Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:25 pm

Quick question re an Amex offer I just took advantage of: I purchased $500 worth of clothing from Mr Porter to get a $100 statement credit. 2 of the items I will be returning (not the right fit), and now after those returns the total will be around $220 that I spent at Mr Porter. I assume the $100 will be clawed back, which is fine and I of course understand that, but if I purchase more items from Mr Porter to bring back my final total to $500 (over the course of two transactions), will I get the $100 back ? Just don't want to purchase more from them unless I'll get the credit back.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by kthpence
Quick question re an Amex offer I just took advantage of: I purchased $500 worth of clothing from Mr Porter to get a $100 statement credit. 2 of the items I will be returning (not the right fit), and now after those returns the total will be around $220 that I spent at Mr Porter. I assume the $100 will be clawed back, which is fine and I of course understand that, but if I purchase more items from Mr Porter to bring back my final total to $500 (over the course of two transactions), will I get the $100 back ? Just don't want to purchase more from them unless I'll get the credit back.
I'm guessing the purchase doesn't have to be 1 single $500 purchase so I would first buy the additional items and then make the return. Then I don't think you'll even see any clawback since your total outlay will still be $500+.
kthpence likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
I'm guessing the purchase doesn't have to be 1 single $500 purchase so I would first buy the additional items and then make the return. Then I don't think you'll even see any clawback since your total outlay will still be $500+.
Didn't think of that, thank you !
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
AmEx Travel - Delta operated

How strict do we expect them to be about the flights being DL-operated? Any chance that DL-marketed, AF/KL-operated would trigger the offer?
Mike B likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:37 pm

Amex is offering some cardholders an extra one percent, with various minimums specified (I.e., spend $1500, get $15; or spend $2500, get $25; or spend $4500, get $45). Each offer can be used 3X.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Anyone had issues with the TurboTax offer, or maybe it's just the notification issues again? Or now maybe that I triple checked, I didn't do this properly?

Went in last night to pay for TT, before the price went up...I've got the get $20 back on $99+. My total was $108. Didn't get the email confirmation, nor a text confirming I had used the offer. Charge is showing as pending as 'Intuit'. I paid by logging into TT via a regular link, going to 'print' my return and hitting the pay now. Wanted to do it before the price went up, supposedly today. Now realize under the terms, it says this: Offer valid online at US website turbotax.intuit.com/affiliate/amexoffers2and via in-app purchases. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.

Anyone know if this should still work, and credit (hopefully automatically) a few days after this posts? Or if it doesn't, if support might manually be able to help? I probably should have checked the terms again before submitting.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Travel Pro Luggage, $30/$150, Exp 6/2/2022
*not bad if you were already planning on buying
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Jackson Hewitt, online filing, $10 off $25, Exp 6/4/2022
Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Anyone had issues with the TurboTax offer, or maybe it's just the notification issues again? Or now maybe that I triple checked, I didn't do this properly?

Went in last night to pay for TT, before the price went up...I've got the get $20 back on $99+. My total was $108. Didn't get the email confirmation, nor a text confirming I had used the offer. Charge is showing as pending as 'Intuit'. I paid by logging into TT via a regular link, going to 'print' my return and hitting the pay now. Wanted to do it before the price went up, supposedly today. Now realize under the terms, it says this: Offer valid online at US website turbotax.intuit.com/affiliate/amexoffers2and via in-app purchases. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.

Anyone know if this should still work, and credit (hopefully automatically) a few days after this posts? Or if it doesn't, if support might manually be able to help? I probably should have checked the terms again before submitting.
just to follow up in case it helps, credit posted. So it did indeed work.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:10 pm

I made a reservation on the Marriott.com website for a hotel in May. I used a combination of Bonvoy points and cash for the room. The cash total with fees and taxes is just over $1k.
This week I see an Amex offer of "Spend $1000 or more, get $200 back" when I pay for my stay at Homes & Villas by Marriott. I add it to my Amex card. When I look up the hotel I booked, its available on H&V site, but the room I picked is now only available with all points or all cash. Same thing shows up when I look for my room again on the Marriott.com site. So looks like I can't cancel on Marriott.com site and rebook it on the H&V site.
My question is, when I go in May and pay the $1k, will it still qualify for the credit since its all Marriott properties? Or will it won't since I didn't specifically book this rez on the H&V site? And if it is the latter option, is there anything I can do to switch my rez over to H&V? Thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dk1180
I made a reservation on the Marriott.com website for a hotel in May. I used a combination of Bonvoy points and cash for the room. The cash total with fees and taxes is just over $1k.
This week I see an Amex offer of "Spend $1000 or more, get $200 back" when I pay for my stay at Homes & Villas by Marriott. I add it to my Amex card. When I look up the hotel I booked, its available on H&V site, but the room I picked is now only available with all points or all cash. Same thing shows up when I look for my room again on the Marriott.com site. So looks like I can't cancel on Marriott.com site and rebook it on the H&V site.
My question is, when I go in May and pay the $1k, will it still qualify for the credit since its all Marriott properties? Or will it won't since I didn't specifically book this rez on the H&V site? And if it is the latter option, is there anything I can do to switch my rez over to H&V? Thanks.
No specific experience, but credit is gonna be based on the merchant account that charges if, and how that is set up. Highly doubt if booking through the main Marriott or homes and villas sites matters. When they charge you at the property, it processes as the local property either way.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by wmaciej

How strict do we expect them to be about the flights being DL-operated? Any chance that DL-marketed, AF/KL-operated would trigger the offer?
I just wish I could see that offer for one of my accounts.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:24 pm

I got a random Amazon - Spend $200, get 1000 MR on my Biz Platinum card today
Pocatello likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by lax01
I got a random Amazon - Spend $200, get 1000 MR on my Biz Platinum card today
and there is a similar offer on my EDP:

Not a huge deal (I prefer and can get 5X UR for Amazon gift cards on my INK every day), but I sometimes make small Amazon account reload transactions to get my monthly transaction count to 30 for the 50% MR bonus.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I just wish I could see that offer for one of my accounts.
I just used my Delta $100 off offer and got the credit within a few days to my surprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.