Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Retention department:
800.452.3945 (After entering your card number you may hear a "no longer in service" type of message -- if this happens, HUCA)
-OR-

Hours: 08:00 - 23:00 Eastern Standard Time
or chat with a Membership Consulting Services Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 5:30PM ET (7/19 - quoted 8:30 AM to 3:45 PM ET for Amex Business account)

To access chat:
Login to the Amex App, then press the chat icon at top right.
Via the web:
Select "Help" at top right
Select the blue "Live Chat" button.
  • If you product change your Amex, they will prorate the annual fee refund.
  • If you cancel your account completely, you will be refunded the annual fee if within 30 days of the print date of the statement showing the fee. After that, there's no refund.
FT thread for technical issues with chat: Amex (USA) chat function problems [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

American Express retention offers (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by la_cigogne
(Posts: 44) Hey where can I find the list of DPs for retention offers ? It used to be in the wiki on top ?
Don’t believe there’s a list (anymore) and the Wiki is not regularly updated. Have to scroll though many posts to read datapoints.

(Only 46 more posts and you too could update the Wiki with a list . Maybe if you offered to provide that community service a Mod would allow you to update the Wiki even though you have fewer than the required 90 posts. Or maybe if you wrote the list and PM it to a Mod (or me if that's within the rules) it could be updated that way.)
Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:07 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Retention offers from 2021 are in the Wikipost of this thread: American Express retention offers (2021)
Old Nov 22, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by mia
Retention offers from 2021 are in the Wikipost of this thread: American Express retention offers (2021)
With all due respect, for a thread with 1062 posts that list seems very short. Might the list possibly not be properly updated and possibly not include all datapoints?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
With all due respect, for a thread with 1062 posts that list seems very short. Might the list possibly not be properly updated and possibly not include all datapoints?
It certainly does not include all the data points. Most people didn't bother to update the Wiki, they just posted in the thread what they didn't or didn't get and that's it.
SPN Lifer and Dr Jabadski like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
It certainly does not include all the data points. Most people didn't bother to update the Wiki, they just posted in the thread what they didn't or didn't get and that's it.
Many posters don't have permissions to update wikis, which makes this a bit trickier still
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by jnagar
Many posters don't have permissions to update wikis, which makes this a bit trickier still
The threshold for contributing to the Wiki is actually very modest: 90 days + 90 posts (according to ... the Wiki )
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:32 am

Is it possible for people to include how much spend they put on the card as well?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Bonvoy Business amex - no retention offer again this year. But I think I will still keep it for the free night and the 15 nights credit.
SPN Lifer and Happy like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by friedablass
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Originally Posted by jnagar
Originally Posted by MaxVO
The threshold for contributing to the Wiki is actually very modest: 90 days + 90 posts (according to ... the Wiki )
Workaround is search the thread for a relevant term, like "Platinum", "Green", "Brilliant".

Unless someone is going to mind the wiki and compile datapoints...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 10:16 am

Personal Platinum for 2 years, no other retention offer in the past on this card - offered 30k points for 3k spend.

To add more value and because you are such a valued Card Member, you can earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3000 or more on purchases on your Platinum Card account within 3 months of accepting this offer. The 30,000 Membership Rewards® points will be credited to your account 8 to 12 weeks after the purchase requirement has been met. This is our way of saying thank you for keeping your Platinum Card account open today.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
... search ... mind ... compile ...
I wouldn’t consider that effort to be worthwhile or fruitful. Only RECENT datapoints are helpful as offers change quite significantly, and seemingly at random, over time.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 11:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator observation

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

Unless someone is going to mind the wiki and compile datapoints...
Happy Thanksgiving.

Before the Wikipost feature was created (~2012), it was common for the poster who started the thread to maintain a list in post #1. This can be a burdensome responsibility because only the Original Poster (or a moderator) can edit the post. The Wikipost method is better because many posters can edit, even though some cannot. This thread will be restarted in January, and I will include a reminder to list offers in the Wikipost.

Last edited by mia; Nov 24, 2022 at 11:33 am
Old Nov 24, 2022, 11:45 am

P2 Morgan Stanley (MS) Platinum for 1 year, fee hit, offered 30k points for 3k spend.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
Originally Posted by pointsengineer
Personal Platinum for 2 years, no other retention offer in the past on this card - offered 30k points for 3k spend.
Same offer personal platinum for 1 year
Old Nov 27, 2022, 1:55 pm

Any risk of claw-back on a retention bonus - story is I pre-paid for a hotel awhile ago, hit the minimum spend with other spending (and stopped spending at end of Oct), the retention bonus posted to my account. Paid bill. Currently have a zero balance. Just stayed at the hotel and was hoping to pay the rest with another card but they couldn't do it so they reversed the first charge from beginning of October. With the reversed charge, I believe I'm under the minimum spend but I also believe I'm outside the window for the retention offer (and I don't use the card so it won't get organic spend on it in the near future).

Thoughts? Reach out to AMEX or just hope it doesn't register?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.