longest took 18hrs).
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
I'm a Miles & More member, booked a flight on Avianca. Do I have to sign up for LifeMiles or can I credit directly to Miles & More? How?

If not, can I transfer LifeMiles to Miles & More and vice versa?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Turicus
I'm a Miles & More member, booked a flight on Avianca. Do I have to sign up for LifeMiles or can I credit directly to Miles & More? How?

If not, can I transfer LifeMiles to Miles & More and vice versa?
Add your Miles & More number to your booking...that's all.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
Add your Miles & More number to your booking...that's all.
Thanks for the quick response.
The booking was done by an agent. I assume I can just show my MM card at check-in too. Cause otherwise I'd have to register on the Avianca website. M&M website won't accept my PNR.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Turicus
I assume I can just show my MM card at check-in too.
correct
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: SEN
Maybe someone with experience traveling on exotic routings can advise me on this one:

I needed a ticket to get to HNL. All that showed up on lifemiles (other than connecting Y) was a rather exotic routing on United (Global) First.
Direct flights to HNL on United booking into P run at around twice the price of the miles and even direct Y is more expensive. So why not go for a "short" ride in the nose of a 747

Do I need to prepare for questions at check-in or won't they even notice?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superpointsLXflyer
Maybe someone with experience traveling on exotic routings can advise me on this one:

I needed a ticket to get to HNL. All that showed up on lifemiles (other than connecting Y) was a rather exotic routing on United (Global) First.
Direct flights to HNL on United booking into P run at around twice the price of the miles and even direct Y is more expensive. So why not go for a "short" ride in the nose of a 747

Do I need to prepare for questions at check-in or won't they even notice?
if you're not tricking the route then there shouldn't be any questions
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I am looking for EVA flights, TPE-YVR simple route. I see availability on Aeroplan and ANA sites but couldn't see them on LM. Anyone has/had similar problem before ?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by choupeo
I am looking for EVA flights, TPE-YVR simple route. I see availability on Aeroplan and ANA sites but couldn't see them on LM. Anyone has/had similar problem before ?
That sounds very unusual. Have you being doing your search with Eva selected as the airline?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by choupeo
what's available on ana and ap should be available on ap. sample dates?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:47 pm

i just booked tpe-yvr last week in J for july. availability was not great, but i had choice of about 4 dates in a 2 week period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.